Preview Essendon vs Richmond, Dreamtime @ The 'G, 31/05/2014, 7:45 PM AEST

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why the **** would we play Hurley forward when he's finally settling into defence?

Why the **** would we play Hurley forward when he's finally settling into defence?
It wouldn't happen.. so keep your jocks on.

IFFFFF Bomber did try it though.. I think it would be self evident why the switch works. For one, Hurley would actually make a contest at HF.. so our scoring goes up by around 30 pts.. and Carlisle is MORE than adequate as a defender.. so our defence losing nothing..

Thus we win 95pts vs 57pts..

Got my Dreamtime hoody ready.

Hoodie2_1024x1024.jpg

(No that's not me, obviously)

We CAN beat Richmond. But not based on our performances over the last few weeks.

What is the harm in trying it at least? Seriously.. other than demonstrating exactly how wrong Bomber Thompson has been??

Our season is on the ropes.. what is the harm to at least trying something different.. change the dynamic a little bit??

Maybe the midfielders have more faith in Hurley.. so they kick it to him 1-1.. maybe he puts a bit of fear into the opp defenders.. and they drop a few marks.. we get a few goals..

At some point you have to DO something if you want things to change.

What is the harm in trying it at least? Seriously.. other than demonstrating exactly how wrong Bomber Thompson has been??

Our season is on the ropes.. what is the harm to at least trying something different.. change the dynamic a little bit??

Maybe the midfielders have more faith in Hurley.. so they kick it to him 1-1.. maybe he puts a bit of fear into the opp defenders.. and they drop a few marks.. we get a few goals..

At some point you have to DO something if you want things to change.
Hurley's wrists, the fact that he's a mediocre forward and developing into the defender we want him to be, the only key defender we have who's capable of shutting down a lead?

Hurley's wrists, the fact that he's a mediocre forward and developing into the defender we want him to be, the only key defender we have who's capable of shutting down a lead?
Go back and watch the tape of Carlisle last year.. he wasn't exactly a dog backman.

If Hurley is a mediocre forward, Carlisle is a diabolical one.

And I never said Hurley was a star forward.. but he is a better forward than Carlisle by a country mile.. probably 20 country miles actually.. and we NEED a forward line if we want to win games (you know.. like we did last year.. remember all the cheering? that was because we actually go to win lots of games with lots of goals!!)

They will come out and play 4 quarters of two way football. Ontop of that, they will kick goals from almost everywhere.

And then everyone will be jizzing everywhere about how the Tigers are back, only for them to come out and get humiliated by Norf the following week

They will come out and play 4 quarters of two way football. Ontop of that, they will kick goals from almost everywhere.

And then everyone will be jizzing everywhere about how the Tigers are back, only for them to come out and get humiliated by Essendon the following week
efa

Richmond have some potent players, like us, and just can't generate 2013 form, like us.

They'll probably have Maric back, who is a bit of a talisman for them, and will be playing for their season, so expect a struggle.

That said, I fully expect us to capitalise on their misery and play ourselves into form.

Unfortunately for them, after us they have North, Freo and Sydney and could well be sitting at 2-10 after 12 matches. By that time, hopefully we have picked off Richmond, Giants, Melbourne and Adelaide and are looking at an 8-5 record and some form to take in against the Cats.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm afraid that I share your apathy...
I haven't seen anything from our guys to suggest any different.
Haven't seen the Tigers obviously. Difference between the and us: we've beaten Dogs, Brisbane while playing shit, they've lost to Melbourne etc while playing shit

Have to remember we made Brisbane look like a half decent footy side.. nothing is certain.

Footy is a week to week proposition with the ASADA cloud looming over the club. One can't predict what frame of mind the players will be in. Unfortunately that's the reality of the situation.

Footy is a week to week proposition with the ASADA cloud looming over the club. One can't predict what frame of mind the players will be in. Unfortunately that's the reality of the situation.

Thank God we cleared it all up last year by accepting sanctions before a verdict was reached. Would have hated for it to spill over into this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back