No Oppo Supporters Essendon* - 7000 Milestone & Beyond šŸ„³ - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Our supporter base needs to overcome its small mindedness. Start thinking like a premiership club and focus on our team. Mods close the thread down
Nahā€¦ for as bad as weā€™ve been over the last 20 years I find solace in the fact that we are not *

For those who don't like this thread, let us remember why this thread (in its first iteration) began - *'s drug cheating. We don't have similar threads for Pies and Tigs (although they are also big traditional rivals).
For me, this thread serves several purposes.

First, I despise *.

But, * cheated (they were penalised, even though AFL house tried to diminishthis), and Hird was their coach at the time. * still has the James Hird Acadamy for young players (and Hird was a talented player), and Sheedy (an unreserved apologist for Hird) recently advocated for Hird to return as Head Coach. It says there is still a lack of admission (and therefore cultural issues) still at *.

* also serves as a salient reminder to us. It took us some time to admit (to salary cap cheating) and take appropriate steps to change. I am thankful for the likes of Cook (and many around and before him) to bring about positive changes. And it's why I am also glad to have the likes of Cripps as Captain.

For those who don't like this thread, put it on ignore. And, ***** *.

Our supporter base needs to overcome its small mindedness. Start thinking like a premiership club and focus on our team. Mods close the thread down

Not sure if serious?????

There are possibly a number of reasons to object to this thread, although I think the thread is a great read and a common feeling amongst us posters is that we despise * so why not keep that in one place.

To somehow link the value of this thread to needing to be a premiership focused supporter group who is above the ā€œnonsenseā€ of making fun of * and their streak is bewildering.

If itā€™s beneath you Michael and makes you cringe, just stay away. As for the rest of you champions keep up the excellent work!!!!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

ventured into their game autopsy, and there is calls (not sure if satire) for golden balls to return as coach

Jack Nicholson Reaction GIF

ventured into their game autopsy, and there is calls (not sure if satire) for golden balls to return as coach

This requires encouragement. Couple of non-** journo's writing 'it's time' puff pieces. Supporters calling into talkback "hi, it's sultan from Melbourne here - I just think that James has served his time and him coming back to ** would be a great story and a really good thing for the club and the competition in general". Let's make it happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This requires encouragement. Couple of non-** journo's writing 'it's time' puff pieces. Supporters calling into talkback "hi, it's sultan from Melbourne here - I just think that James has served his time and him coming back to ** would be a great story and a really good thing for the club and the competition in general". Let's make it happen.
not sure i could do that and not dry reach.

I'd back that, as would 17 other clubs. * would think it's because everyone loves Hird and supports his return, not because it'll set them back another 5-10 years of mediocrity and laughter.

A Port Melbourne premiership with Sir James as coach will just about do it I reckon

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

A Port Melbourne premiership with Sir James as coach will just about do it I reckon

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Do they test for PEDs in the VFL? Probably going to start or increase frequency. AFL will probably be tightening their sphincters at James popping up again and the extra costs for drug testing and the media that will ensue with anything related to Hird.

I reckon we can raid their list at years end,surely theyā€™ve got some players weā€™d be interested in na probably not Dodoros hand picked them.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I reckon if you were picking them you'd be aiming for the ones he gets in the junk pile - MSD, PSD etc. Off the top of my head Durham, D'Ambrosio (since gone to Hawfs), Martin. Maybe that El-Hawli who ripped us in a VFL a month or so back.

That's where he actually scores some real quality. Avoid the high draft picks at all costs.

I reckon if you were picking them you'd be aiming for the ones he gets in the junk pile - MSD, PSD etc. Off the top of my head Durham, D'Ambrosio (since gone to Hawfs), Martin. Maybe that El-Hawli who ripped us in a VFL a month or so back.

That's where he actually scores some real quality. Avoid the high draft picks at all costs.
He gets quality late bargains(draft, rookie and MSD) due to his early picks being just terrible.

They have to play the bargains, they perform moderately well, claim he's a genius for finding a gem whilst completely overlooking that he wasted early picks.

Our mid season and rookie picks are probably of a similar quality but won't get a look in due to the actual good players in front of them.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:

Really piss them off and get Hird as an assistant coach (note take taker and assistant to high performance)z

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters Essendon* - 7000 Milestone & Beyond šŸ„³ - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back