Ex St Kilda recruiter Chris Toce is going to fix everything?

Remove this Banner Ad

We’re a woke football club and board TB. 😜

Ain’t that the truth. We aren’t a footy club anymore either. It’s not our primary use of business. We are a community club first. Looking at woke agenda items. That’s the priority. Footy, second. Or third.

This board? Well if your opinion differs it’s always been quick to ridicule but I find that most enjoyable.

Not saying Clarke was great but I do recall Dimma saying post 2017 that he wants draftees that can play straight away. Did that affect who was chosen - probably.

St. Kilda have some decent kids.

Such an important period for Toce and Blair get it right and we will prepare to launch , the std of top sides ain’t what it used to be , u simply don’t win b2b flags with frampton as your key forward but they’re a measuring stick so get our list right and a better run of a healthy list and we ll soon see light at the end of the tunnel

If West Coast get Jack Graham because of Matt Clarke as the rumours suggest for a possible 3rd rounder compo, we've already won.
we couldve had a first for him 2 years ago

Bonkers man.

How anyone can stick up for Clarke with his record is beyond me. He was arrogant too, always thinking he was smarter than all other recruiters. Picking a guy most rated later, earlier to seem like he knew something others didn’t. Trading that Holmes pick to Geelong another bonehead move.

Toce who knows? But his MSD was spot on and his limited time as head recruiter at Saints looks good.
why did they give him the arse ?

Geelong manage to do it. Sydney too (with some academy help).
Cats have got a couple in Dempsey & what's his name the winger I admit but like Rance but if they were regarded as Elite at the time they'd go alot higher than 18ish.
So 4 out of over 50 kids in that range isn't a good percentage of success
Swans geez wish we had those types in our academy.

One person alone isn’t going to fix everything.
Just like not one person fixed everything in 2017.
From Benny, Peggy, dimma, balmey and our shrewd drafting, particularly in the rookie draft during a compromised era with expansion teams, we achieved success with multiple wonderful contributions.
This is the only way we can claw back.
Needs to be a concerted effort of appointing the right people.
Can we do it?
I don’t know.

Bizarre thread. Toce nailed the mid season draft with Gray and Blight. And he hasn’t done a national draft yet. OP probably needs to go have a lie down.
How can you say he nailed it by picking gray? That’s bizarre in itself.
He passed on Davidson who is the only vfl player to have been invited to the combine.
He should have picked up davidson, or at least used a third pick pick to get him.
Some other club will get him and he would be a very very handy swing man for us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He passed on Davidson who is the only vfl player to have been invited to the combine.
He should have picked up davidson, or at least used a third pick pick to get him.
Some other club will get him and he would be a very very handy swing man for us.

Blair made the list decision for spaces. Toce had two picks. O

Blair made the list decision for spaces. Toce had two picks. O
Even the 2 picks is going to make Blair's life a nightmare in October. We have so many picks and need to cull 2 just to get the list back to the maximum allowed. I'm surprised we even took 2.

Even the 2 picks is going to make Blair's life a nightmare in October. We have so many picks and need to cull 2 just to get the list back to the maximum allowed. I'm surprised we even took 2.
Six month contracts mean we can delist both players

But we picked them expecting them to be good long term players.
I like blight and cannot understand why he is not in the senior side.
Davidson will come back to haunt us, but hey, I’m just a pleb.

Grays form was great in the VFL before he did hos hamstring. And we passed on the third pick. We all wanted Davidson. No one knows “the why” we didn’t use that pick. So dunno why you would think the Grey pick was “bizarre”.

I like blight and cannot understand why he is in the senior side.
Davidson will come back to haunt us, but hey, I’m just a pleb.
Yeah he might. I'm surprised we took him over Gray tbh. Gray is better than I thought but would be a shock to get a KPF from a second round MSD pick. Toce is a genius if that happens.

Grays form was great in the VFL before he did hos hamstring. And we passed on the third pick. We all wanted Davidson. No one knows “the why” we didn’t use that pick. So dunno why you would think the Grey pick was “bizarre”.
I thought it was bizarre you said we nailed the mid season draft when we clearly haven’t.
But this is why I love this forum. And I feel I can be a little more nitpicky with you because we know each other.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ex St Kilda recruiter Chris Toce is going to fix everything?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back