England tour of India (4 Tests, 2 T20I, 5 ODI)

Remove this Banner Ad

Cook really has come on since he was the lanky opener that nicked everything in the 06 ashes. I'd say he is the premium opener in the world atm.

I'd go further I reckon he's the best bat.
I'd say Amla is better, only my opinion though. Wouldn't be complaining with either of them in the Aussie top order.

I'd like to see Ashwin open the batting with Sehwag.

Pujara has really impressed me in this match. 247 runs without getting out is a superb effort even by an Indian on an Indian pitch. Him and Kohli will have great careers at no.3 and no.4.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I started out thinking I'd have rathered see England lose but the never ending wank-fest that was the Indian biased commentary put an end to that

Gavaskar is definitely their version of Healy.

Dhoni's post match comments confirm he's on another planet. I also enjoyed Ojha's little tantrum when Broad tapped his bat on the middle of the pitch after getting out. They're a likeable team these Indians.

Don't want England to slide too far down the rankings as then it will be even more embarrassing when they inevitably beat us in the Ashes next year.

Don't want England to slide too far down the rankings as then it will be even more embarrassing when they inevitably beat us in the Ashes next year.

Don't think so - they've all had their moment in the sun and they're now sliding down rapidly. Strauss has gone for starters, and look at someone like Ian Bell or Samit Patel or Stuart Broad. Them, win the Ashes? Hahahaha.

Remove this Banner Ad

England tour of India (4 Tests, 2 T20I, 5 ODI)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back