No Oppo Supporters Essendon* - 6900 & Beyond - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least a bush open. In fairness Yze is streets ahead, but is hardly the experienced coach they mandated.
Without a handicap system the formguide would read;

Yze - beaten favourite last three starts. Has promised much but not sure about taking the chance on him.

Solomon - solid in easier races. On home track but this looks too rich.

Lade- looks to be well out of his grade in this. Looking at others before him.

Hird- retired in disgrace 7 years ago after bleeding from both nostrils. On home track which us a huge plus but unsure how stewards have allowed him to start after previous disgraces.

In fact a recent translation of Jobe's mumblings were about it not being a good idea for Hird to return,

Watson said the club had to look to the future and stop living in the past.

“I don’t see how that would work,” Watson said on Channel 7 after being asked about speculation Hird could be installed as Essendon’s 2023 coach.

I stopped reading at “quick-fix saviour”.

James Hird is not Alistair Clarkson or even Ross Lyon ffs. They’d be seen as saviours.

Gurgle, Gurgle, Gurgle!!!

kool aid snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

What's even more telling is it's a supporter base divided. This is just a recipe for disaster.
I heard a caller on SEN this morning saying that Hird going for the job shows how much he still loves the club and was prepared to put aside the events of the past and come back to them....

What a deluded crock of shit that is.

On the surface, it sounds fair enough, but if you actually give it more than 2 seconds of thought, you come to realise that JH is either;
A) really seriously suffering mental health issues, in that he cannot let things go, and wants to coach as a shot to vindicate his name, or;
B) his extraordinary ego will not let him put the club before himself.

Surely any blind fool can see what massive division this would cause if he was appointed again, and really snuff out any chance of an * revival.

Dean Solomon, done a huge apprenticeship... touted as a coach in waiting... was one of *... yet none of them are rallying for him to be head coach.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dean Solomon, done a huge apprenticeship... touted as a coach in waiting... was one of *... yet none of them are rallying for him they be head coach.

They are such a strange football club. It’s as if they prefer to stick it up people that said their Golden boy will never coach again, instead of going for a better coach. This will set them back years, he was an average head coach and now he’s been out of the head coaching system for 7 years.

They are such a strange football club. It’s as if they prefer to stick it up people that said their Golden boy will never coach again, instead of going for a better coach. This will set them back years, he was an average head coach and now he’s been out of the head coaching system for 7 years.
One of Hirds assets when he last coached, if you take away the 34 players doped to the eyeballs and playing well above their abilities, was the seige mentality of the us against the world.

Everyone was coming for them. Every win was seen as "we stuck it right up 'em". The media, the AFL, ASADA. That's a valuable tool but it has a use by date as he found out in 2015. Plus Heppell is the lone remaining player from the list of cheats, and I honestly think he doesn't give a shit.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Saw this in Twitter :tearsofjoy:

Hird: "I had no experience prior to coaching Essendon, had never been an assistant, lost more games than I won, didn't win a final, was in charge during the biggest footy scandal of the decade and have shown almost no interest in coaching since."

Essendon: "Where do we sign?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back