List Mgmt. End of season trades and delistings

Remove this Banner Ad

Mabon calls are crazy, I think if we de-list to attempt to put on a rookie list some other club will take him, there is no ifs or maybes, he will be long gone, wont make it remotely close to the rookie draft.
Not just that, but we'd be crazy to only have 2 ruckmen on our list in Goldy and Currie. You need 3, and with the time we've put into Mabon we're better off keeping him

Just last week in presser Scott said "Michael Firrito is an important part of this football club".

Sadly though, I don't think he'll be there next year.
Richardson will also be gone, that experiment was a waste of time.
Siera too.
Jizzlobber will be retained.
Kennedy I reckon is worth persisting with for 1 more year. He hasn't really had a clean run with his injuries.

LA and McMahon I think are surplus to our needs and have not been missed, depth players at best, wouldn't be surprised if we traded or cut them.

Yea 2nd rounder would be his value but I can't see us letting him go since he is contracted and IMO best 22 unless someone offers more than his value
Best 22? The bloke has played 1 good game this year, let's not get ahead of ourselves.
He would not have played yesterday had Jack and Swallow been out there.

Just last week in presser Scott said "Michael Firrito is an important part of this football club".

Sadly though, I don't think he'll be there next year.
Richardson will also be gone, that experiment was a waste of time.
Siera too.
Jizzlobber will be retained.
Kennedy I reckon is worth persisting with for 1 more year. He hasn't really had a clean run with his injuries.

LA and McMahon I think are surplus to our needs and have not been missed, depth players at best, wouldn't be surprised if we traded or cut them.

He said that often about Edwards and McIntosh last year. As a player, would probably be better if the coach wasn't talking you up unless you were in the best 22.

Mabon to the rookie list is a smart move, Kennedy to the rookie list as well if need be.

Anthony and Firrito delisted.

I have a feeling there could be some trade action for one of Delaney or Tarrant.

Just curious as to how you see us getting Mabon to the rookie list. Would have thought on form and growth he wouldnt make it to the rookie draft. Last year maybe this year doubtful, someone would main list him before we could rookie.

Kennedy, LA or Sierra i think are more likely to find rookie spots

We dont just trade players out for picks if they are not interested in leaving, its kinda what keeps players from leaving us on their own accord if they are best 22... with the exception of one prick...
Goldy will only go if he we are both interested in the situation...
we will only trade fringe players that ask for more opportunity....

What player would you offer? i might be ok with a straight swap for Hanners and maybe a pick upgrade for you guys....

ok no really what player would you offer? lol
Sounds pretty fair :rolleyes: Greenwoods played 5 games this year and suddenly he's best 22????

Bahhh... forget it i wont even bother
We wouldn't take him unless we could guarantee him a game, if he gets approached and wants out can you really blame him? If I was 24 and played 23 games in the last 3 years I'd be looking elsewhere, I also thought a second rounder was a very fair trade.

We wouldn't take him unless we could guarantee him a game, if he gets approached and wants out can you really blame him? If I was 24 and played 23 games in the last 3 years I'd be looking elsewhere, I also thought a second rounder was a very fair trade.

Greenwood wouldn't get a game in your midfield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Either i am being unclear, my sarcasm went unrecognized , or you're not on the ball..... maybe its a bit of all 3....
i thought it was pretty clear i was stuffing around in regards to him and Hanners....

so lets try again, is tehre a player on your list that you are willing to trade for him..... and for what its worth a second rounder is pretty much right on the money....

Either i am being unclear, my sarcasm went unrecognized , or you're not on the ball..... maybe its a bit of all 3....
i thought it was pretty clear i was stuffing around in regards to him and Hanners....

so lets try again, is tehre a player on your list that you are willing to trade for him..... and for what its worth a second rounder is pretty much right on the money....
It is hard sometimes to judge because some supporters write shit like that and are serious especially collingwood supporters. North have a pretty good squad all round so it's hard to see what you need, the only players I can see up for trade are White and Armstrong and you dont want/need them. There is one person that I wouldn't care if we lost that swans fans would hate me for its Ben Mcglynn.

Fair enough. I thought Sydney's midfield would be too strong for him to break into.
Okeefes not getting any younger Greenwood could be a good replacement the guy is fearless, if we were going to get Greenwood it might be best to wait until next year when ROK is most likely to retire

images

=
images

Delist:
Ben Speight - Unfortunately Ben hasn't done much in the past 2 years, his gone so far back his even playing in Werribee's 2s without dominating.

Cameron Richardson - Since being drafted by us he has done sweet f-all, been unlucky with injuries but we can all agree he won't be here.

Ayden Kennedy - Loved by many here and has a lot of attributes, but his not very good defensively and for that his going to pay the biggest price.

Retired: Firrito - Geez I'm going miss spud, his been a very good player for so long but unfortunately this is a cruel game. please give him a goodbye game, he deserves it.

Traded: L.Delaney - His been the hot topic on here for the last few weeks, should he stay or should he go? I think his made up his mind and his going to be at another club. I'm a fence sitter on this one, i wouldn't be devastated if he stays or goes.

L.Anthony - Free to a good home, a pick in the 70s will do it.

Stays:
Ben Mabon - would not even consider ditching this bloke, has a lot of upside.
Nathan Grima - keep keep keep.
Scott McMahon - good player but a bit chunky, awesome depth player at the least.
Levi Greenwood - very hopeful he'll stay.
Jordan Gysberts - won't be going anywhere, he'll get another year.

Traded: L.Delaney - His been the hot topic on here for the last few weeks, should he stay or should he go? I think his made up his mind and his going to be at another club. I'm a fence sitter on this one, i wouldn't be devastated if he stays or goes.
How you get by not having a strong opinion either way, so that others can trash you, shows a lot of gall. :stern look:

Delist:
Ben Speight - Unfortunately Ben hasn't done much in the past 2 years, his gone so far back his even playing in Werribee's 2s without dominating.

Cameron Richardson - Since being drafted by us he has done sweet f-all, been unlucky with injuries but we can all agree he won't be here.

Ayden Kennedy - Loved by many here and has a lot of attributes, but his not very good defensively and for that his going to pay the biggest price.

Retired: Firrito - Geez I'm going miss spud, his been a very good player for so long but unfortunately this is a cruel game. please give him a goodbye game, he deserves it.

L.Anthony - Free to a good home, a pick in the 70s will do it.

Stays:
Ben Mabon - would not even consider ditching this bloke, has a lot of upside.
Nathan Grima - keep keep keep.
Scott McMahon - good player but a bit chunky, awesome depth player at the least.
Levi Greenwood - very hopeful he'll stay.
Jordan Gysberts - won't be going anywhere, he'll get another year.

Got space beside you on the fence? Agree with pretty much all of that. Would also add Sirra to the delist list. And Kennedy to a rookie spot...we've had too many Brad Sholl, Cam Mooney, etc moments...got that uneasy feeling that AK at another club will be another chapter in the hindsight 'oh shit' category of delistings.

After watching this weekend's game again, I don't think the game did Greenwood any favours, yes he got the ball a heap, 38 times and DTers would love him, but:
  • how many were one twos where he sold his team mate into trouble and got a second and sometimes third disposal?
  • how many were absolute shockers?
  • and how many were top shelf effective?
I say maybe 5 for the last criteria, as sad as it is because I think Levi bleeds Blue and white but I can understand if Brad said this is not the sort of player he wants around. Would you really want to be in a Grand Final and have one of your gun accumulators continuously giving the ball to the opposition. How do you plan against that?

and to top it off that interchange crap was for under 10s.

I think he may be gone.

I reckon Keys will be looking for guarantees of playing time before committing to another contract at North. He was given assurances last year that he would be given more opportunity yet that has not really eventuated. Perhaps we will trail a defence with him, Hunter and Grima over the next two weeks with a view to 2014. Then there is his brother to consider. FWIW I reckon Luke will seek a trade.

Kennedy will not be re-rookied if not offered a new contract because he will be at another AFL club.

Anthony, despite tearing it up at VFL level has not been given much of a run. If contracted I am sure he and we will seek a trade but I am not hopeful that one will occur.

Sierakowski is another that while good at VFL level just doesn't scream AFL quality to me. I'd move him on but again not sure of his contract status.

Firitto seems gone. We need to play runners in the back half (Atley and Mullet this year) and Lachie as a loose man. That leave spots for two KPD's, which Spud just isn't.

McMahon could be a target for another club although I would like to keep him. When fully fit he is a very, very good player and has a future with us.

Gysberts seems likely to get another year, which is good considering it is likely that the captain won't be available for the first half of 2014. Another contested ball option is required.

Greenwood is certainly not part of the first team mid rotations when all are fit. He knows that and I reckon he will be looking for more opportunity elsewhere in 2014.

IMO Mabon will never be a competent AFL ruck despite some solid VFL outings. His main strength is his competitiveness but he is just too slight and too short to be a long term option at AFL level. IF he could play KPP then I'd certainly keep him as he moves really well but he has never shown that he can play that role. I'd consider maintaining him as a rookie at best.

Trading Tarrant, not so sure. We have shown a tendency to play three tall forwards. Trading Taz out means that Daw (PCL reco) and Currie are the other tall forward options now that Lachie is settled in the back half. With Taz gone a change of forward set up would likely be required and I just don't see that happening.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. End of season trades and delistings

Remove this Banner Ad

Back