List Mgmt. End of season trades and delistings

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think that he does. I reckon he would be looking to some other sides thinking that he could get a gig in the ones consistently.

Its a shame.
I'm sure he is frustrated that he is not considered auto best 22, but hey, what can you do when we are fully fit. He could go to a handful of clubs and start. I reckon the Saints, Melbourne, perhaps the Dogs, Blues, Eagles would be looking at him.
We might get away without Levi next year if Garner continues his attack on the pill... we also have Jacobs as well who can play inside. if the right deal comes- along pull the trigger.
It would have to be a deal that gets us an upgraded pick rather than a 3rd/4th rounder. No value in that for us I reckon. This year should be all about maximising the value of the picks we do use given the state of our list.

If no such deal eventuates then we keep Levi and hope he puts pressure on the other mids playing the same role.

what would be the right deal? I doubt anyone would offer more than a 3rd round pick and I think we would have to pay a fair amount of his contract.
As per BTron, a pick upgrade... We need to tread carefully with Levi, he would want to get to a best 22 team, and deserves it.
I am the worst to ask about these things tho... i love all our players and wish we could keep them all.

I hope that we continue to invest in the draft.

We have a balanced list with depth in all positions.

Development and natural improvement that will come from 22 games of additional experience + a stockpile of talented youth that are given time to develop will ensure that when we break into the top 4, we stay there for a sustained numbered of seasons.

Can't wait for 2014 as this list (without top ups) will achieve !

I do not think the delistings will be all that difficult. There are 8 players on list who could be traded or delisted.
Their numbers are: 4,11,15,19,24,28,33,and 36

You may just shit your pants if those numbers come up in Tatts next week

Just watched 360 and Paul chapman looks like he may not be offered a contract by Geelong at seasons end. A 250 game strong bodied hard nut might be handy for a year or 2 if cheap. Yeah he's 31, and best probs behind him, but he knows what it takes to win flags and with Steve Saunders on the case.. He could get up for us. Maybe worth a punt?

Apparently our coach is pondering on what to do with pick 8, Lloyd says we would pick better players that will be available before getting luke mc..(he listed some players but wasn't quick enough to get them down).

Thoughts?

B Tron is nearest to the pin.

Mabon, Kennedy would be the automatic outs. Not necessarily for being poor but because someone has to get cut as per the stupid AFL rules.

Gysberts is the wildcard in terms of being cut. I wonder if his laconic nature (TM Lachie) may count against him.

LA, Levi almost certainly will request trades.

So that's 4-5 delistings rights there.

Reportedly we want to keep Car Keys so that'll come down to his preference.

At the minimum I think Mabon, Kennedy, LA will be the list changes.
Agree with most of this and also would add sierakowski the list of delistees.

Apparently our coach is pondering on what to do with pick 8, Lloyd says we would pick better players that will be available before getting luke mc..(he listed some players but wasn't quick enough to get them down).

Thoughts?

VERY HIGHILY doubt this gonna happen, unless if somehow brad scott knows the best player in the draft is still going to available at pick 8, this will not happen, luke mcdonald is a top 5-6 draft pick, theres no way we are gonna give him up considering his trained with us in utah before, he played for werribee all this year so he wouldnt have too many different coaches teaching him how to play, his father (who is very highly regarded as a footy manager) has stepped down just so his son and him do not have a conflict of interest...only way this could happen is every team below us didnt want luke mc (which wont happen) some club will say we'll have him and theres no way the roos are gonna let luke mc walk away.

Baring some draft tampering, he'll be a roo come our pick 8.

Thoughts?

The players he mentioned were Kelly, Billings and Aish. He said if any one of them were available at pick 8 there's no way we could opt for anyone else available instead, including Two Dogs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The players he mentioned were Kelly, Billings and Aish. He said if any one of them were available at pick 8 there's no way we could opt for anyone else available instead, including Two Dogs.

But we have to commit before we know who is left on the table, so it's a moot point. We have to use 8 on Luke if someone bids higher, or we don't have to if they don't.

I'd be delisting Anthony and Gysberts. Gets tricky after that. Depends on trades. I'd be more than happy to keep Mabon and Kennedy.

Spud's future is debatable. I'm wondering what the future holds for Scotty Mc......

But we have to commit before we know who is left on the table, so it's a moot point. We have to use 8 on Luke if someone bids higher, or we don't have to if they don't.

That's what Brad was angling at. It was a message to the other recruiters, bid but be willing to take him if you do.

Second round and we get out of this draft like bandits in the night.

That's what Brad was angling at. It was a message to the other recruiters, bid but be willing to take him if you do.

Second round and we get out of this draft like bandits in the night.

I'll say. But I think you have to be a better poker player than that to be a recruiter these days.

FWIW BTW the drums seem to be beating louder on BF at least about Betts going to Adelaide.

Thanks toes.

On the Two Dogs issue, in hindsight would we have been better off losing to Collingwood and getting an earlier pick. I know it's only pick 7 compared to pick 8 (assuming the crows are banned from the 1st round due to tippett), but it makes Brad Scott's bluff a tad more believable.

Eff me, if we somehow get McDonald with our second rounder, that will be massive. Although having said that, draft position doesnt necessarily dictate the success of a player.

On the Two Dogs issue, in hindsight would we have been better off losing to Collingwood and getting an earlier pick. I know it's only pick 7 compared to pick 8 (assuming the crows are banned from the 1st round due to tippett), but it makes Brad Scott's bluff a tad more believable.

Eff me, if we somehow get McDonald with our second rounder, that will be massive. Although having said that, draft position doesnt necessarily dictate the success of a player.

Pick 7 compared with Pick 8 is Brisbane losing by 1 point courtesy of an umpiring decision with 20 seconds on the clock.

Brad Scott on AFL Insider just said that the club will be looking to make the bare minimum of deletions to the team list, said it would be between 4-6 delistings, including rookies I THINK.
Makes sense.

Two off the rookie list (Richo and Speight), two onto the rookie list (Mabon and Gysberts), one trade perhaps (L. Delaney) and one delisting (Kennedy), opening 3-4 spots on the main list.

I think you can include Anthony on this list. Certainty to be delisted I reckon.
He is contracted Passmore, and I don't think we will be paying him out. Unless someone comes in for him I see him staying on the list, albeit possibly as a rookie.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. End of season trades and delistings

Remove this Banner Ad

Back