Preview Elimination Final - Sydney Swans vs GWS, 3:20pm, Saturday August 29 @ UTAS, Launceston

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disagree. Psychologically, underdog tag is huge - especially when it comes to the Swans. Just look at who we beat and lost to in the home and away this year. We seem to play much better when we are playing teams above us than below us.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

But we're playing GWS?

If we bring our normal level of pressure (which has been excellent across the year), I think we will win this. GWS isn't an extreme pressure team and of course it will be finals so the pressure will be elevated, but if we out-pressure them across the day, our gamestyle and effort will be good enough to take them out I think particularly if it isn't wet or windy down there on the day (BOM suggests it will be cold but not windy or wet right now).

Yes - if we get through this one we will have a good chance of going all the way IMO. And that’s why we need to pull out all stops, even if risking further injury (IMO).

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah I dunno, I get what you're saying just not sure the logic backs up your initial reaction to me being cautious about doing long term damage to Mills. If his Achilles inflamation isn't likely to get worse as J_Moore said then I guess the only risk is only getting half a game out of him.

For instance if we finished Top 4 next season I think that's a better chance for a flag that we should go all out for than finishing 6th this year, I just don't quite get how somehow being an underdog in 6th means this is the best chance we'll have for a flag.

Yeah I dunno, I get what you're saying just not sure the logic backs up your initial reaction to me being cautious about doing long term damage to Mills. If his Achilles inflamation isn't likely to get worse as J_Moore said then I guess the only risk is only getting half a game out of him.

For instance if we finished Top 4 next season I think that's a better chance for a flag that we should go all out for than finishing 6th this year, I just don't quite get how somehow being an underdog in 6th means this is the best chance we'll have for a flag.
Who knows, we might not make another finals series for ten years.. I'm hoping our guys give this final absolutely everything because I think the giants will be going at it 2016 qualifying final style.

Who knows, we might not make another finals series for ten years.. I'm hoping our guys give this final absolutely everything because I think the giants will be going at it 2016 qualifying final style.

Absolutely, but in that case we should be putting our all in regardless of context of making Finals, that's all I'm saying.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately the score board does care about either of those

that's because the afl is a source of evil ... otherwise we'd get a morals allowance, converted to several goals' start each game
especially games against geelong, hawthorn, north, st kilda or essendon ... all of which are funded by the opium trade and other dark pursuits ... i read that on the internet so it must be true

I do think it's strange how this board seems to have collectively decided Hickey's wife's due date.
you underestimate the collective powers of this board at your own peril

Game is a sell out, but the ground holds 20,000.Is there a limit on crowd numbers for this game.
due to covid they have put a limit of 10,000 for Tasmanian games, and 15,000? for Adelaide games.

Aside from the Mills injury and the Hickeys' impending birth, do people think there will be more changes?

FWIW, I thought Foxy did very well in the quarter and a bit he played. If The Chad replaces Mills I imagine Foxy will stay as the sub. Thoughts?
Fox for Melican

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back