List Mgmt. End of season trades and delistings

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade:

Goldstein, Grima, McMahon > GWS @ Pick 1,19
Tarrant > Dogs @ Pick 5

Free Agency:

S.Mumford $2m for 5 years
D.Thomas $2.5m for 6 years (Saunders needs time)

Draft:

1 = Boyd
5 = Sheed
8 = McDonald
19 = W. Rioli
26 = D. Garlett

Thompson - L.Delaney - Atley
McDonald - Hansen - Mullet
D.Thomas - Cunnington - Wells
Ziebell - Petrie - Harvey
Thomas - Black - Boyd
Mumford - Garner - Harper
Swallow - McKenzie - Bastinac - Sheed

Em: Wright - Currie - Adams
Greenwood - Wood - C.Delaney
Kennedy - MacMillan - Curran
Daw - D. Garlett - W.Rioli
Gibson - Firitto. - Anthony

Pace, talent and class to burn.

I WISH!

Trade:

Tarrant > Dogs @ Pick 5

Free Agency:

Draft:

1 = Boyd
5 = Sheed
8 = McDonald
19 = W. Rioli
26 = D. Garlett

Thomas - Black - Boyd

Trade:

Tarrant > Dogs @ Pick 5

Free Agency:

Draft:

1 = Boyd
5 = Sheed
8 = McDonald
19 = W. Rioli
26 = D. Garlett

Thomas - Black - Boyd

1. GWS aren't going to want three blokes, they have to cut their list down considerably over the next two years.

2. Dogs would never trade pick 5 for taz. we would be lucky to get anything in the top 15.

3. Mumford isn't a free agent. Would have to trade for him, don't see the value as his body is starting to let him down.

4. Wouldn't take Sheed when blokes like Billings, Bontempelli, Freeman and Kelly are still available. All the ones i mentioned are considerably classier and have a higher ceiling than Sheed.

5. In all likelihood Willy Rioli will still be available in the rookie draft...have you actually seen him play?

I agree. The only reason I mention it because a fellow Sydney poster had expressed interest. Re. Lamb I am very aware that any trade involving him and either Delaney and Greenwood would require some more from our end.

why? what makes Lamb so great 181cm fat HFF who has played 11 games, he was taken 6 picks earlier then Harper and did not play his first game til this season, Harper has a season and half more experience. Lamb still has to get through the second year blues next year.

I'll keep Delaney.

I think there will be a few movements that will surprise some come the end of the year. The trade period is going to be more of a nightmare then previously for us.
Is it because we are looking to deal or because our players are being targetted?

It is hard sometimes to judge because some supporters write shit like that and are serious especially collingwood supporters. North have a pretty good squad all round so it's hard to see what you need, the only players I can see up for trade are White and Armstrong and you dont want/need them. There is one person that I wouldn't care if we lost that swans fans would hate me for its Ben Mcglynn.
Ya never know!!;)..............waiting for DR to have a flying fit now.

Retire
Firrito

Delistings;
Richardson
Speight
Seirakowski
Kennedy

Trade Options;
McMahon
Tarrant
Greenwood
Delaney

Been a huge Spud fan, stuck up for him all year but I can't see him getting back in. Will most likely hang up the boots but if he wants to go around one more time then i'd support that as who knows how injuries will go next year.

I am confident the 4 will be delisted, I can't see any of those offering anything in future if they haven't been able to already.

The trade options are not who I suggest 'should' be traded, more going by what other clubs might want and players who might be used. I think Delaney will request a trade if he doesn't play the final two weeks, whilst Greenwood may fall into the same category.

I would consider McMahon still best 22 when fit, but he is just way off it at the moment. Maybe a big preseason gives him another chance next year. Tarrant is one I suspect other clubs would put good value on, and depending on what we could receive might be used - doubt we would pull the trigger on it though after waiting all this time for him to come good.

After watching this weekend's game again, I don't think the game did Greenwood any favours, yes he got the ball a heap, 38 times and DTers would love him, but:
  • how many were one twos where he sold his team mate into trouble and got a second and sometimes third disposal?
  • how many were absolute shockers?
  • and how many were top shelf effective?
I say maybe 5 for the last criteria, as sad as it is because I think Levi bleeds Blue and white but I can understand if Brad said this is not the sort of player he wants around. Would you really want to be in a Grand Final and have one of your gun accumulators continuously giving the ball to the opposition. How do you plan against that?

and to top it off that interchange crap was for under 10s.

I think he may be gone.

finally someone here is using logic and waking to greenwood's disposal issues.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah let's pay a guy 400k who was overtaken by a ******* Canadian rugby player.

You are seriously on drugs.

I am but, Mumford's last month has been great.

If Mumford isn't a free agent, I would use pick 19 on him from my previous scenario, in the hope that we can snare Garlett with pick 26 & Willi Rioli at 44.

If we had balls, we'd at least enquire.

I am but, Mumford's last month has been great.

If Mumford isn't a free agent, I would use pick 19 on him from my previous scenario, in the hope that we can snare Garlett with pick 26 & Willi Rioli at 44.

If we had balls, we'd at least enquire.

Have u actually seen Willy Rioli play? Or do u just like the stigma that goes with the Rioli name?

I don't think anywhere that has been said, that is more the twist you are putting on it. I don't care about elite and Greenwood just occasional brilliance will do.;)

Your intial post was fine, it was the reply that I was referring to. It has nothing to do with "logic" to point out the Levi has average disposal, it is basically universally agreed.

But that in itself does not mean there isn't a place in the team for him. Basti still shanks it all over the place some games, Cunners misses targets routinely, Gibson is almost a liability with ball in hand, JMac can hit targets but still some WTF moments, and so on.

I don't know why Levi is considered that much worse that these guys is all I meant.

Your intial post was fine, it was the reply that I was referring to. It has nothing to do with "logic" to point out the Levi has average disposal, it is basically universally agreed.

But that in itself does not mean there isn't a place in the team for him. Basti still shanks it all over the place some games, Cunners misses targets routinely, Gibson is almost a liability with ball in hand, JMac can hit targets but still some WTF moments, and so on.

I don't know why Levi is considered that much worse that these guys is all I meant.

All the players mentioned above have had games where they have been below 50% DE despite not getting half as much contested footy as what Levi did.

When he is in space his kicking is underrated if you ask me.

Levi offers considerably more defensively (tackling, pressure, 1%er's) than just about anyone else on our side.

I'd love to see a stat that compares tackling and clearances with him in the side compared to him out of the side.

All the players mentioned above have had games where they have been below 50% DE despite not getting half as much contested footy as what Levi did.

When he is in space his kicking is underrated if you ask me.

Levi offers considerably more defensively (tackling, pressure, 1%er's) than just about anyone else on our side.

I'd love to see a stat that compares tackling and clearances with him in the side compared to him out of the side.

Agreed. He can be scrappy when in close but as you say I think if he keeps up the defensive pressure and 1%ers as you say that more than counteracts that.

Someone like Hodge is a good example, scrappy player but one of the most important to the best team in the comp. I am not suggesting Greenwood is even close to Hodge, but bullocking work and attack on the contest shouldn't be underestimated.

I've noticed a few people earlier in the thread put Goldy's name up for trade. If that does eventuate, what would you guys expect to get for him and who can we (realistically) get to fill his role?

I've noticed a few people earlier in the thread put Goldy's name up for trade. If that does eventuate, what would you guys expect to get for him and who can we (realistically) get to fill his role?

That McIntosh fellow from Geelong hasn't been able to crack it for a game this year. Perhaps he would consider a move to us for more opportunities?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. End of season trades and delistings

Remove this Banner Ad

Back