Preview Elimination Final - Carlton v Essendon - Sunday Sept 11 @ 2.40PM - MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't mean to intrude, but Essendon have told us (members) that we can buy two tickets with our membership barcode, ie. one member and one non-member. I'd assume it's the same for all teams and games so if it's just one mate you want to go with, you should be fine to buy two tickets on Monday.

Hrmmm... not bad. Hawks apparently can take two friends in.

I am very disapointed about last nite.... Winnin form is what we needed and now we have lost the last 2 games...

Im not to sure what the instructions were last nite, even if we lost i was hopin that we would run our legs off back and forward to get that bit better match fitness....

1 thing to take is we were comin off the bye and so far this yr only a handful of teams have done well off the bye...

Very interesting for next week....

With wins over Geelong, WCE, St Kilda, Sydney, and a draw against Carlton. Essendon deserve their spot in 8.
I think he meant if Freo and WB to name but 2 played near their best there would be no question about Ess in finals

I think he meant if Freo and WB to name but 2 played near their best there would be no question about Ess in finals
If Freo were actually able to field a side then they may be useful in finals. :eek:

Hrmmm... not bad. Hawks apparently can take two friends in.
Well AFL Members can buy 2 guest passes for the Hawks/Cats and Pies/Eagles finals, but only 1 guest pass for our final. So I'm guessing it's working the same with club memberships.

Disagree re intensity I was at our game and the pies game, our intensity was very good.

I was at both games. Our intensity was very similar to that of Collingwood's, especially in the second half.

The first half we were all over them, but playing bruise-free football. In the second half we just stopped. If we had have made the most of our chances in the first half, we would have won anyway.

Will the Blues go for bruise free footy next week? Keep themselves fresh for the Eagles?

Do you have anything constructive to add??

You are treading a fine line.

Will the Blues go for bruise free footy next week? Keep themselves fresh for the Eagles?

Wont need to, plan for it to be over at half time or shortly after. .. Maybe they should sell second half tickets to Carlton supporters. ..

with tough guys like Reimers to contend with I am sure there will be bruises aplenty

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im growing in confidence by the day!
Looks like you will play O'hAilpin as theres no other viable option at full forward...I think Fletch and our other tall defenders will relish the opportunity to play on him.
Kreuzer has injury concerns, Betts & Garlett very quiet and Judd well held (though cant keep a good man down too long)
We drew first time round this year and only got smashed up last time we played as we had half a side in - really think we have every chance to knock you off here with a full strength team.
Infact Id go as far as to say if we can limit Judds impact we will almost certainly win.
Good for you.

Well AFL Members can buy 2 guest passes for the Hawks/Cats and Pies/Eagles finals, but only 1 guest pass for our final. So I'm guessing it's working the same with club memberships.

Is that irrespective of membership type? If that's the case, will definitely be booking on Monday. Guess it'll have to be the brother in law.

Had a blinder IMO...did some very courageous things and ran the lines well

Was actually plenty impressed with his efforts. .. including that spoil on Kosi, who while he took the mark was made to earn it on a much smaller opponent. ..

Right now, I would be looking at:
IN: Jamo, Carrazzo, Thornton*
OUT: Davies (unlucky), Joseph, Kreuzer*

*if Kreuzer doesn't pull up

I think, if Ellard can't make his way back in to the team, that he should consider himself extremely unlucky as I think he really has had a great season.

Tough decisions to be made for the MC with the possible inclusions of:
Thornton
Waite
Jamison
Carrazzo
Ellard

Should be an interesting week.

Ratts on the radio now. Jamo will be back next week. Waite and Kruezer sound very doubtful, especially Waite. Waiting to see on Kreuzer. Really sounds bad with Waite.

Speaking highly of improvement, mentions Murph and Thornton especially.

Garlett and Betts - no doubt they need to fire. Spoke to them after the game about their efforts last night, put the pressure on those who didn't perform last night to the benchmark needed. Davies played forward and had more impact and possies than the two smalls. Regroup, move on next week.

Carrazzo - whiplash.

The club has 'duty of care' groups - taking them on and under their wings, Ratts has Lucas, Robbo and a few others - focus on well being and relationships.

Love Ratts. Those who doubt him, shame on you :eek::cool:

Fair point. Not sure about WB, no doubt Freo with a near full strength team would cause some trouble in September.

Don't mean to intrude, but Essendon have told us (members) that we can buy two tickets with our membership barcode, ie. one member and one non-member. I'd assume it's the same for all teams and games so if it's just one mate you want to go with, you should be fine to buy two tickets on Monday.

If you check the MCG website it says that members can buy 2 tickets per membership with a limit of 8 per transaction.
A hint to those buying tickets tomorrow, the standard tickets available are in the top level and the back rows and are limited in number. Best to get the prime tickets, better seats and more available.
Good luck.
Ins this week; Jamo (hopefully), Thornton, Carrazzo
Out; Davies, Kreuzer, Russell (unlucky)

reports from the doc on triple m jamo to miss next week..and Waite which is obvious..injuries have crippled us in the key posts..setanta, hendo and Kruez (jab him up he'll be right) need to play out of their skins, i hope its a bit wet next Sunday to be honest the only place they think they'll be able to get us is height in the forward half, if its a bit damp and cool we should have too much power around the middle and our little guys should love the conditions.. If its wet maybe Ellard for Russ, Armfield or Lucas to give us some more drive in the centre, Judd, Murph, Ellard, Robinson, Carrazzo should be enough to work them over in the middle if its a bit wet..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back