Preview Essendon vs Adelaide, Docklands, Saturday 12/08/17 @ 7.25 PM

Chicken Dinner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I was slightly optimistic about this one and that we could be competitive. Seeing what they are doing to Port is starting to change that.......

Stay strong young Padawan. Essendon when counted out, is the Bessendon.

It's funny; last week I was thinking it was crazy to drop both Kelly and McGrath. Now I can't see them both coming back in.

We need to cover both Betts and Cameron. I'd assume McGrath gets one and Baguley/Kelly gets the other, but what does the one who doesn't get the match up do? I can't imagine either in the midfield. I don't think we can afford McGrath to not be in defence either; Betts and Cameron would absolutely torch a Baguley/Kelly combo.

I think we will see the following;
Out; Fantasia, Merrett, Colyer
In; Bird, McGrath, Begley

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Essendon by 60.

Identical situation to the St. Kilda game. Adelaide have the worst lows of the top four teams. Every loss (and the draw, there were miles down) was by big margins. They slaughtered Richmond by 80, then the next week lost to North by 10 goals. Saints smashed Richmond, then lost to us by 12 goals. It's all set for us to win this game and play finals.

Adelaide played in Melbourne last week, flew to Adelaide and now back to Melbourne, played a hard game in wet conditions, they have the percentage and comfortably 1st, can see them rest a few and not go all out next week, defiantly giving us a chance, bombers by 28!

Forward match ups will be interesting v. Adelaide.

Hurley will be filthy on the pant sing he got from Tex first up, imagine he'll go to him again. Presumably Hartley gets Jenkins and Ambrose goes to Lynch. Would send McGrath straight to Eddy from the first bounce. McGovern? I would look at blooding Ridley - he's our most logical match up for McGovern.

Don't like Hartley on Jenkins that much - hope Wooshee is open to swinging Hooker back if it's not working.

Forward match ups will be interesting v. Adelaide.

Hurley will be filthy on the pant sing he got from Tex first up, imagine he'll go to him again. Presumably Hartley gets Jenkins and Ambrose goes to Lynch. Would send McGrath straight to Eddy from the first bounce. McGovern? I would look at blooding Ridley - he's our most logical match up for McGovern.

Don't like Hartley on Jenkins that much - hope Wooshee is open to swinging Hooker back if it's not working.

You might be right but personally I would think:
Hartley on Jenkins
Ambrose on Walker in a shutdown role
Hurley on McGovern and zoning off/doing his thing
Gleeson to chase Lynch up the field and do intercept work when he can. I also quite like Gleeson up on the wing, he can do some good stuff further up the ground at times.

I think Baguley will start on Eddy. Not sure if that's the best option but I reckon that's what they will do. I'm sure McGrath will spend time on him.

But really what we need more than anything is for our midfield to actually stand up this week. We got dominated in the clearances against Carlton. If that happens again it won't matter what matchups we choose.

Please tag Sloane ....
I know woosha won't and come 11pm next Saturday we will be tearing the decision to strips in autopsy thread.

And McGrath on betts plz , k thanks .

You might be right but personally I would think:
Hartley on Jenkins
Ambrose on Walker in a shutdown role
Hurley on McGovern and zoning off/doing his thing
Gleeson to chase Lynch up the field and do intercept work when he can. I also quite like Gleeson up on the wing, he can do some good stuff further up the ground at times.

I think Baguley will start on Eddy. Not sure if that's the best option but I reckon that's what they will do. I'm sure McGrath will spend time on him.

But really what we need more than anything is for our midfield to actually stand up this week. We got dominated in the clearances against Carlton. If that happens again it won't matter what matchups we choose.
I'd be perfectly happy with Ambrose on Walker but I don't like Gleeson on Lynch - Lynch covers huge ground and I don't think Gleeson can go with him. He's very important to the Crows and I think Ambrose is our best match up for him.

Im going to be optimistic with Merrett getting a fine given his good record.

worried we have another game from Hooker where his behinds cost us and Goddard's turnovers lead to Adelaide's rebound game killing us.
Push Goddard closer to goal and Hooker further from them.
Liked this.

Hypothetical. (This exact scenario won't happen as 5 changes too crazy for our coaching group)
Watson, Colyer and Howlett all omitted. Fantasia out injured and Merrett out suspended (for this scenario).

Who are the 5 ins?

Kelly, McGrath, Begley, Mutch and Langford for mine. Get as much youth and pace in as possible with Kelly providing experience.

Though I can understand Bird for the inside role/Sloane tag. I'd actually give that role to Myers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back