Elite V's Superelite

Remove this Banner Ad

jakson68

Club Legend
Jun 3, 2008
Echuca
AFL Club
Collingwood
There is so much talk on every thread about how this player is elite and that player is elite.
We all have our favorite players and we are all bias to our opinions but they cannot all be elite.
Or can they?
If we were to say the top 5% constitutes elite status, then approx 40 players in the league is elite.
40 players can be very subjective, so yes an argument can be made for most players we may choose.

So what is better than elite? - Superelite (true fact, look it up)

I would assume that Super elite would be the top 1%, so eight players.

Off the top of my head, if I was to pick the Superelite of the comp, it would be (in alphabetical order)
Andrews
Bont
Butters
J. Cameron
Curnow
N. Daicos
Gawn
Taylor

Curious to who others think are the Superelite of the comp.

There is so much talk on every thread about how this player is elite and that player is elite.
We all have our favorite players and we are all bias to our opinions but they cannot all be elite.
Or can they?
If we were to say the top 5% constitutes elite status, then approx 40 players in the league is elite.
40 players can be very subjective, so yes an argument can be made for most players we may choose.

Off the top of my head, if I was to pick the Superelite of the comp, it would be (in alphabetical order)
Andrews
Bont
Butters
J. Cameron
Curnow
N. Daicos
Gawn
Taylor

Curious to who others think are the Superelite of thee comp.
The horney one

Or can they?

Andrews
Bont
Butters
J. Cameron
Curnow
N. Daicos
Gawn
Taylor

Laughable list.

Current superelite players =

Toby Greene
Marcus Bontempelli

That's it.

(no recency bias)

Or can they?

Andrews
Bont
Butters
J. Cameron
Curnow
N. Daicos
Gawn
Taylor

In no order

On current form

Super Elite

Naicos
Bont
Curnow
Trac
Reid?

Career wise

Dusty
Hawkins
Pendlebury

Elite would just be the rest of the 44 man AA squad I guess

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Curnow, Cameron two most 'elite' key forwards

Overrated
Who would you have in front of Curnow and Cameron? Both have won multiple Coleman medals and Cameron has been touted as best player in the league for the past season.

Now, I'm not saying I agree with his list, but it's far from terrible.

Not many key position defenders have been better than Andrews for the past few years either.

Andrews?
Taylor?
Taylor IMO is the best defender in the league.
Andrews I really rate.

Yes I could have gone Stewart, or perhaps others, or not even another defender.

The fact that teams put so much emphasis on stopping him, shows his standing.

Again this is just an opinion and I welcome yours.

Who would you have in front of Curnow and Cameron? Both have won multiple Coleman medals and Cameron has been touted as best player in the league for the past season.

Now, I'm not saying I agree with his list, but it's far from terrible.

Not many key position defenders have been better than Andrews for the past few years either.
Cameron and Curnow have attributes very few have.
Skill, endurance, strong, height.
Key forwards that can take contested marks, then be just as clean when the ball hits the ground.
Not to mention as well as roam up the ground with fantastic field kicking are a nightmare for opponents.

The great ones are a special breed.

Mark Mercuri.

The epitome of elite everything.

But no one but us old coot Bomber freaks remember his brilliance.

Voss and Hird and Bucks and Robert Harvey and Robbie Flower and Neale Daniher … Malcolm Blight …Kenny Hunter ..Brice Doul ..Wanganeen..Long.. and the others.

All round élite Australian rules footy players.

On form this year Isaac Heeney should at least be in the conversation of superelite 8.

Or can they?

Andrews
Bont
Butters
J. Cameron
Curnow
N. Daicos
Gawn
Taylor

That's a good list... but who are the superduperelite players?

Remove this Banner Ad

Elite V's Superelite

Remove this Banner Ad

Back