Game Day Elimination final - Melbourne v St Kilda - MCG 1:10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
See this is where I will disagree.
To be honest nothing the coach could do anything and you would still not have been happy with. The Carlisle move actually started things moving in that second quarter.
You want to be shitty thats fine. But when your most senior players are the ones making simple errors in that first.
We ask him to make changes and when he does it still isnt good enough.
Reflecting on that first quarter the simple difference was when we needed the leaders to slow things down and not rush they were the ones blasting blindly dropping marks and that killed momentum. Hell at one point it was 5 inside 50s to zip. And we didnt slow it down
What's he done that impresses you?

We need to stop blaming Richo... we went from wooden spooners to missing finals by percentage in 2 seasons .. with the worst foot skills team in the comp.. by far..

I don't believe the coaching staff are the issue I believe we have overestimated / overrated our list and until we learn to kick and stop making mistakes.. no coach will take us anywhere..

We look to be in the contest every game and are our own worst enemy..

We are like a batsman who gets caught in the outfield every week rather than nicked.. we get ourselves out of it..

We need to address some list needs (in my opinion by drafting) before we can go anywhere as our list is not a finals contender

Where u at the game today? How does a team have extra backs, a one on one forward line, and numbers on the fat side 10 times in a row. A better game plan I would suggest.

FMD I thought it was bad when we let Sinclair look like plugga but these Melbourne campaigners, never even ******* heard of them and they're going to tell their grandkids about the time they got their only Brownlow votes against us.

**** oath, watch next week Norf will play some lad and eh'll play like 2005 Ben Cousins.

Majak Daw will probably kick a bag against us.

We really should flog North next week though, we might not have finals to play for but it will be Riewoldt's last home game so we need a good win.

What's he done that impresses you?

Not sure. Would it be the development of the guys that have become whipping boys?
Billings improvement this year has been more than good. Webster? White? Other than today Ross has developed under Richo. Membrey? Longer? Dunstan in the last month?
You know what really impresses me? How he handles himself not just in the box but in the pressers. A lot of other coaches will be defensive or publicly humiliate players. I think the guy we see is not always the guy that the players see and hear.

As I said. You are right to be shitty we all are.
But he actually made changes that actually started the momentum heading in our favour. But instead you have a crack at him.
He tried Gilbo in the forward line. Had Gresh coming off the half back line at centre bounces. Moved Carlisle forward because he was one that wasnt afraid of touching the ball.
So easy to lump it all on Richo. What about Bruce Steven Ross Newnes and Weller today in crucial parts of the first quarter that cost? We lost the first quarter contested by 8. And then broke even for the rest of the game. 4.7 in the 3rd quarter hurts us. If we go into 3 quarter time in front we win I reckon. Lot of the team is still very much confidence based players. When they are confident in hitting targets they play well. If the first couple of touches aren't effective their heads drop. Gresh and Bruce good examples of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back