Premier Lg EPL Matchday 19 - On Optus Sport

Premier League Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Unlucky not to get at least one penalty, and straight up ridiculous was the amount of time added on.

Winners find a way on the aggregate, even when luck doesn't always side with them on each outing. Complaining about decisions/non-decisions is a futile exercise which shouldn't have a place in the environment Arteta has worked so tirelessly to cultivate. Playing the victim card due to referee ineptitude is such a Wengeristic trait.

We had 17:8 shots on goal, and 67% of possession. Football is won/lost in the 18 yard boxes - it's on us that we dropped two points.

Great point for Newcastle and a valuable point for Arsenal.

Arsenal had enough half chances to get at least one goal.

The penalty shouts were quite obvious. With the spirit of the game in mind, the handball call was correct but therefore, the large number of similar handballs that have been given are incorrect.

VAR has taken much of the spirit away from the game and only succeeded in bringing the game into disrepute. The shirt pull and dragging to the ground of Magalhães anywhere else on the pitch would have been called a foul - isn't that what VAR is all about?

0-0 was fair considering how excellently Newcastle defended as a unit and Arsenal not being able to take one of the half chances that they created.

Arsenal are a bloody good side and Newcastle are very gritty and determined.

Getting a draw away to City was a handy, but it wasn’t exactly a repeatable result and is still just a point. Home losses to Wolves and Brighton either side though and 1 point out of those possible 9 isn’t good enough. The performance and effort this morning was the type that usually results in a new manager and I don’t think I can see Frank turning it around.

Getting a draw away to City was a handy, but it wasn’t exactly a repeatable result and is still just a point. Home losses to Wolves and Brighton either side though and 1 point out of those possible 9 isn’t good enough. The performance and effort this morning was the type that usually results in a new manager and I don’t think I can see Frank turning it around.
I reckon that hiring Ancelotti was an error in judgment. He is one of those mercenary types who doesn't stick around too long at clubs - a sugar hit and then sugar crash.

Can't see Lampard surviving this.
Next two league games telling for Lampard and Everton.
17th West Ham and 20th Southampton. Both must win.

Was some interesting talk on the radio before on Everton. I agreed with a lot of it.

No clear identity, changing from formation to formation, gameplay to gameplay. Not sure of true or not but someone said that Iwobi cost more than Brightons starting XI last night.

Most won't agree, but while they're in survival mode I can't see anything changing. For me, relegation might not be the worst thing. Go down, clear out the wasters, find that identity and build from there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was some interesting talk on the radio before on Everton. I agreed with a lot of it.

No clear identity, changing from formation to formation, gameplay to gameplay. Not sure of true or not but someone said that Iwobi cost more than Brightons starting XI last night.

Most won't agree, but while they're in survival mode I can't see anything changing. For me, relegation might not be the worst thing. Go down, clear out the wasters, find that identity and build from there.
Isn't that an argument for not sacking lampard as the confused identity is driven by the constant churn of managers?

I think I said it last season to some panicked Everton supporters but sometimes relegation is actually the best thing that can happen. Clear out, win 75% of your games, come up with a hungry squad and a clear style and reset.

Suppose he hasn't been there long enough and with a team as dominant as Liverpool's.
But he has been around the premier league for awhile. It’s not like this is his first season he was like this at Chelsea too.

Everyone wants boring robots managing sides these days.
Why didn’t anyone criticise Pep for kicking a water bottle (maybe) into someone in the crowd?
I don’t think so. ETH isn’t a robot and does show some emotion but does it more behind closed doors as it should be. You don’t see him lash out and make excuses if anything he calls out the players and the team performance in all of his press conferences and interviews.

I’ve seen plenty of criticism of pep for that, just not on here mind you but Twitter blew up about it.

Isn't that an argument for not sacking lampard as the confused identity is driven by the constant churn of managers?

I think I said it last season to some panicked Everton supporters but sometimes relegation is actually the best thing that can happen. Clear out, win 75% of your games, come up with a hungry squad and a clear style and reset.
If you think that he is the man to provide that direction and identity, and bring the whole club along with him then so be it.

I'm not sure he is up to that, and I think he's started to lose support from the Everton supporters.

How can you tell?

I first noticed it when Efan Ekoku described the Leeds pitch v City as 'not Premier League quality'. The main sign is that the ball slows up when passes are made along the ground. Then you see some close ups after free kicks etc and the grass looks uneven - like your back yard when you haven't mowed it for a couple of weeks. By the end of the game there's a lot of marks on the grass compared to a shorter mowed pitch.

It didn't look much better against West Ham. Perhaps there are legit reasons why the Leeds groundsmen prepare a poor surface?

Remove this Banner Ad

Premier Lg EPL Matchday 19 - On Optus Sport

Remove this Banner Ad

Back