earlsta

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 28, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
76ers
I'm just so annoyed reading the national forums regarding best young lists, etc we're not even mentioned!

Can a mod move this to rendells draft thread if your gonnan lock this, thanks

IMO we've saved ourselves about 2-3 years with all the KPP's we've drafted over the last few years..our defence and fwd line is pretty much set for the next decade I'd imagine, it's always hard drafting gun mids when we're always finishing in the finals year after year..

I'm just so pissed off that nobody rates us or mentions us having a good midfield. We had such a terrible year this year but still managed to finish 12th or whatever it was, I think a lot of teams will be suprised about us next year.
People are saying we're going to miss Edwards, Goody and Mcleod..but no..we follow our games constantly and we know for the last 2-3 years we haven't really depended on those guys playing in the engine room, we've been developing our younger players.
Wild cards that could come out of our engine room are Sloane and Martin, underrated, especially Martin, he got a ****-ton of clearances against St.Kilda in RD22, that's impressive and I believe he can take it to the next level.

We're lucky that we just need to develop a few mids over the next couple of years.. I believe the hard parts already set in stone, would opposition coaches be underating us? Doubt it after how we played against Collingwood, Geelong and St kilda late last year.

Bring on 2011..

I'm just so annoyed reading the national forums regarding best young lists, etc we're not even mentioned!

I'm just so pissed off that nobody rates us or mentions us having a good midfield.
Why, might I ask? Do you get some kind of addictive orgasm when anybody outside of your supporters mentions Adelaide?
You know where your club sits, and if it is true then you will get the recognition you're looking for when you start performing. To be honest, I think the crows always get a good wrap from other supporters when there's a thread about good young lists/players etc..

No, I just think if people are going to name 8 teams with the best young lists, we should be included, I don't think we overate our list too much.

You know where your club sits, and if it is true then you will get the recognition you're looking for when you start performing

Bingo.

Although, you guys have performed quite well under Craig's regime in terms of not bottoming out- that however, may also be the reason as to why you suddenly dropped away among other things in season 2010.

Having said that Rendell has done some wonderful recruiting.

On-field results will do all the talking.

I don't underestimate the Crows, some perceptions are hard to shake, we were often called ageing here in Melbourne by blow-hard commentators when we were fielding one of the youngest sides in the AFL.

Our club had to constantly remind people of the age/experience of our list and I think it only dawned on some experts this year, which is year 4 in the rebuild phase.

For some reason commentators think competitive can not also be young or a handful of good experienced players means you don't have good young players.

People are saying we're going to miss Edwards, Goody and Mcleod..but no..we follow our games constantly and we know for the last 2-3 years we haven't really depended on those guys playing in the engine room, we've been developing our younger players.

well Adelaide already miss those three, they were all great in 09 when adelaide played finals and dropped off this year and u didnt play finals :eek:

well Adelaide already miss those three, they were all great in 09 when adelaide played finals and dropped off this year and u didnt play finals :eek:
I think you know there is more to the picture then just those three as to why we didn't follow up our 09 season. ;)

I would rather us be 'underrated' and see us prove everyone wrong compared to last year where everyone 'overrated' us having us in the top 4 and it turning out to be a year of disappointment.

I get annoyed at people on the Crows board over estimating our youth, yes its good but alot of it is very untried and untested yet. Plenty of work to be done. Dont forget every club that has drafted players in the top 30 the past few years will think they have the next superstar on their hands.

I think you know there is more to the picture then just those three as to why we didn't follow up our 09 season. ;)

I would rather us be 'underrated' and see us prove everyone wrong compared to last year where everyone 'overrated' us having us in the top 4 and it turning out to be a year of disappointment.

I love the situation as it is. I agree with those who say we need to let our results do the talking! Let's come out and ambush the beggars! It will be fun to watch the skeptics and insulated Melbourne know alls trying to cover their butts and make excuses for how they failed to see us coming. Sit back and enjoy the ride! ;):p:thumbsu:

don't be daft.

all that matters ia results, and if we want respect we need to earn it on the field and not in a BF circle jerk.
Summed up pretty well.

I could care less where the BF mob rate Adelaide.....they seemed to have us rated rather highly last year....:(

There'll be hundreds more which teams, who's list etc threads over the offseason, and none of them mean anything.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

results = success and success = respect

in 2010 we lost respect and rightfully so and in 2011 we have some work to do to win back respect

I have no issue with that

Out : Goodwin Edwards McLeod
In : Martin Otten and Knights...

That's fine by me. :thumbsu:

I doubt the Crows would be underrated within the footy fraternity. One of the best lists for kids and development regimes out there.

Muppets on big footy only have memorys going back to last Thursday.

I get annoyed at people on the Crows board over estimating our youth, yes its good but alot of it is very untried and untested yet. Plenty of work to be done. Dont forget every club that has drafted players in the top 30 the past few years will think they have the next superstar on their hands.

Very true. I think if you ask any supporter from any club about their list, they'll say they believe it can take their club to a premiership in the near future.

I think the current perception of where we sit in regards to next year is just about right. Some people have us playing finals next year; others have us just missing out. In all honesty, I wouldn't be suprised if we ended up doing either. We've lost some considerable experience from our side and it's how the young players deal with that void that will determine where we finish.

Summed up pretty well.

I could care less where the BF mob rate Adelaide.....they seemed to have us rated rather highly last year....:(

There'll be hundreds more which teams, who's list etc threads over the offseason, and none of them mean anything.

I really don't understand this saying, surely if you could care less about something, then there is some level of caring about said thing, more than is required in fact. Surely "couldn't" care less is more accurate?

Anyway, back on topic. Seriously? Inferiority complex much? Who cares what a bunch of people sitting behind laptops think of the Crows? I know I get more satisfaction out of us winning games and performing on the field than I do reading that some bloke from Bendigo rates our list.

Probably bigger things out there to worry about :thumbsu: Just sit back and enjoy watching the young blokes develop, nobody will be underrating us in a couple of years.

I'm quite happy for us to be rated low. Ever since Craig took the reigns we have been rated outside the top 8 except for last year when we were rated top 4. Every year we pushed top 4 except last year. Bring on the baggers I say, It seems to work for us.

I really don't understand this saying, surely if you could care less about something, then there is some level of caring about said thing, more than is required in fact. Surely "couldn't" care less is more accurate?

Anyway, back on topic. Seriously? Inferiority complex much? Who cares what a bunch of people sitting behind laptops think of the Crows? I know I get more satisfaction out of us winning games and performing on the field than I do reading that some bloke from Bendigo rates our list.

Probably bigger things out there to worry about :thumbsu: Just sit back and enjoy watching the young blokes develop, nobody will be underrating us in a couple of years.

Im pretty sure from the rest of Wall-e's post he meant couldn't.

I know a few Adelaide supporters who don't mind the almost perenial lack of fair valuation of the AFC, they have gotten better odds when they punt a few times!

Alot of the valuations of lists is heavily influenced by reputation and hype, something the national press doesn't promote concerning things South Australian, thus most of the " valuers" opinions are based on being misinformed/mislead! can and has lead to egg on face!
That is my take on it!

I know where our list sits right now, and I couldn't be more happier with the shape it is in. After 2010, of course no one will rate us, we have to earn that respect back in 2011 with results, which I reckon we will.:thumbsu:

I posted this thread because of all the hype people have been giving Melb, Richmond, North et al...loook where are the results:?
They have drafted great players no doubt about it..

BUT

look at us...surely Davis will make it..Tippet will and Walker will...there is 3 KPP spots that can be held for 10years...that's all the hard work done, we know how good these guys are.
Our midfield is lacking atm though, no doubt about it..however this can be fixed within a year or two easily. I still think Martin is a wildcard, seriously he is, he's got buckets and buckets of talent, don't forget he's played under 5 games and has made an incredible fist of it so far.

I posted this thread because of all the hype people have been giving Melb, Richmond, North et al...loook where are the results:?
They have drafted great players no doubt about it..

BUT

look at us...surely Davis will make it..Tippet will and Walker will...there is 3 KPP spots that can be held for 10years...that's all the hard work done, we know how good these guys are.
Our midfield is lacking atm though, no doubt about it..however this can be fixed within a year or two easily. I still think Martin is a wildcard, seriously he is, he's got buckets and buckets of talent, don't forget he's played under 5 games and has made an incredible fist of it so far.
'
I think they will be stars too, but dont forget one Trent Hentschel. He was looking like a 10 year star.

Remove this Banner Ad

Everyone is underestimating us

Remove this Banner Ad

Back