Preview Essendon vs Fremantle, Docklands, Sunday 27/08/17 @ 1:10 PM

Will Joe secure the Coleman?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we please just win? 20 points would be nice. Don't see WCE beating Adelaide by more than 50 if at all.

Come on boys!

Please don't drop Hartley!!!!! Watched the replay this morning and he was magnificent. Why they dropped him against Crows with their 4 talls is unbelievable. He completely dominated 2 meter Peter as well as getting heaps of the ball and almost scored goals with long bombs twice.

getting heaps of ball was a given, we had a wall set up.

I just wish he would punch toward the boundary rather than front and square every time, too easy to read. Fletch needs to take him to school

I would be disappointed if we don't win by over 5 goals Freo are garbage. I want the team to be ruthless and go for the throat we owe these guys for all the times we got flogged in Perth.
Don't get me wrong, I want to thrash them as well. I just want to win so we lock in a finals spot.

I would be disappointed if Colyer comes in without having to earn it like Myers, Laverde, Langford etc have. Although we REALLY need another link up player, a Fantasia v2 would be handy. Unfortunately I think it is Colyer, that comes straight back in (I am just expecting more of the same though).

The only thing that might save Colyer is if they want him to run with (or have the option to run with) one of the Hill's. He did it to decent enough effect against Gaff to the point where I think they might try and do it again.

I personally would have Mutch in for Green but I could see them going that way.

Mutch for Green
Hurley for Hartley
Watson for Bird

Unless there's injuries I can't see it being anymore than that. Begley snuck in at a fortunate time

The only thing that might save Colyer is if they want him to run with (or have the option to run with) one of the Hill's. He did it to decent enough effect against Gaff to the point where I think they might try and do it again.

I personally would have Mutch in for Green but I could see them going that way.

Mutch for Green
Hurley for Hartley
Watson for Bird

Unless there's injuries I can't see it being anymore than that. Begley snuck in at a fortunate time
How has Mutch been travelling in the VFL of late?

Calling Bird shit is childish, all respect to Watson, Bird has out performed him each time he has come in. If were looking at finals he has to stay in.

With stanton i agree bring him in this week but Jobe has had his farewell game as sad as it is.

Birds is cooked mate and not in our best team, anyone thinking otherwise did not see the game Saturday night. He is a bit of a liability

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really wish this was the late game on Sunday so we'd know exactly what we need to do. Hopefully a nice comfortable 5+ goal win and Adelaide beat WC.

How has Mutch been travelling in the VFL of late?
He gets a lot of the ball. Knows where to be. He's been in our best prob almost each week for the past month or so. Isn't damaging really and very slight frame still but doesn't mind putting his body on the line. I wouldn't bring him in at all this year that being said. Will get plenty of opportunities next year.

Early week speculation selection ideas.

I'm all about rewarding VFL form when changes are required, but that just doesn't seem to be the selection panels MO for 2017 - so these changes are based on my opinion more than what i feel will take place...

Out:
Green (inj) - replaced by Jordan Ridley - has played back in the 2nds and has looked solid in the games I've seen on TV. Was sampled forward against the Bulldogs and ended up with a goal. Strong mark, which produced some great 1 on 1 contested results, but still only has a slight frame to take into an AFL game.
Bird (omitted) - Replaced by Kyle Langford - Kyle has been sent back in the last few weeks and continuously produced big numbers, whilst been damaging rather than just accumulating. I feel it's just confidence with this kid, where he put so much mental pressure on his game to perform when playing AFL that the mistakes come. Keeping that in mind - it was sad to see Craig such a bull at contests, but almost unable to deliver on the opposition bursts.

I get the feel it may well be Watson for Bird as a straight swap in the midfield and maybe even Francis for Green as a pure forward.

Being early in the week - I'm holding off on getting Hurley straight back into the side, unless he is 100%. As dicey as we were against the Suns for 3 quarters, the back 6 did OK. I really don't see Freo's forward 6 being any more damaging than what the Suns put up. If he does get back, then the Green omission would be matched by Hurley coming in. Or depending on the selection panels patience, Laverde back out again for Hurley in.

Again - my opinion - just for you touchy bastards out there ;)

I'm still recovering from reeling away in shock when I heard this strange rumour that we are playing Fremantle in Melbourne.

I mean what the **** is that? Get your shit together AFL.

I know, and not only that but in the same season where we had a home game in round 1! It's like the AFL are taking the piss or something.

Anyone know if the Mayweather McGregor fight will be shown at a bar or something at Etihad? Trying really hard to figure out how to do both on Sunday?

I can smell the fear :D

It's the same fear I can smell on our board :$
I don't think either of us have anything to worry about. Freo are barely AFL standard at the moment. Even I think that we have a line somewhere, especially with finals on the line.

We completely dominated Gold Coast, but they were very efficient and we were very inefficient. They had an 8 man defence, clearly to try and stop us from scoring yet we still had 30 scoring shots to 12 and generated 71 inside 50s to 31.

Melbourne should beat Collingwood. They have too many injuries and don't have the ends to match Melbourne. Brisbane are being very underrated on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back