Preview Essendon vs Hawthorn, Docklands, 26/07/13

Essendon vs Hawthorn

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Smacks of desperation putting in JD instead of Gumby based on VFL form. Yoda reckons JD was looking worn out. Maybe he is going to play something of a decoy role.
On paper the ins look great. What i was after 3 weeks ago to some extent. But i've got a bad feeling that the team selection represents something of a lack of choice this week, rather than the over abundance that we have had throughout the season. We can't expect Colyer or Del to go nearly so well against the Hawks after saving our bacon last week. We can't expect Hocking to be better than average coming back in.
I hope the boys get fired up, but if they don't i can see us getting truly cut to pieces for the first time this year. Without Jobe in and under and Crameri and Winders marking hard up the wings, this side is vulnerable. Luckily it is only a near full strength Hawthorn! :oops:

We have gone from our worst 22 of the year to close to one of our best. That's great player management.

Fletcher has been a bit of an issue for us this year. I think the switch with Pears will be better for us.
Problem is
Carlisle - Buddy, Hooker - Roughead but who goes to Gunston? Pears will have to. If they isolate that contest we may be in a bit of trouble.

I don't like the defence. Carlisle is more than a match for Roughead, and Hooker can take Hale but Pears isn't the right match-up for Buddy. I would rather have Hurley back and Gumby forward

I don't like the defence. Carlisle is more than a match for Roughead, and Hooker can take Hale but Pears isn't the right match-up for Buddy. I would rather have Hurley back and Gumby forward

Gumby late inclusion? Interesting to see how much speed Essendon have tried to inject into this team this week. Too bad Licka didn't get up, what's his issue?

Whilst the defensive match ups are important, it's all going to be about who wins the midfield/contested ball and the Sqawks have the edge there, particularly with Hocking lacking a run. We really need Melksham and Myers to lift even more from their good recent run and BJ will need to have a standout game. Ryder & Bellcho could tip the balance in the ruck and around the ground if they play at their best.

Interesting to see how much speed Essendon have tried to inject into this team this week.

Careful, Barrett might read this the wrong way!
You're right though, Colyer and Jetta staying in, Pears is pretty quick.

Woke up with a good feeling today, one of those days where i feel everything is going to go right :)

Been written off, by everyone!
Let's enjoy this win lads ;)

Woke up with a good feeling today, one of those days where i feel everything is going to go right :)

3p3igz.jpg

:D

Probably not your fault, but Drago never says that, IIRC. 'I will/must break you', perhaps.

Not sure whether to be more concerned about Mitchell coming in and collection 30 disposals in the backline or Frankfurt kicking 1.3.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure whether to be more concerned about Mitchell coming in and collection 30 disposals in the backline or Frankfurt kicking 1.3.

Hodge is my main worry, no Winderlich SUUUUUUUUX

Hodge is my main worry, no Winderlich SUUUUUUUUX

Yeah, he's their champ. Only needs it a few times to make an impact.

Winders is a shame, but gives other blokes a chance, I guess...if Trav and Dell can turn it on again, will give us a boost we don't usually have.

Should be a right cracker, despite mutual injuries.:thumbsu:

I was at the Essendon v Box Hill game at Windy Hill. Lake made mince meat of Daniher that day...I don't have high hopes of Daniher kicking a bag tonight

Gibson is 189 Lake is 195. Would expect it to be the other way around

With Bellchambers/Ryder and Daniher being up forward throughout the match Lake will find himself on those guys, Gibson will take Hurley if he plays forward, has a good record on him. To the poster who said you should isolate Stratton that only applies if he is being stretched for height and weight, pound for pound is one of our best defenders 1 on 1 and would have got the job on Crameri if he was playing. Clarko wont allow Stratton to be isolated on a Daniher or a Ryder anyway. There will be alot of mixing and matching going on to avoid mismatches imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back