List Mgmt. End of season trades and delistings

Remove this Banner Ad

Really interested to see who gets delisted from the senior list. I think out of kennedy, mabon, sierakoswki, firrito and maybe gysberts only one will survive the cut.

I doubt very much Firrito will be one or you would have assumed it would have got out by now, especially when tomorrow could be his farewell game.

I doubt very much Firrito will be one or you would have assumed it would have got out by now, especially when tomorrow could be his farewell game.
yea he is the one i'm thinking will play on next year out of that lot and we will delist kennedy,sierakowski, mabon and also gysberts potentially (hope we keey gys also).

I sense that Anthony is done. Using that weekly Emergency list indicator of who is part of the 'in crowd', LA aint. Has a year on his contract, but expect him to be traded or rookied. Would have thought Sirra was a certainty to be delisted but suddenly been getting games. Still expect him to be looking for a new club. And Kennedy, sadly, will be gone. That's our 3 for delisting, which could be reduced if any trades happen (ie. Spud free agent to GWS, Keys trade to Saints, Levi on the western highway). Mabon will stay, popular with the coaches and players. Gysberts to stay after a deMelbourning year. The only other one who could be delisted is Wilkins, but still just a kid, and most pundits seem to suggest he has some footy smarts and class about him.

For me, if Kennedy goes, Spud stays. If Spud goes, Kennedy stays. While Cam Delaney is being groomed for that role - mobile tall-medium back - would be a risk to lose 2 similar players. As it stands Kennedy is one injury (Spud, Hansen, etc) off playing that role this week.

And Harper will be going.............to Utah. No way will he be traded.

Some of these Harper calls are hilarious. Player X didn't play this year so he has all of a sudden become trade bait, out of favour, no good. Did anyone actually watch him play last year? You want to get rid of someone with that outside potency? Seriously, what would we trade to get in something like that?

His endurance is just not good to take in along with all the other mids who can't run out games. He just can't play until his tank is built up.

He has worked hard over the pre-season to build on his fitness (he was only playing 59% ToG last year), he has struggled with the load, he will have another solid endurance building pre-season and they will build his strength and endurance up.

Harper is going to be icing on the cake, he kicked 25 goals last year only playing 59% ToG, get him up to 85% ToG at the same potency and that is 36 goals, if we can make it as a top 4 side without him then when he comes into the side he is going to give us that firepower to blow teams off the park.

Good post. Harper is a great example of the challenges facing list managers. At the end of last year I'm sure looking forward to this season they would have expected Harps to be a regular contributor to the team this year, thus making it an easier decision to cut players such as Cambell and Ross. On the flip side you get a player like Fishy who exceeds all expectations. Crystal ball required. It's not always as easy as it looks in bigfooty land. Clearly the coaches would be disappointed in his form but I trust those working with him daily to know if it can be turned around.

I do not think the delistings will be all that difficult. There are 8 players on list who could be traded or delisted.
Their numbers are: 4,11,15,19,24,28,33,and 36

I reckon Spud will play on for one more year.

I reckon we will look to trade Luke Delaney despite stating that he is a required player.

I think that Mabon will be moved to the rookie list.

I think Kennedy will be delisted.

I reckon Gysberts is touch and go. If he stays that gives us three spots on the senior list, if not then four.

So, trade Delaney for an upgrade into the second round. Our third plus Keys for Dogs/Lions/Saints/ second or GWS third. Probably wishful thinking but it depends on who is really keen for a ready to go KPD. Entertain approaches for Sam Wright and Levi Greenwood but only pull the trigger if a strong deal for us. No need to chop them.

Liam Anthony available to a good home for cap space.

Draft Luke McDonald, Dayle Garlett and one more (Hartung?) with our three live picks.

If we pick someone up via free agency then Gysberts gets the chop I reckon. Maybe rookie.

If we go with those three picks plus Dale Thomas and keep Levi and Wright then we have managed to address our lack of outside flair while losing nothing of note.

Del Santo is a free agent. We don't need to trade for him.

Dal Santo has some sort of contract trap that requires negotiation with StKilda. I don't know what it is, but he isn't a straight free agency arrangement and nor is he a restricted free agent. There's something else going on there.

Dal Santo has some sort of contract trap that requires negotiation with StKilda. I don't know what it is, but he isn't a straight free agency arrangement and nor is he a restricted free agent. There's something else going on there.
I think it's a clause that can be activated by the club that kicks off a further year based on his physical condition. When the home club are putting clauses into a contract based upon a wearing body then I think there might be one or two alarm bells.

I do not think the delistings will be all that difficult. There are 8 players on list who could be traded or delisted.
Their numbers are: 4,11,15,19,24,28,33,and 36

First year player. Not going anywhere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My two cents:

Liam Anthony (trade/delist) - comes down to a decision between Sirra and LA, for mine. Anthony has had his chance and doesn't cut it. Soft, poor disposal. If he's contracted/no trade can be done, would be happy to rookie him.

Luke Delaney (trade/delist) - big, strong...and that's about it. Poor disposal and a terrible decision maker. I expect Spud to play on, giving us Thompson, Grima, C.Delaney, Hansen and Firrito as key back options.

Levi Greenwood (trade/delist) - behind a lot of others for a gig in the midfield. Plays a similar game to Swallow, Ziebell, Cunnington. Solid player when given his chance, but someone has to go. Victim of our surplus of inside mids.

Ayden Kennedy (delist) - saw this guy play a good half of footy up forward in a NAB challenge game in Albury a few pre-seasons back (game he did his knee). Seems to have gone to the backline in the twos since then but can't even crack it as an emergency. Seems out of favour with Scotty. Gonski.

Cam Richardson (delist of rookie list)
Ben Speight (delist of rookie list)

Put Sam Wright and Scott McMahon on the table and see of we get any bites. If not, keep on the list.

Others who many have on the scrap heap: Sierakowski has shown enough to warrant another crack and Mabon seems to be developing nicely in the twos.

B Tron is nearest to the pin.

Mabon, Kennedy would be the automatic outs. Not necessarily for being poor but because someone has to get cut as per the stupid AFL rules.

Gysberts is the wildcard in terms of being cut. I wonder if his laconic nature (TM Lachie) may count against him.

LA, Levi almost certainly will request trades.

So that's 4-5 delistings rights there.

Reportedly we want to keep Car Keys so that'll come down to his preference.

At the minimum I think Mabon, Kennedy, LA will be the list changes.

Levi almost certainly will request trades.

We must do everything possible to retain Levi.

I fear Spitta being out and having to rely on more kids.

In my eyes when Spitta went down Levi became a required player.

Actually I think he was pretty required before that although I also see him wanting to part ways now.

Actually I think he was pretty required before that although I also see him wanting to part ways now.

I'd have him in the first backup if Ziebell, Cunners or Swallow goes down. I'd be keeping him to play potentially for the first 2-8 weeks while Swallow is out.

However i don't think Brad sees it that way. Jacobs is in front of him, even though most of us believe Levi is more valuable at this stage.

I'd have him in the first backup if Ziebell, Cunners or Swallow goes down. I'd be keeping him to play potentially for the first 2-8 weeks while Swallow is out.

However i don't think Brad sees it that way. Jacobs is in front of him, even though most of us believe Levi is more valuable at this stage.

Is a kid.

Jack, Spitta, Levi, and Cunners play like men.

There is a gap in hardness between Levi and Jacobs.

Yep must keep Greenwood

I complete agree. I rate Levi through the roof.

My post was predicting actual outcomes rather than my preferred ones.

I'd definitely prefer to keep Levi for another year too, but I wonder if he sees it that way.

I doubt we would actively look to trade him out considering the issue with Spitz, unless we were offered summit good and he wanted to walk for more guaranteed opportunities.

I'd definitely prefer to keep Levi for another year too, but I wonder if he sees it that way.

I don't think that he does. I reckon he would be looking to some other sides thinking that he could get a gig in the ones consistently.

Its a shame.

I doubt we would actively look to trade him out considering the issue with Spitz, unless we were offered summit good and he wanted to walk for more guaranteed opportunities.
We might get away without Levi next year if Garner continues his attack on the pill... we also have Jacobs as well who can play inside. if the right deal comes- along pull the trigger.

We might get away without Levi next year if Garner continues his attack on the pill... we also have Jacobs as well who can play inside. if the right deal comes- along pull the trigger.

what would be the right deal? I doubt anyone would offer more than a 3rd round pick and I think we would have to pay a fair amount of his contract.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. End of season trades and delistings

Remove this Banner Ad

Back