List Mgmt. End of season trades and delistings

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder if Harper will be looked at as an option for trade.

I recall when drafted that there were concers he could be a boom or bust player with his issues in working withing team structures an issue.

Would be consider putting him on the table to see if there any bites?
An arrow to the heart to even hear this mentioned, though I can understand why you'd throw it out there. High hopes for Harps and very disappointed in his year. Still hold out hope for fulfilment of his potential, which is how I hope the club are seeing it. But if a disappointing year for someone who hasn't made it back to/into seniors is the criterion, I'd say bye bye to Gys before Harps.

An arrow to the heart to even hear this mentioned, though I can understand why you'd throw it out there. High hopes for Harps and very disappointed in his year. Still hold out hope for fulfilment of his potential, which is how I hope the club are seeing it. But if a disappointing year for someone who hasn't made it back to/into seniors is the criterion, I'd say bye bye to Gys before Harps.
I'm not looking to ship him off, but moreso looking at the potential to trade when there is still a perceived value in AFL circles. I love what the kid brings and he certainly has more table value than Gys so I am just putting it out there.

I'm not looking to ship him off, but moreso looking at the potential to trade when there is still a perceived value in AFL circles. I love what the kid brings and he certainly has more table value than Gys so I am just putting it out there.
I got that BT, hence my comment that I knew you were just throwing it out there (and why).

Harper's had a terrible year, he has another chance though, the skipper spent much of a year in the VFL.

The difference being, Swallow went back and dominated, Harper is averaging about 10 disposals a game.

Massive pre season/year for him next year, he's shaping as one of our first major busts in a while if this form-line continues into next year.

For all the excuses I've heard on him, injuries etc, it's all absolute bullshit, a guy of his talent and the position he plays, he should be tearing the VFL a new one, especially in a decent side.

Lachie Hunter isn't too dissimilar from the Dog's, Harp's is probably aot more naturally talented, play similar positions, roles, with flair etc.

Hunter as a 19 year old averages about 25 disposals and 2 goals a game in the VFL this year.

Come on man, seriously?

A guy that's playing in the VFL of a team that is 11th and a VFL quality defender, for a KP player that was a top 15 pick in the draft last year? No chance.
Same with Polec.

Would you rate Polecs career so far better than Jacobs or Gys?

Janksch wants to go, Polec has been tortured by injury, reportedly wants to come back to Vic and has questionable attitude problems.

By your logic we could get a top 10 pick for Gys?

His year has been so bad it's possible we wouldn't get enough in return to make it worthwhile.

If the right offer came along, who knows I guess.

I recall when drafted that there were concers he could be a boom or bust player with his issues in working withing team structures an issue.

Wouldn't take anything less than a first round pick for him. highly doubt we would ever get that based on his output so far this year.

He was always going to be a 3-4 year prospect based on his inconsistent nature at TAC level. Still only young and has huge upside if he can learn how to get his hands on the footy more. I don't think we are in a position to trade away potential game breakers, its the biggest hole on our list.

Would you rate Polecs career so far better than Jacobs or Gys?

Janksch wants to go, Polec has been tortured by injury, reportedly wants to come back to Vic and has questionable attitude problems.

By your logic we could get a top 10 pick for Gys?

Polec was a top 5 pick who has seriously good credentials. He really hasn't got to where he wants simple because of injury. Based on his draft position alone he in all likelihood is going to demand a late first round or 2nd round pick.

Janksch was in the top 3 KP's in his draft year and has huge potential. They won't let him go for anything less than a 1st round pick.

Polec was a top 5 pick who has seriously good credentials. He really hasn't got to where he wants simple because of injury. Based on his draft position alone he in all likelihood is going to demand a late first round or 2nd round pick.

Janksch was in the top 3 KP's in his draft year and has huge potential. They won't let him go for anything less than a 1st round pick.

Janksch i do agree with was probably pushing a little there, but i dont think Keys and a 3rd is a long way off for Polec. I assume we would be pushing for at least a mid 2nd for Keys alone.

To me Harper is the missing link, boy I prey he has a great off-season and comes back cherry ripe for round 1 2014, and I see no value in trading a bloke after one ordinary year when his value would have diminished. so keeper from me

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i agree its not far off Polec's market value, but Brisbane wouldn't really be happy with it I dont think.

Its been reported 4 clubs are showing interest in Keys my guess would be Bris, StK, WB and GWS. Was looking at who had what to offer.

Saints and bullies would have good 2nd round offers, only thing Bris have to trump it is Polec but think they would need steak knives thus our 3rd.

GWS gets more difficult as i think their 2nd is too high and 3rd to low.

This is all "IF" Keys wants to go, really id like to keep him

Harper's had a terrible year, he has another chance though, the skipper spent much of a year in the VFL.

The difference being, Swallow went back and dominated, Harper is averaging about 10 disposals a game.

Massive pre season/year for him next year, he's shaping as one of our first major busts in a while if this form-line continues into next year.

For all the excuses I've heard on him, injuries etc, it's all absolute bullshit, a guy of his talent and the position he plays, he should be tearing the VFL a new one, especially in a decent side.

Lachie Hunter isn't too dissimilar from the Dog's, Harp's is probably aot more naturally talented, play similar positions, roles, with flair etc.

Hunter as a 19 year old averages about 25 disposals and 2 goals a game in the VFL this year.

Kieran Harper is not an accumulator. He's a finisher. He's a clean kick of the ball, especially around goals, and the club shouldn't be trying to make him into a midfielder. Players like that will always look better with an AFL level midfield, and I'm confident that if he was given a call-up, he'd play better than he has in the VFL all year. The only issue is that you can't really carry a player like that who can't have a run through the middle.

word is the players have lost a fair bit of faith in him. copped a few hits last year that has knocked the confidence right out of himself & is now no longer prepared to put the body on the line. the sydney game in tassie raised quite a few internal eyebrows. massive shame, i thought he was our x factor that we lacked.

Kieran Harper is not an accumulator. He's a finisher. He's a clean kick of the ball, especially around goals, and the club shouldn't be trying to make him into a midfielder. Players like that will always look better with an AFL level midfield, and I'm confident that if he was given a call-up, he'd play better than he has in the VFL all year. The only issue is that you can't really carry a player like that who can't have a run through the middle.

I'm very aware of the type of player he is.

He should be kicking 3-5 goals a game in the VFL every week.

I wana see him playing like Stevie J.... who was also a finisher, but can also get it 30+ times a game....
let him develop on the list... not much trade value.... but if he makes it he will be a star i think.....seems abit lost atm.... who knows maybe some personal issues....

word is the players have lost a fair bit of faith in him. copped a few hits last year that has knocked the confidence right out of himself & is now no longer prepared to put the body on the line. the sydney game in tassie raised quite a few internal eyebrows. massive shame, i thought he was our x factor that we lacked.
Interesting post nmfc.......where is this info from? I don't remember his role, or lack of I guess, in the swans tassie game.

Not a pot at you NMFC, but I find that surprising. One of the few positives this year in his 3 games was his 18 tackles, hardly the stat of a guy not prepared to put the body on the line.

His downfall this season came as a big surprise considering how good a preseason he had.

I think he has been struggling with the additional weight he has been carrying. In the games I have seen its definitely not his physicality that's lacking its his explosiveness.

You want X factor........ Dale Garlett is our man! Quick and deadly around goals. I know there is baggage and a certain amount of risk recruiting him, but it's a risk worth taking IMO

You want X factor........ Dale Garlett is our man! Quick and deadly around goals. I know there is baggage and a certain amount of risk recruiting him, but it's a risk worth taking IMO

We have been safe for a number of years now and we already have another safe first round pick locked away. I'd pull the trigger with Garlett for sure. Maybe even rookie-list his older brother Cruze to help him settle in

Kieran's backward year was the biggest negative for me list-wise in 2013.

Spent an unhealthy amount of time in summer rewatching his highlights. Talent to burn and the body had developed way beyond the minimum standard required for AFL.

Hope it comes together for him next year. Potentially Harvey/Wells grade imo in matchwinning ability.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. End of season trades and delistings

Remove this Banner Ad

Back