Preview Essendon vs Richmond, Dreamtime @ The 'G, 31/05/2014, 7:45 PM AEST

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kinda makes you wonder what would have happened if we had gone to court.. probably still have Jimmy at the helm be 8-1 and sitting on top of the ladder.. with all charges withdraw.. after coming off a close Prelim loss last year..

If only if only someone had balls...

Any automatic inclusions after their VFL performances today?

Hardingham would be keen to return!

Thank God we cleared it all up last year by accepting sanctions before a verdict was reached. Would have hated for it to spill over into this year.

AFL and ASADA are different entities. The fact is that in the worst case scenario we will have four wasted years. That's half a generation of players.

Kinda makes you wonder what would have happened if we had gone to court.. probably still have Jimmy at the helm be 8-1 and sitting on top of the ladder.. with all charges withdraw.. after coming off a close Prelim loss last year..

And ASADA would have walked away !

Yeah !

And ASADA would have walked away !

Yeah !
No, but they still wouldn't have taken any action.. so as I said.. things would be travelling along as per schedule.

We have not be found guilty of anything related to ASADA at this stage, nor does it appear likely we will.

You're a broken record Rines. We get that you wish Hird was around and you haven't been a fan of bomber Thompson's coaching this year.

Stop posting about it endlessly

Last edited:
You're a broken record Rines. We get that you wish Hird was around and you've been a fan of bomber Thompson's coaching this year.

Sorry for wishing we didn't have to cop the worst penalties in the history of the game...

Perhaps come back and talk once you finish your VCE English.. then we can have a discussion based on actual reading comprehension.

We have gone backwards, Hoping for a win, but not confident.
Our forward line is pure garbage.

So, looks like it will be Howlett, Chapman, Winderlich. On the big ground (suits us this year IMO) with the big crowd with our hopes at finals on the line.

Myers and Bellchambers with a game back under their belts. Carlisle with some confidence boosting goals (three in his last 5 quarters of footy).

Richmond with a few injuries, niggles, shocking form and a season almost written off.

We should be confident. Experienced mature team for the big game.

In: Chapman, Winderlich, Howlett
Out: Jerrett, Aylett, Daniher

B Fletcher Hooker Baugley
HB Dempsey Hurley Hibberd
C Stanton Watson Heppell
HF Zaharakis Ryder Chapman
F Ambrose Carlisle Winderlich
R Bellchambers Myers Goddard

I Hocking Howlett Melksham Zerrett

Sorry for wishing we didn't have to cop the worst penalties in the history of the game...

Perhaps come back and talk once you finish your VCE English.. then we can have a discussion based on actual reading comprehension.

Accidentally a words. Guess that invalidates my degree, career and most importantly any opinion I have.

Why don't you keep the Asada talk and coaching discussion to the appropriate threads so the rest of us can talk about the game on hand and try and enjoy what's quickly becoming another disappointing season?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So, looks like it will be Howlett, Chapman, Winderlich. On the big ground (suits us this year IMO) with the big crowd with our hopes at finals on the line.

Myers and Bellchambers with a game back under their belts. Carlisle with some confidence boosting goals (three in his last 5 quarters of footy).

Richmond with a few injuries, niggles, shocking form and a season almost written off.

We should be confident. Experienced mature team for the big game.

In: Chapman, Winderlich, Howlett
Out: Jerrett, Aylett, Daniher

B Fletcher Hooker Baugley
HB Dempsey Hurley Hibberd
C Stanton Watson Heppell
HF Zaharakis Ryder Chapman
F Ambrose Carlisle Winderlich
R Bellchambers Myers Goddard

I Hocking Howlett Melksham Zerrett

I really don't like Daniher out, especially if Carlisle holds his spot. Been our hardest worker in the forward line this year.

Accidentally a words. Guess that invalidates my degree, career and most importantly any opinion I have.

Why don't you keep the Asada talk and coaching discussion to the appropriate threads so the rest of us can talk about the game on hand and try and enjoy what's quickly becoming another disappointing season?
Shame they didn't teach you manners at community college. A simple apology for being a rude prat would have been sufficient.

I really don't like Daniher out, especially if Carlisle holds his spot. Been our hardest worker in the forward line this year.

It'll be interesting to see what happens there, as I wouldn't expect a KPP to wear the green vest every week. Or just go Carlisle, Daniher and Bellchambers up forward and perhaps the extra support might help Joe some?

The corresponding game last year was, IMO, the game that we played our best. I am confident that Richmond's mediocre backline will play our forwards into form...

You're a broken record Rines. We get that you wish Hird was around and you've been a fan of bomber Thompson's coaching this year.

Shame they didn't teach you manners at community college. A simple apology for being a rude prat would have been sufficient.

Ease up.

The corresponding game last year was, IMO, the game that we played our best. I am confident that Richmond's mediocre backline will play our forwards into form...

That was the epitome of a perfect zone defence.

That was the epitome of a perfect zone defence.
We should have won that game by more I think, if anything.

It sort of felt like a firsts v reserves game where the senior team utterly and completely controlled the tempo of the game and kept the reserves at a comfortable arms length.

The budget cuts were bad put surely Melbourne Uni isn't at community college level yet?

Sure thing BtG

Can only hope. First Essendon game I'll be down to see this year - hoping for a big W and seeing Danihers first big bag...

The budget cuts were bad put surely Melbourne Uni isn't at community college level yet?

I don't know.. the Eng facilities are still woeful and Science facilities now surpassed by Monash and U. of Ballarat... so not sure :confused:

At least they have Melb Uni Private to exploit..

Daniher needs to be nursed/managed thru whilst his body is developing. This is an element that cannot be ignored and will contribute to the decision. Development wise we probably don't want him playing every match so it makes sense to leave him out when all the other blokes are fit and available.

In: Winderlich (if fit), Chapman
Out: Ambrose (stays in if Winderlich doesn't come up), Daniher

Stucturally I think we'll be better with the following forwardline:

F: Winderlich, Ryder/Bellchambers, Chapman
HF: Goddard, Carlise, J.Merrett

Winderlich, Goddard and Chapman are all good lead up options meaning Ambrose isn't necessary. Having 2 ruckmen and 2 key forwards is top heavy meaning someone has to make way. Carlisle is more versatile than Daniher currently as he can swing to defence. Daniher can bide his time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back