Preview Elimination Final - Sydney Swans vs GWS, 3:20pm, Saturday August 29 @ UTAS, Launceston

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe Melican was brought in a few weeks ago with the focus being on freeing Rampe up to play on Greene in an inevitable Giants match up?

Melican is specifically in the team to take Hogan, Hawkins or Dixon.

That allows McCartin to take the other tall such as Himmelberg, Cameron or Georgiadis.

Love Rampe, he has been a warrior but his days of playing on tall key forwards are over.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Most were predicting that we wouldn’t do better than 12th this year - that’s what I mean about an underdog tag.

The only thing GWS has more than us is an inner mongrel, win at all cost mentality - that applies to a lot of our supporters too!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah I get what you meant, I'm just saying that underdog tag went out the window about halfway through the season when most started backing us for Top 4. It's also irrelevant to our success in the finals.

I do think it's strange how this board seems to have collectively decided Hickey's wife's due date.

With twins it's almost always induced so I dare say she has a due date in mind too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let’s discuss who should present the cup if we win
The difficulties posed by COVID gives us a good chance to honour a club legend...

1629808959243.png

Horse on AFL 360 indicated both Kennedy & Mills fitness decision would be evaluated on Thursday. He said Kennedy has done some light running but will need to do a big block by Thursday to be considered for the weekend. Mills is a bit unknown/tricky, they're taking it day by day as the Achilles can suddenly feel better. Basically wait until Thursday to find out. Early indications and from his tone my guess would be Kennedy won't play but Mills could potentially play. I also get the inkling they don't want to take both injured players into a elimination final.

I’m not sure tendinopathy is a major risk factor for further injury like a rupture. It’ll just be a question of whether he can handle the pain - it hurts like hell and you can’t jab it.

I would have thought any sort of injury associated with the achilles is a risk of further damage, but fair enough, I'm no doctor.

He was subbed out, so officially I believe he has to be listed as in and Fox as out on the Thursday night team sheets.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Incorrect, the sub is just counted as a 23rd player, so in order for the sub to not be in the 22 picked this week he would be listed as an out. Mills was selected so would also have to be listed as an out.

Yeah I get what you meant, I'm just saying that underdog tag went out the window about halfway through the season when most started backing us for Top 4. It's also irrelevant to our success in the finals.

Disagree. Psychologically, underdog tag is huge - especially when it comes to the Swans. Just look at who we beat and lost to in the home and away this year. We seem to play much better when we are playing teams above us than below us.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back