In: Heppell, Fantasia, McKenna

Francis - Hooker - Gleeson
McKenna - Ambrose - Saad
McGrath - Shiel - Guelfi
Fantasia - McKernan - Brown
Walla - Stringer - Laverde
Z Clarke - Merrett - Heppell
Parish - Redman - Zaharakis - D Clarke

Provided Raz and Heppell are fit, I don't see any reason to do anything else.

I can't see Port going in with all of Ryder, Lycett and Dixon but if they do, one of Ryder or Dixon will need to play high meaning Ambrose can take that one leaving Hooker on the deep forward (Lycett obviously on ball). If Westhoff plays forward then Francis takes him.

Provided Raz and Heppell are fit, I don't see any reason to do anything else.

I can't see Port going in with all of Ryder, Lycett and Dixon but if they do, one of Ryder or Dixon will need to play high meaning Ambrose can take that one leaving Hooker on the deep forward (Lycett obviously on ball). If Westhoff plays forward then Francis takes him.
Port fans seem to want Dixon/Ladhams/Frampton. If McKernan doesn't get up we play Hooker forward and Hartley back.

Darcy, Sinclair, Stanley, Mumford, Nankervis, English, Kruezer = 7.

Kreuzer?? Just no. Streets ahead of TBC. Kills him around the ground & far more mobile.
Nankervis - Gets a shitload more of it around the ground & kicks more goals too.
English- about to go past him. I’d have him ahead of TBC from 2020 >>

Mumford, Stanley, Darcy, Sinclair agreed.

So 4-5....point is he’s in the bottom half doz & he’s not improving.

Got an email suggesting that I upgrade from GA to reserved seat. Is there an expected huge crowd even for an out-of-towner, or is it just the club wanting a bit of extra $$?
Normally I'd ignore it but the 7 year-old wants to come and I don't want to be dragging him around trying to find 2 seats if it's full.

This above nonsense gets trotted out by the club every single week. They recommend you upgrade to $ecure your $eat and to en$ure they get a$ much ca$h out of you a$ po$$ible. You can get a seat on level three general admission just fine. If you and the young one turn up at least 25 mins before the bounce and head up to level three you'll be right. I went GA against Hawthorn and North which were much bigger attendances than an early game vs Port will be.

I’m tend to agree with you. I’m not seeing anything I like about Laverde other than the odd good thing here & there & not alot in between.

VFL bound this week.
I think he needs a consistent run at it.

Laverde makes a contest so he’s already got one up on Langford. We’ve got enough leading forwards, besides, Essendon tends to kick long into 50m anyhow - with the exception of finding Brown 50m-70m out - we need players who can compete in contests i.e. Stringer, McKernan. This is most beneficial with Fantasia in the side.

I’d have serious concerns about our finals credentials if we can’t get back on track this week & beat a demoralised port. We’re the better side & need to play accordingly.

Important that we start well Port are a fragile team break them early and they will crumble.

If the scores are close through out the game they will fancy their chances and win.

Sometimes I’ll read first page of opposing team’s preview thread. Who should come up but sadly obsessed Norf supporter...

No more schizophrenia this week.

Stomp their putrid guts out, and for crissakes, be aware of the umpires carrying them again.

Is this guy ok? Should we apologise?

Not liking all the media noise about Port this week.

Coach under pressure (more so than usual), chairman coming out making media statements, upcoming review of their club in the works...

Players shouldn’t need this pressure to perform but history tells us it usually does. I think this game has some alarm bells about it. They’d be pretty keen to turn around a recent poor record against us too.

If we were the kings of getting up for an emotion charged win when you were given no chance port have taken that mantle.

They play extremely well when they get the arousal levels up high enough. It's just consistent performances that hurt them, which with the number of young kids they are using is to be expected.

I'm a bit surprised everyone has us so much as favourites

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The contradiction on this board is out of control sometimes...
Get games into the kids, they say.
Langford and/or Laverde have 1 average game or a couple average moments... Drop em stat.
Both those guys needs consistent games put into em... They're our big bodied mid/fwds of the future and have shown enough. Let em have a decent crack at it
Remember Jobe's development...turned out to be one of our best ever

Kreuzer?? Just no. Streets ahead of TBC. Kills him around the ground & far more mobile.
Nankervis - Gets a s**tload more of it around the ground & kicks more goals too.
English- about to go past him. I’d have him ahead of TBC from 2020 >>

Mumford, Stanley, Darcy, Sinclair agreed.

So 4-5....point is he’s in the bottom half doz & he’s not improving.

The idea of Kruezer is better than the reality. For killing him around the ground he averages less than two possessions more. Bellchambers has kicked more goals and offers a greater marking threat. Sure Kreuzer will light up a match periodically before twinging another injury and go back to being terrible for a month.

As for Nank he’s a worse version of Mumford he just pushes forward because their defence is unbelievable, his real utility is the around the contest. Chuck him another team where he has to be accountable and he’d be exposed for his two way running. He’s also garbage in the ruck.

English will be great soon but not yet.

I think Guelfi could do with a rest. Hasn’t looked right since the McGovern incident. Hasn’t done those desperate acts of courage that seperate him from other players with his talent.

Last edited:
Got an email suggesting that I upgrade from GA to reserved seat. Is there an expected huge crowd even for an out-of-towner, or is it just the club wanting a bit of extra $$?
Normally I'd ignore it but the 7 year-old wants to come and I don't want to be dragging him around trying to find 2 seats if it's full.

an up and about essendon brings people out of the woodwork - especially with 80k + members..

Hold out till Friday if you're gonna upgrade. Might be some cheap deals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back