Premier Lg EPL Matchday 19 - On Optus Sport

Premier League Football

Remove this Banner Ad

If you think that he is the man to provide that direction and identity, and bring the whole club along with him then so be it.

I'm not sure he is up to that, and I think he's started to lose support from the Everton supporters.

Quite possibly, but I suppose the risk is by starting again you're just taking another step back. The alternative of course is to give him until the end of the season, if he can't keep them up, sack him and bring in a Corberan/Cooper type who knows the Championship well and can develop a style. Burnley only appointed Kompany in the summer so it's not as if that's 'too late'. Hell, WBA brought Corberan in after a few months and he's shot them up the table.

I know I've come across as very pro-Lampard, but I guess I just find more issues in the Everton squad and board than the manager, where they've had a revolving door for years with nothing improving. It's a bit like Sunderland staying up by the skin of their teeth year after year by sacking and hiring new managers then finally blowing up entirely.

I first noticed it when Efan Ekoku described the Leeds pitch v City as 'not Premier League quality'. The main sign is that the ball slows up when passes are made along the ground. Then you see some close ups after free kicks etc and the grass looks uneven - like your back yard when you haven't mowed it for a couple of weeks. By the end of the game there's a lot of marks on the grass compared to a shorter mowed pitch.

It didn't look much better against West Ham. Perhaps there are legit reasons why the Leeds groundsmen prepare a poor surface?

They had huge issues with their pitch last season, this isn't a new thing I don't think.

And only 5 minutes of stoppage time.

Joke.

I don't know if that's substantially less than most games though, but is certainly an argument for a stopped clock in games.

I don't know if that's substantially less than most games though, but is certainly an argument for a stopped clock in games.
54 minutes is the average apparently.

Yeah agree, FIFA gonna FIFA though
We had Madley against Everton, I'd be surprised if the ball was in play that much.

He's got no control over timewasting tactics.
Don't think he's got much control over anything to be honest.

I think this is shaping up to be the season/year Everton finally falls.
They are lucky this year there are a lot of teams who are very poor and capable of a run of bad results.

Lester back on a losing streak, Nott Forest super inconsistent, and then you have Bournemouth and WHU having horrendous seasons.

All it might take is a new manager and a smart 2 or 3 signings and Everton could claw their way out. Probably to do it all again next season though.

There was a suggestion a while ago that the refs should blow the whistle and stop the clock for injuries, FKs etc, and then have 35 minute halves. So you get a guaranteed 70 minutes of match play, and players time wasting etc becomes completely irrelevant. Its one of the few changes I would love to see in world football, time wasting isn't penalised harsh enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah the FA already came out during the WC saying they won't be doing it.

Bunch of twats.

I'm sure your view would change if you were holding on for a 1-0 win against Man City. ;)

Just like Toon complained when Leeds did it against them.

I first noticed it when Efan Ekoku described the Leeds pitch v City as 'not Premier League quality'. The main sign is that the ball slows up when passes are made along the ground. Then you see some close ups after free kicks etc and the grass looks uneven - like your back yard when you haven't mowed it for a couple of weeks. By the end of the game there's a lot of marks on the grass compared to a shorter mowed pitch.

It didn't look much better against West Ham. Perhaps there are legit reasons why the Leeds groundsmen prepare a poor surface?
It’s been an issue for a couple of years. We had the whole pitch replaced last season I’m pretty sure.

Max is 30mm. 3cm is fairly short still. Maybe over watered

The plot thickens.

Arteta blamed the long grass for his side’s lacklustre performance in a 0-0 draw with Burnley.

A former Premier League groundsman said “In reality, 30mm is still very long though and most pitches will have grass between 20 and 22mm in length".

Remove this Banner Ad

Premier Lg EPL Matchday 19 - On Optus Sport

Remove this Banner Ad

Back