Preview Essendon vs West Coast (12/5) - General Discussion & Ins and Outs speculation

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Re: Essendon vs West Coast (12/5)

Worse than Darling dived on the ball, tried to place it over the line rugby style, didn't get it over, then lied there whilst being tackled making no effort to get rid of it, only for the umpire to call ball up? Worst decision i've seen this year but hardly surprising given it was West Coast at Subi.

Worst decision of the year was in the GC VS Fremantle - 3 minutes to go - GC leading by 5 - Throw in Freo forward pocket - Griffin takes the ball from a throw in - Dispossessed - Clear free kick - PLAY ON - 2 seconds later Brennan is pinged for incorrect disposal - which was there.

Cost GC the win.

B.Scott coach of the Kangaroos made his displeasure known at the high contact free kicks payed to the WC at the after match press conference.

This could be a frustrating game.

Well it's hard to argue career best form Jimi and I'm in no way blaming the Doggies, I'm blaming Josh Hill.

He had, what, three/four years under Eade? There's no way a guy with that much talent to burn could say he was putting in 100% at his previous club what with the form he has now as opposed to the form we know him for.

Three years of complancency/piss weak effort and now this??
I bet Doggies fans are filthy and so they should be.

All i'm saying is that he is 6 games into his career at West Coast. Premature to suggest that he has turned a corner. He was pretty good early on at the Doggies (first couple of years).

I'd argue with 'career best form' also. He is in career best goal kicking form but that is because he is playing closer to goal at the Eagles.

All i'm saying is that he is 6 games into his career at West Coast. Premature to suggest that he has turned a corner. He was pretty good early on at the Doggies (first couple of years).

I'd argue with 'career best form' also. He is in career best goal kicking form but that is because he is playing closer to goal at the Eagles.

Think you will find that his pressure acts, one per centers are up on career averages.

He is using his tank more effectively during games - Is moving up and down the ground more.

He is playing a more rounded game.

It may be that the WC system suits his style of play.

Think you will find that his pressure acts, one per centers are up on career averages.

He is using his tank more effectively during games - Is moving up and down the ground more.

He is playing a more rounded game.

It may be that the WC system suits his style of play.

Or the fact he's home too I suppose?
Either that or he's realised he could not possibly be further away from Rodney Eade.

Even with both teams suffering lots of injuries I feel this will be our first loss for the year. I sure hope not but I think Bombers will come out firing. We looked a bit tired against North!

Well I reckon Doggies supporters will be looking at him and scratching their heads saying 'Where the **** was this guy for the past three years?'
Disappointing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got 33.6k at this same fixture last season which was our lowest attended home game for the year. From memory it was held on a mothers day and may have kept a few at home.

Got 33.6k at this same fixture last season which was our lowest attended home game for the year. From memory it was held on a mothers day and may have kept a few at home.

Was also a 1.10 start which often draws a lower crowd.

The 36k+ yesterday against Brisbane was a fantastic crowd.

I really can't wait until Saturday night and its still ages away! Hope we can put in another good 4 quarter effort as we did yesterday.

Reckon this could be our second biggest game at Etihad with the Hawthorn game being first.

Going to take a stab at a massive crowd of 47k, get along everyone! :thumbsu:

Ha! The chick in the video reminds me of, well.... me. But, without the dress of course.
In the space of the final 5-6 minutes I lost my voice, got a friend to leave the room for her fear of going deaf and im pretty sure I might have made a baby cry from the adjoining apartment.

Footy, it will be the death of me (by heart attack).

Back on topic, Im soooooo looking forward to this match against WC. Im of the opinion we are in a serious chance of hitting mid season with just the one loss if we can beat the Weagles. Im even more so excited at the prospect of the players soon to be available for selection. I think that even with the massive soft tissue issues we have had, we are lucky that we are now in the situation that if someone else does go down we have a ready replacement pretty much in waiting.

Kerr was completely taken out of the game by Bastinac running around with him all day, expecting Hocking to do the same blanketing job plus be more damaging going the other way..

Massive task for Bellchambers (or Hille if fit?) on Cox, HMac is a big, strong lad but was getting dominated by Cox. Also gave away lots of rucking infringements, have to watch the tape to make sure our rucks dont fall for the same trap..

Petrie however, did much better when he had a shot in the ruck, may have just been that he was bit fresher..

Monfries to Hurn is a good call, they kept looking for him to give off handballs to provide drive from HB, even ran down the ground for a cheeky goal.

Hope Pears is well rested and ready to dominate Darling.

Glass off with his hand heavily iced.

Glass is fine, hand injury was A Selwood (split webbing)

Yeah not confident at all tbh. We've had a tough few weeks and there was a lot of tired looking blokes out there today. I reckon you guys by a couple of goals.

Might re assess when the teams are announced. Woosh said basically nic was tight at the end of the Richmond game, but played it out. Kept him out this week as a precaution. So hopefully we'll have him back. Always takes it to the next level against you guys

Well I reckon Doggies supporters will be looking at him and scratching their heads saying 'Where the **** was this guy for the past three years?'
Disappointing.

Or they could be thinking 'this is all too familiar'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back