Ex St Kilda recruiter Chris Toce is going to fix everything?

Remove this Banner Ad

People underestimate Clarke a fair bit. Was very good at finding gems later in the draft.

However, Toce has a good record from a very limited sample size. Will get an easier ride thasn Clarke with so many early picks to come over te next three years.

this might be the biggest dud draft since 1989 when we took richard lounder

none of the draftees fill me with confidence, I think the grass roots is suffering from the stand rule / over umpiring/ cte era
Nothing fills you with confidence apart from a 2020 September slab of VB and cream cheese snacks

Mathew Clarke was poached by West coast at the start of the year. He was massive in us getting those 3 flags because he made good picks.
Chris Toce was St Kilda's recruiter and all we hear about is them wasting picks and missing out on superstars.
But yes lets trade all our good players for draft picks and let this Toce guy take control of our list.
I cant see anything that could go wrong here :drunk:
He was only there for a couple of years

This draft will be as important to us as the 2004 and 2007 draft

We nail it like 2007 , good times ahead we waste it like 2004 , we are royally screwed
love your work on the crowds board

speaking facts and they cant handle it lol

Mathew Clarke was poached by West coast at the start of the year. He was massive in us getting those 3 flags because he made good picks.
Chris Toce was St Kilda's recruiter and all we hear about is them wasting picks and missing out on superstars.
But yes lets trade all our good players for draft picks and let this Toce guy take control of our list.
I cant see anything that could go wrong here :drunk:
My recollection is that Clarke was an absolute dud, and the recruiting under his tenure as head recruiter was pretty poor.

Go ahead and name all the stars that Clarke selected for our dynasty.
Mute point as when he took over the core of our dynasty was already in place.
Now if you think by some miracle that you can turn high teen draft picks that's at your disposal then knock yourself out.
The Afl system doesn't work that way.
If you want the ELITE you either trade for it or via FA or by some miracle a Rance may come good.

I think the real question should be do we have the coaching set up to develop these players to the level needed?

We all seem to blame or praise head recruiters as if they seem to be the only one who has an impact on a players career.
Major issue for me , but Morris has been fantastic. Said it a number of times club needs to invest in the footy department and get the best around Yze.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bizarre thread. Toce nailed the mid season draft with Gray and Blight. And he hasn’t done a national draft yet. OP probably needs to go have a lie down.

I see alot of talk about the past. Time to move fwd folks or you will be stuck in 2017 like the 1990s ans 2000s fans were stuck in 1980.

To answer the OP, who knows? Uncertainty is part of the journey. It keeps it interesting.

It's a massive opportunity. Let's have a crack!
I am very much looking fwd to the off season, trade week and draft. Good times ahead.

Bizarre thread. Toce nailed the mid season draft with Gray and Blight. And he hasn’t done a national draft yet. OP probably needs to go have a lie down.
I’m glad you posted this as I wanted to, but was worried about being yelled down.

If West Coast get Jack Graham because of Matt Clarke as the rumours suggest for a possible 3rd rounder compo, we've already won.

Clarke was awesome at picking rookies and late picks , but I reckon he burnt almost every first round pick he had
Some think you can get Elite while your in the middle of a premiership run.
Laughable.

Bonkers man.

How anyone can stick up for Clarke with his record is beyond me. He was arrogant too, always thinking he was smarter than all other recruiters. Picking a guy most rated later, earlier to seem like he knew something others didn’t. Trading that Holmes pick to Geelong another bonehead move.

Toce who knows? But his MSD was spot on and his limited time as head recruiter at Saints looks good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ex St Kilda recruiter Chris Toce is going to fix everything?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back