Preview Essendon vs Hawthorn, Docklands, 26/07/13

Essendon vs Hawthorn

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't expect those changes but on balance I think we look a little stronger.

The atmosphere will be crazy if we are on top and Daniher is kicking goals.

Oh and I really hope we tag Hodge. He is very susceptible to a hard tag but will slaughter us if we let him run free.

I think Hurley will play forward at the beginning, but I'm certain he'll shift if we have an unfavourable match-up down back. I'd rather see Ryder play down there when he's not on ruck duty to be honest but he hasn't done that for a long while.

Cannot see how it works any other way.

Tend to agree, the only way it could conceivably work is if TRB back Hibberd to go with Gunston both up the ground and in the air, then you could slide Pears onto the ruckman (or maybe even Buddy).

I don't see them doing it, but if they did I'd back Pig to win that battle TBH

Same source has backflipped and tells me Bellchambers IS playing

Ins: Pears, Howlett, Hocking, Zaharakis, Daniher
Out: Crameri, Fletcher, Lovett-Murray, Merrett, O'Brien

Not sure how reliable the source is, will find out soon enough I guess

UPDATE:

Are you Jesus?

Same source has backflipped and tells me Bellchambers IS playing

Ins: Pears, Howlett, Hocking, Zaharakis, Daniher
Out: Crameri, Fletcher, Lovett-Murray, Merrett, O'Brien

Not sure how reliable the source is, will find out soon enough I guess
Ask who is going to win?

UPDATE:

Are you Jesus?

tumblr_lpzyho2Zpw1qfz7nfo1_500.jpg

I think Hurley will play forward at the beginning, but I'm certain he'll shift if we have an unfavourable match-up down back. I'd rather see Ryder play down there when he's not on ruck duty to be honest but he hasn't done that for a long while.

We would want to avoid letting Hawthorn have Gibson or Lake to leave their man. Hurley has a good gas tank so I would push he and Ryder far up the ground. Drag Lake or Gibson out of the 50 and keep Daniher on his own in the goal square.

Hooker to Roughead, Carlisle to Franklin, Pears to Gunston. Dare Hawthorn to play 4 talls in the forward line. If we get numbers back and keep pressure on the kicks to force the big bomb there will be so much traffic in the air the chances of bringing the ball to ground and get the ball in the hands of Dempsey and Hibberd.

The key to unlocking the Hawthorn defence is isolating Stratton. Get Gibson and Lake out of the way and give Stratton the one-out in the square

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Since last time they met, not sure if this has been posted

Essendon In: C Hooker, Hibberd, Goddard, J Daniher, P Ryder, D Myers, Zaharakis, T Colyer, N Kommer, M Hurley, Pears

Essendon Outs: Watson, Hille, Fletcher, Gumbelton, Monfries, Winderlich, Browne, KAV!, Hardingham, NLM, Davey

They have though:
IN: Hale, Franklin, B Hill, B Lake, Simpkin, Duryea
Out: Suckling, C Young, L Shiels Birchall, Shoenmakers, Burgoyne.

Since last time they met, not sure if this has been posted

Essendon In: C Hooker, Hibberd, Goddard, J Daniher, P Ryder, D Myers, Zaharakis, T Colyer, N Kommer, M Hurley, Pears

Essendon Outs: Watson, Hille, Fletcher, Gumbelton, Monfries, Winderlich, Browne, KAV!, Hardingham, NLM, Davey

They have though:
IN: Hale, Franklin, B Hill, B Lake, Simpkin, Duryea
Out: Suckling, C Young, L Shiels Birchall, Shoenmakers, Burgoyne.

In: Intact hamstrings, belief
Out: Everyone rolling over and dying

I expect the Hawks to win, especially with Mitchell back, but I like the small forwards we have. Colyer, Jetta and Del should be able to apply a good amount of forward pressure. Send Carlisle to Roughy; he's their no.1 forward at the moment.

I expect the Hawks to win, especially with Mitchell back, but I like the small forwards we have. Colyer, Jetta and Del should be able to apply a good amount of forward pressure. Send Carlisle to Roughy; he's their no.1 forward at the moment.

he's THE number 1 forward at the moment

We'll find it tough to get enough goals out of our talls Hurley/JD/T-Bell. I would have played Gumby ahead of Ryder - then Gumby or JD could help Ryder in the ruck. Hurley will get the number one defender but I worry that T-Bell/JD won't get much respect from Lake, who can take a few intercept marks. I suspect that Goddard/Zaharakis may spend more time up forward. It's important that Pears stands up and can match Hale/Bailey - He fails and the shuffling begins.

By more reckoning we have four out of best 22 - Watson/Winderlich/Fletcher/Crameri and the Hawks one - Burgoyne.

I am hoping,rather than expecting tomorrow.

By more reckoning we have four out of best 22 - Watson/Winderlich/Fletcher/Crameri and the Hawks one - Burgoyne

Birchall, Schoenmakers, Suckling...

Birchall, Schoenmakers, Suckling...

I'll give you Birchall.

I don't include players who are long term injured ( schoenmakers/suckling) And Schoenmakers wouldn't get a game before Lake.

Shiels is right on the edge.

We can say that Hawthorn is fielding a stronger line-up.

I'll give you Birchall.

I don't include players who are long term injured ( schoenmakers/suckling) And Schoenmakers wouldn't get a game before Lake.

Shiels is right on the edge.

We can say that Hawthorn is fielding a stronger line-up.

Schoenmakers wouldn't be competing with Lake for a spot, they would both be playing each week. Hell, the only reason Lake really got a chance is because of Schoenmakers injury.

Shiels I agree is touch and go. Birchall is too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back