List Mgmt. End of season trades and delistings

Remove this Banner Ad

It is bloody hard to pick the three this year (this is a great sign that the club is moving forward).

I have:

Micky Firrito
Will Sierokowski
Jordan Gysberts
Ayden Kennedy
Ben Mabon

all others a case to retain can be easily made, it shows how developed our list is.

I would keep none of the rookies
I would definetly keep mcgenniss who has been very good in his first year, and max warren i would give one more year also but i agree with getting rid of the other 2 rookies richardson and speight

on a sidenote i'be shocked if gysberts left, he deserves another year

Keys/Levi seem to be the main fringe talked about for possible trade. No surprise they are getting games to pump up their value a little now. Again would prefer to see them both stay but would not begrudge them the chance to further their chances elsewhere.
The "getting games to pump up their value" thing is nonsense. If anything, they are unlucky to miss out.

Alot of people on this board drink the kool-aid.
Ayden Kennedy is gone. I watched him closely against buddy at craigieburn this year and he just ain't anything special. Deal with it. He's gone.
Mabon is in the same basket, he is an undersized ruck that has been sent to halfback and will never be and afl quality defender. Gone.
Richardson. What a dissapointment, gone.
Speight, I was a huge fan, but the reality is he never got back to where he was after the injury. Gone.
Siera never lived up to expectations or made the most of his opportunities, he's a plane Jane, dime a dozen playe. Gone.
The last delisting will be a huge call. Can't pick it, whoever it is will be severely unlucky but necessary for a our list development.

I think there will be a few movements that will surprise some come the end of the year. The trade period is going to be more of a nightmare then previously for us.

Mabon to the rookie list is a smart move, Kennedy to the rookie list as well if need be.

Anthony and Firrito delisted.

I have a feeling there could be some trade action for one of Delaney or Tarrant.

Pykie, do you really think we'd entertain trading Tarrant? He wasn't a player I'd thought we would, but your post has got me thinking, you'd have to have a look at it if the deal was right, there are some clubs that would love him up forward....... Saints, Bulldogs, Carlton and maybe the Pies. I'd reluctantly let him go............ we must keep Black!!!

I'm hearing a couple of clubs are circling our #19............. one in particular being Carlton, time will tell.

I don't want Betts! I'd rather Gibbs in a heart beat.

Hate this time of the year, trading players can be brutal.

Alot of people on this board drink the kool-aid.
Ayden Kennedy is gone. I watched him closely against buddy at craigieburn this year and he just ain't anything special. Deal with it. He's gone.
Mabon is in the same basket, he is an undersized ruck that has been sent to halfback and will never be and afl quality defender. Gone.
Richardson. What a dissapointment, gone.
Speight, I was a huge fan, but the reality is he never got back to where he was after the injury. Gone.
Siera never lived up to expectations or made the most of his opportunities, he's a plane Jane, dime a dozen playe. Gone.
The last delisting will be a huge call. Can't pick it, whoever it is will be severely unlucky but necessary for a our list development.

images

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Retire Petrie and Spud

Petrie will play 2 more seasons, along with Boomer (this is our Premiership window with current list however we need a Dangerfield-type desperately). Spud is heading to GWS, Bulldogs or Dees next year.

I would definetly keep mcgenniss who has been very good in his first year, and max warren i would give one more year also but i agree with getting rid of the other 2 rookies richardson and speight

I am just thinking it would be better to have mature aged recruits on the rookie list, instead of kids. best available Ruck, Defender/Forward and two Mids about 23 to 26, if we need them to replace a long term injury, they can.

on a sidenote i'be shocked if gysberts left, he deserves another year

just shows what good shape we are in, as far as list management is concerned. we do lack 24 to 26 year olds but that will get better from next year.

Delist

Anthony
Firrito
Richardson
Sierakowski

Trade Bait

L Delaney
Wright
Tarrant
McMahon
Greenwood
*Goldstein

Rationale

Anthony, Greenwood, Serakowski and Richardson

McDonald will play some senior footy next year and I would expect fringe players like Jacobs, McKenzie, Harper, Hine and Garner with Gysberts in reserve to adequately cover the loss of these 4 who have played a combined total of 15 games between them this season. Perhaps Greenwood will have some trade value. I doubt either Anthony, Richardson and Serakowski will.

Firrito

Great servant of the club who is sadly at the end of his career.

L Delaney

In a similar situation to Pedersen last year. He's too good to be playing VFL but not good enough to get a regular game at NMFC. Will have trade value as a few clubs need a key backman which will drive up his value and puts us in the box seat to get the best deal. We have a surplus of tall backmen with Thompson Hansen and Grima continually picked ahead of him and his brother with more upside in reserve. Time to roll the dice. If we did trade him we would need to keep one of Kennedy / Wright / McMahon.

McMahon

To put it simply we didn't miss him when he wasn't in the team. I'm not opposed to keeping him as backup rather than delist him if we can't trade him.

Wright

Appears to have gone backwards at a rate of knots this year. I hope it's more a case of a good player out of luck? Although, I'm not opposed to entertaining a trade if the price is right but would be happy to keep him if not.

Tarrant

We have a surplus of good tall forwards with Petrie / Black / Daw / Tarrant. I am mindful that we can only play a maximum of 3 of these guys in the team at anyone time and it would be such a waste to have any of these 4 playing VFL next year. Plenty of clubs are looking for a tall forward which will push up his value. I believe we would be a better team if Daw could hold down his spot in the team as a ruckman / forward with Black and Petrie in the key positions. It's a delicate balance especially if Daw doesn't make the grade but I think we should consider taking a punt in trading a tall forward.

*Goldstein

I read a thread on here a few weeks ago and was horrified with the thought of trading him but have been thinking about it since and would entertain the thought if we could get an exceptional deal. Over the last couple of years he has had little or no impact around the ground although I doubt we would be as effective at the clearances without him. It would probably come back to bite us and be a case of not knowing what you've got until it's gone. The club obviously has a lot of faith in Currie signing him for another 2 years. Perhaps if Daw comes on a trade like this could be considered in the future keeping in mind we traded Moran, Hale and McIntosh when we had a surplus of ruckmen.

CUT:
LA
Spud
Siera
McMahon
Richardson
Mabon

Rookie:
Kennedy

Trade bait:
Grima or Delaney
Tarrant
Goldstein (GWS are desperate for a ruckman especially after Brogan retires, will most likely pay overs if we dangle Goldy at them)
Wright

Retire: firritto (or one year contract for depth).
Delist: speight, Richardson, sierawaski, Kennedy, Anthony, Warren
Trade: greenwood (like him but only saying this because I believe brad has issues with him). On the fence with Harper?

Mabon calls are crazy, I think if we de-list to attempt to put on a rookie list some other club will take him, there is no ifs or maybes, he will be long gone, wont make it remotely close to the rookie draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. End of season trades and delistings

Remove this Banner Ad

Back