HB: Yarran, Henderson, Laidler
C: Simpson, Robinson, Scotland
HF: Gibbs, Walker, Kreuzer
FF: Garlett, O'hAilpin, Betts
R: Warnock, Judd, Murphy
IC: Carrazzo, Lucas, Joseph, Tuohy(s)

OUT: Armfield, Davies
IN: Carrazzo, Jamison

Good little run before the finals...bit rusty but loved some of the play in the first half.

Let's thump these maggots!!

How does ticketing work? What's the likelihood of finding tickets on Tuesday? Not sure whether to use my membership and go alone (or with one other) or take a risk on Tuesday and hope it doesn't sell out.

Not sure if you're taking the pi.ss or not???

This game will be sold out quicker than any game for the season...

Tickets will be on sale for all members on Monday, so that takes care of 80k tickets, 20k of those are AFL members(we are only aloud 1 ticket) 60k for club members, 15k MCC members and the rest corporate...

Make no mistake, get your ticket straight away when they go on sale!

Not sure if you're taking the pi.ss or not???

This game will be sold out quicker than any game for the season...

Tickets will be on sale for all members on Monday, so that takes care of 80k tickets, 20k of those are AFL members(we are only aloud 1 ticket) 60k for club members, 15k MCC members and the rest corporate...

Make no mistake, get your ticket straight away when they go on sale!

Thought that'd be the case after doing the math on the train ride home. 80k for members, 15k for MCC doesn't leave much left over for the general public.

Had a couple guys from uni who've never attended a game wanting to come along next week but guess it's not gonna happen. Not taking any chances when it comes to attending my first ever finals game.

Had a blinder IMO...did some very courageous things and ran the lines well

I thought purely as a neglecting role, he was very good on Milne, and nobody could stop the goals Milne kicked. AJ seems to have a permanent spot locked up for the GAJ/Milnes/Blairs of the AFL

However, i am struggling to see a match-up for him this week (besides maybe Jetta, who probably doesn't warrant a full lock-down job) And with (hopefully) Jamo, Carrazzo, Waite, Ellard and Thornton in hot pursuit, unlucky players will have to make way

Think we need to seriously look at having a taller player as the sub. We have so much pace, I don't think we need an extra quick bloke. If we lose a tall from injury, our structures go totally out the window.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jamo, thornton and carrazzo all have to come in if fit.

Hard to pick players to drop but Id leave out Davies, armfield and Lucas (although he looked good tonight)

Ellard will also be unlucky

If it wasnt finals this week I would drop betts or garlett. But cant change a winning formula now!

Im growing in confidence by the day!
Looks like you will play O'hAilpin as theres no other viable option at full forward...I think Fletch and our other tall defenders will relish the opportunity to play on him.
Kreuzer has injury concerns, Betts & Garlett very quiet and Judd well held (though cant keep a good man down too long)
We drew first time round this year and only got smashed up last time we played as we had half a side in - really think we have every chance to knock you off here with a full strength team.
Infact Id go as far as to say if we can limit Judds impact we will almost certainly win.

I don't know about this game. Kind of nervous. We seem to give teams periods of dominance (couple of goals in a row) lately and Essendon have been doing that to other teams. Play anything like we did against St Kilda and we will lose for sure.

We cannot really look at our last game against them as they are going to field a different team to what they fielded in round 18. Having said that, a loss next week would be the worst loss in decades. An elimination final against our arch-rivals and my most hated team Essendon... we cannot lose this after being kicked out in the first round the last two years. This win is a MUST for my sanity!

Im growing in confidence by the day!
Looks like you will play O'hAilpin as theres no other viable option at full forward...I think Fletch and our other tall defenders will relish the opportunity to play on him.
Kreuzer has injury concerns, Betts & Garlett very quiet and Judd well held (though cant keep a good man down too long)
We drew first time round this year and only got smashed up last time we played as we had half a side in - really think we have every chance to knock you off here with a full strength team.
Infact Id go as far as to say if we can limit Judds impact we will almost certainly win.

That's nice. Maybe you can tone the rah rah down a bit here and save it for Essendon's corresponding thread.

Like Collingwood on Friday, we didn't show any intensity tonight and the players truly looked like they only had finals on their mind to tried avoid injury. Having said that we went down by only 3 goals in a game where the saints where at their best and had everything to play for.

The results of the last two finals is haunting the players and don't worry, we will be hungrier than we have ever been.

We will obliterate Essendon- They are the Steven Bradbury of the finals series.

Like Collingwood on Friday, we didn't show any intensity tonight and the players truly looked like they only had finals on their mind to tried avoid injury. Having said that we went down by only 3 goals in a game where the saints where at their best and had everything to play for.

The results of the last two finals is haunting the players and don't worry, we will be hungrier than we have ever been.

We will obliterate Essendon- They are the Steven Bradbury of the finals series.

Disagree re intensity I was at our game and the pies game, our intensity was very good.

Intensity was well down last night, our tackle count came in around 40 when it is usually 70 odd, and we didn't really have a hot crack in the last quarter to try and win, got to say the Saints seemed to put the cue into the rack in the last 10 or so minutes, also.

We'll sure lift against the Bombers, but our record against them is patchy. Yep, pumped them last time, but they were undermanned, time before that it was a draw and they were two players down in the first

Hope Kruz comes up, although on the flip side he hasn't had a great year since coming back from injury. Be great to have Jamo & Hendo roaming the backline

How does ticketing work? What's the likelihood of finding tickets on Tuesday? Not sure whether to use my membership and go alone (or with one other) or take a risk on Tuesday and hope it doesn't sell out.
Don't mean to intrude, but Essendon have told us (members) that we can buy two tickets with our membership barcode, ie. one member and one non-member. I'd assume it's the same for all teams and games so if it's just one mate you want to go with, you should be fine to buy two tickets on Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back