Traded Esava Ratugolea [Traded to Port Adelaide for #25, #76 and #94]

Remove this Banner Ad

Sam Frost is barely 6ft'4 with shoes on. Constantly getting rag-dolled due to his slender build.
30 years of age with literally no upside left in his game at all.

If Ratugolea is only touching the surface of what he is capable of as a defender, and that is already similar to Frost, surely he flies past him next year (barring injuries)?

I'm not implying Esava will become a world beater but he should become a superior footballer to Sam Frost.

No.

With only our 1st Rounder and a late pick. Guarantee Wells and Mackie will ask for Pick in the 20's this year. Port need to get creative or Sav is going to the Hawks.

We don't have the picks either.

Regardless of my own personal feelings about not wanting him at Hawthorn, I would have thought a pick around the mid 30's was more than adequate and probably at the higher end of what he's worth.

The rumoured salary offer is just adding to my confusion about this entire situation though.

Sav picks where hes going not geelong
Hawks are offering more, have more cap space, are higher in the draft order and can guarantee him a full time position in the backline. I doubt Sav is moving out of Vic unless he's getting a payday.

He's not a Free Agent he's out of contract so it has to be by trade. Everyone always says, "wHat aBoUt tHe PsD!"

That basically never happens, teams have too much credibility and values to uphold. Wells and Mackie will get a deal done, they always do.

We don't have the picks either.

Regardless of my own personal feelings about not wanting him at Hawthorn, I would have thought a pick around the mid 30's was more than adequate and probably at the higher end of what he's worth.

The rumoured salary offer is just adding to my confusion about this entire situation though.
The pick 29 that is dropping back to the 30's due to academy picks and F/S will work i'm sure.

The pick 29 that is dropping back to the 30's due to academy picks and F/S will work i'm sure.

We'll likely need it for our own father/son.
I'd also like to point out that we drafted Connor Macdonald, Seamus Mitchell and Henry Hustwaite with a pick around that range over the past 3 years. Would rather take it to the draft this year if we didn't have a likely bid on Will McCabe to match.

I'm concerned that if we are going hard here that a player might be involved.

Hawks are offering more, have more cap space, are higher in the draft order and can guarantee him a full time position in the backline. I doubt Sav is moving out of Vic unless he's getting a payday.

He's not a Free Agent he's out of contract so it has to be by trade. Everyone always says, "wHat aBoUt tHe PsD!"

That basically never happens, teams have too much credibility and values to uphold. Wells and Mackie will get a deal done, they always do.
How do you know they offering more?

He still picks where he wants to go

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And that's why we can forget about Port getting Esava. Hawks offering big money, BZT sounding likely, and we don’t have anything to trade – forget about players, we couldn't force anyone out for JHF.

BZT and Grundy will both cost 2nds; 1 would have to be next year's, which rules out a first. We also don’t need 2 defenders to replace Jonas either.

We'll likely need it for our own father/son.
I'd also like to point out that we drafted Connor Macdonald, Seamus Mitchell and Henry Hustwaite with a pick around that range over the past 3 years. Would rather take it to the draft this year if we didn't have a likely bid on Will McCabe to match.

I'm concerned that if we are going hard here that a player might be involved.

Your list is much more advanced than people imagine.
Maybe finals are a real possibility next year so paying overs for a must need worthwhile.

And that's why we can forget about Port getting Esava. Hawks offering big money, BZT sounding likely, and we don’t have anything to trade – forget about players, we couldn't force anyone out for JHF.

BZT and Grundy will both cost 2nds; 1 would have to be next year's, which rules out a first. We also don’t need 2 defenders to replace Jonas either.
There are still options with picks

Would Esava and Cats F2 for Ports F1 be an option for example?

Jonas, Clurey, T.Mckenzie probably all need replacing

There are still options with picks

Would Esava and Cats F2 for Ports F1 be an option for example?

Jonas, Clurey, T.Mckenzie probably all need replacing
No, we’d also need to get an AFL exemption to trade next year’s 1st. While we may get it, hopefully the club wouldn’t waste a 1st on any of Grundy, Esava, or BZT.

I’d assume BZT replaces Jonas, one of Pasini, McCallum, or Marshall replaces McKenzie, and Clurey isn’t even best 22. After Georgiades re-signed, Finlayson could also go back next year.

With only our 1st Rounder and a late pick. Guarantee Wells and Mackie will ask for Pick in the 20's this year. Port need to get creative or Sav is going to the Hawks.
Hope he does really. A pick in the 20s is well overs.
Because Port can't pull imaginary cap space out of their ass? lol

Grundy + Sav isn't happening for packets of half eaten chips.
What makes you think Port don't have cap space?

Hope he does really. A pick in the 20s is well overs.

What makes you think Port don't have cap space?
I'm thinking the same, Jonas retired, lycett with his equal contract to Grundy possibly moving (collingwood) or will be on a small wage, Dixon signed on for 1 yr with reduced wage, clurey possibly traded, boak onto the new veterans list, hayes might be part of the grundy deal. And that's to name a few.

Got no idea why we are though, it’s not like we are challenging next year
I don't think you're that far off and I've been saying it for a while.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Esava Ratugolea [Traded to Port Adelaide for #25, #76 and #94]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back