Draft Watcher eDPS Draft Watch 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blakey was another that should have received a bid much earlier.

I think some teams are maybe a bit cautious with high picks and not wanting the appearance of having their “2nd” choice.
I’m trusting North, to well be North and bid. Essendon to for that matter.

They’ve added a lot of highly rated mid and forward prospects in the last few years so could afford to look to the spine.
Yeah especially given we should get Western for chips who will likely play mid/forward at AFL level.

My original post should have mentioned Lobb too. That dude is a WAY better ruck than forward.

It seems like a good year for KPFs. Jamarra is club-linked, but Thilthorpe, Baldwin, and Callow are all great prospects.
McDonald looks good, Cox as well if he isn't thrown into defense permanently

I plan on putting out a Nab League club by club summary of all the potential draft eligible players for this year. I will try to get something out for the interstate players but it will be more difficult compared to Nab League as they have all their games from last year that I can watch for reference.

I plan on putting out a Nab League club by club summary of all the potential draft eligible players for this year. I will try to get something out for the interstate players but it will be more difficult compared to Nab League as they have all their games from last year that I can watch for reference.
Might be a very short draft this year.

Looks like 35 player lists are being discussed seriously by the AFL.

I can see most clubs only drafting 1 or 2 players this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Might be a very short draft this year.

Looks like 35 player lists are being discussed seriously by the AFL.

I can see most clubs only drafting 1 or 2 players this year.

This will hurt port a fair amount if it happened. They’ve stocked up heavily on young players the last few drafts. Lots of young players who could prove to be something but haven’t yet could be cast aside. For instance Riley Grundy looked miles away when we drafted him, but looked to have made strides this preseason.

This will hurt port a fair amount if it happened. They’ve stocked up heavily on young players the last few drafts. Lots of young players who could prove to be something but haven’t yet could be cast aside. For instance Riley Grundy looked miles away when we drafted him, but looked to have made strides this preseason.
Will be interesting to see what happens.

Brisbane are in the same boat. We’ve hit the draft hard 4 years in a row now. We have players from the 2017 draft who are only now getting close to the best 22 or look like key depth players.

Might see a couple of 2016 draftees who haven’t quite cracked the rotation delisted.

Looking at our list, I’d sooner delist a player like Cam Ellis-Yolmen rather than a recent draftee who was selected in the back end of the draft.

I'm unsure what these means for the Crows, who are really still in the early stages of their rebuild.

I'd actually love a shorter season, and I think one where the Crows really find out what players like Gallucci have. Forget results - if anything, write the season off for the pick - and focus on knowing what the list can deliver in three years.

Then go to the draft with four picks inside 28. Which will be tough, if we're both trying to reduce list numbers and perhaps trade some players in.

Will start of with Bendigo, any further questions on players feel free to fire away, next club will go up in the coming days,

Bendigo 2020

Josh Treacy (AH)
193cm 95kg
Key Forward
DR: 25-50

Strengths
Contested Marking
Tackling
Strength
Reading the ball overhead
Good below knees
Good skills for a bigger player, takes right options
Leading patterns, power of the mark
Set shot routine/long kick

Queries
Athleticism/Leap?
Height for position
Lack of upside

- Good potential for versatility, was going to play midfield this year

Seamus Mitchell (AH)
180cm 74kg
Small Forward
DR: 35-Late

Strengths
Creativity
Speed
Agility
Clean hands
Forward Craft
Upside

Queries
Production
Contested game
Overhead marking?
Skills under pressure
Tackling pressure?

- Best game came in a futures game for Vic Country, low possession but high impact

Jack Ginnivan (AH)
182cm 77kg
Small Forward

Strengths
Clean Hands
Forward Craft
Dual Sided
Football smarts
Neat skills
Composure

Queries
Tackling pressure?
Overhead marking?

- Neat player but lacks a key standout feature or athletic trait but not many glaring weaknesses either.

Sam Conforti (AH)
174cm 72kg
Wingman
DR: 45-Late

Strengths
Composure
Clean hands
Neat Skills
Courageous
Good finisher

Queries
Size
Consistency
Scoreboard impact

- Needs to play small forward or on the inside to get that point of difference as a smaller player

Jack Tillig
186cm 84kg
Defender
DR:45-Late

Strengths
Clean hands
Marking
Reading the play
Size
Diligent
Strong over ball and overhead

Queries
Kicking
Decision making
Composure
Upside

- Kicking and decision making as a combo needs work, can use the ball well when he takes his time
- Formerly GWV Rebels, hopefully some midfield time at Bendigo

Finn Ellis Castle
193cm 81kg
Key Defender
DR:Late

Strengths
Upside
Clean Hands
Marking
Composure

Queries
Production
Kicking

- A longer term prospect, needs to iron out kicking and show more one on one

Last edited:
Will start of with Bendigo, any further questions on players feel free to fire away, next club will go up in the coming days,

Bendigo 2020

Josh Treacy (AH)
193cm 92kg
Key Forward
DR: 25-50

Strengths
Contested Marking
Tackling
Strength
Reading the ball overhead
Good below knees
Good skills for a bigger player, takes right options
Leading patterns, power of the mark
Set shot routine/long kick

Queries
Athleticism/Leap?
Height for position
Lack of upside

- Good potential for versatility, was going to play midfield this year

Seamus Mitchell (AH)
182cm 78kg
Small Forward

Strengths
Creativity
Speed
Agility
Clean hands
Forward Craft
Upside

Queries
Production
Contested game
Overhead marking?
Skills under pressure
Tackling pressure?

- Best game came in a futures game for Vic Country, low possession but high impact

Jack Ginnivan (AH)
183cm 76kg
Small Forward

Strengths
Clean Hands
Forward Craft
Dual Sided
Football smarts
Neat skills
Composure

Queries
Tackling pressure?
Overhead marking?

- Neat player but lacks a key standout feature or athletic trait but not many glaring weaknesses either.

Sam Conforti (AH)
174cm 72kg
Wingman
DR: 45-Late

Strengths
Composure
Clean hands
Neat Skills
Courageous
Good finisher

Queries
Size
Consistency
Scoreboard impact

- Needs to play small forward or on the inside to get that point of difference as a smaller player

Jack Tillig
186cm 84kg
Defender
DR:45-Late

Strengths
Clean hands
Marking
Reading the play
Size
Diligent
Strong over ball and overhead

Queries
Kicking
Decision making
Composure
Upside

- Kicking and decision making as a combo needs work, can use the ball well when he takes his time
- Formerly GWV Rebels, hopefully some midfield time at Bendigo
You and Knightmare have very different opinions of Jack Ginnivan

You and Knightmare have very different opinions of Jack Ginnivan
Yeah everyone has different things they value and look for in players, a lot of the small forward types usually have one key feature they have better than most and although Ginnivan has some good skills and forward craft he hasn’t looked to have an elite athletic trait (hard to figure endurance in small forward until combine). Another forward/midfielder I have higher is Bailey Laurie as he goes have that elite agility and is incredibly smooth with ball in hand and a great finisher in front of goal.

Midfield time is something Ginnivan could have got more of this year which would have been a major point of difference if he smashed it in there.

A little early spoiler, the height of DGB is no longer an issue for him as a top 10 prospect.
I noticed you have Ugle-Hagan as 196cms now. Is that correct? I remember last year he was listed as 194 going into round 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back