Ex St Kilda recruiter Chris Toce is going to fix everything?

Remove this Banner Ad

Finn is the standout on last years form no doubt. He is also at his best, the most complete kid in the draft. He’s got all the intangibles that you need to build around.

Kid has so much upside as he’s never been part of a professional set up. No elite pathway either. He’s shown to me with his upside there’s something to work with. Yes we need a new fitness team.

Agreed but at Pick one I’m not sure how you draft him on this years form.

Tugga. No doubt.

There’s so many in this draft that could develop into A+ elites.

FOS is the most complete. Smilie at his best you can project to be the most dominant. Lalor has shown Dusty and Petracca moments. He could be anything.

All three had down years. All three have had injuries. It’s a damn shame. If all were at their best this draft would have the most top end talent.

Whether they are at their best or not this year will have no bearing on if they are top end talents

Either they are or they are not .

Whether they are at their best or not this year will have no bearing on if they are top end talents

Either they are or they are not .

Thats not true. We are basing more of our thoughts on their underage years and some moments.

Recruiting is not an exact science but there has to be evidence and data in your choices.

What we have this year is the top three in my opinion all having mainly down years. So not a lot of positive data to pull the trigger in at number one. But we may have to and it will be bloody brave to do so.

This draft is scary imho bc it’s so even. Are there just average young kids playing against average young kids or
A plus kids playing against A plus kids?

These are the hardest drafts to nail and that’s a worry for me as some of these kids who appear to be good now may not mature into much more. I wish Toce the best bc it’s a difficult initiation test for him. I’m still confident with him after the mid season draft as Gray was an amazing pick and Blight wasn’t far behind. I see so much talent and upside in Gray that he could be a top grade Ruck/ Forward.

Last edited:
This draft is scary imho bc it’s so even. Are there just average young kids playing average young kids or

These are the hardest drafts to nail and that’s a worry for me as some of these kids who appear to be o good now may not mature into much more. I wish Toce the best bc it’s a difficult initiation test for him. I’m still confident with him after the mid season draft as Gray was an amazing pick and Blight wasn’t far behind. I see so much talent and upside in Gray that he could be a top grade Ruck/ Forward.
we are farrked, worst draft since that spud mcgrath went 1

Played 100 more games than our Dustin and could’ve played another 100 more floating around the BL . Samson Ryan got three years for doing a shit load less. 😝
Could have played 700 because he never touched an opponent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

just to think if this happened to us a year earlier we wouldve had harley reid

fk u dumma ya cint

It’s so interesting when people refer to Harley Reid.

I spoke to tigs2010 on this and I didn’t think the gap between FOS last year and Reid was as big as made out. Was like comparing Cotch vs Dusty.

It’s so interesting when people refer to Harley Reid.

I spoke to tigs2010 on this and I didn’t think the gap between FOS last year and Reid was as big as made out. Was like comparing Cotch vs Dusty.
Reid and Dusty were playing AFL in their mother’s wombs they’re so good. Sorry TB that’s an Italian line we use in our family when people are well above anyone at something.

Last edited:
i am the real oracle Tiges1229

He didn't even last that long

Black Ink Crew Laughing GIF by VH1

This draft is scary imho bc it’s so even. Are there just average young kids playing against average young kids or

These are the hardest drafts to nail and that’s a worry for me as some of these kids who appear to be good now may not mature into much more. I wish Toce the best bc it’s a difficult initiation test for him. I’m still confident with him after the mid season draft as Gray was an amazing pick and Blight wasn’t far behind. I see so much talent and upside in Gray that he could be a top grade Ruck/ Forward.
One of the seasons major disappointments that he severely injured the hammy , would have loved to see him get a taste ,was tracking very nicely , wonder if he plays in VFL finals , prob not worth the risk

Remove this Banner Ad

Ex St Kilda recruiter Chris Toce is going to fix everything?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back