Event Exhibition Match: Poland Devils versus Roys FFC & Friends (& enemies (& randoms))

Remove this Banner Ad

I've instructed the boys to focus on their game, and not engage in any argy-bargy stuff. They tend to be overzealous on the violent part of the game and can often lose focus. But this is just an exhibition game, so we're sticking to our usual plan of careless coat-hangers and filthy kicking in dangers.
Ned_Flanders is my team mate bless his little moustache
But feel free to kick him right in the dangers 👍🏻 He’s a private school пороть

I like you 🤗

MoscowHawk is going to be a fantastic addition to the Roys next season...

He'll be able to abuse people in multiple languages - and given some sides are so stupid they don't understand abuse in English - they'll be completely confused by it !!

MoscowHawk is going to be a fantastic addition to the Roys next season...

He'll be able to abuse people in multiple languages - and given some sides are so stupid they don't understand abuse in English - they'll be completely confused by it !!
ivan_scheme.gif

I've instructed the boys to focus on their game, and not engage in any argy-bargy stuff. They tend to be overzealous on the violent part of the game and can often lose focus. But this is just an exhibition game, so we're sticking to our usual plan of careless coat-hangers and filthy kicking in dangers.

BA69A1F3-3652-44DB-84BE-9AC4F5935F81.gif

Tonga Bob is going to get destroyed....

Ah well, I had a good run.

This Sunday at 10PM lots of Australian Time, 9PM Brisbane Time, 12 noon Poland Time & some other weird times that I can't decipher like WA & SA, the Polish Devils will be visiting the Brunswick Junction Oval to play a match of Sim Qooty versus a concoction derived from Roys and other selected players league-wide.

This has come about via a bit of offhand chat with some guys in Poland ( MoscowHawk & AFLPoland ) where some of the fastest growing overseas aussie rules footy has been happening recently. Poland has about 4 teams running around with another 1 or 2 getting off the ground as well. They've been playing games versus Austrian teams, Czech teams, German teams, Russian teams & more!

Poland have provided us with a list of 20 that they say will take us to the cleaners!

The Roys & Co team still has a couple of slots left so pipe up if you want in!

I'll be simming the match and posting it here. I would have played it in our Team Thread but as we have the most active team in the league our Team Thread is currently busy exploring multiple philosophical and scientific hypotheses right now so we're gonna play this match out here in the open. We do not necessarily expect the Polish players to show up in this thread to chat, due to the Qooty Equation:
1. Develop an interest in a weird foreign sport
2. Get involved in playing it
3. Understand the concept of supporting footy without knowing anything other than playing it
4. Understand the concept of argy-bargy among supporters without No3.
5. Get a grasp on a role-playing simulated version of the game
6. Understand the lingo of the game without even having English as a first language
7. If having English at all
8. Not to mention Australian English
9. Not to mention footy slang
10. Not to mention meme-esque aussie rules footy slang
11. Not to mention meme-esque aussie rules footy sim slang

But of course, everybody is welcome!

So, yeah. There it is.

Current Team Line-Ups :
Roys FFC:
---------
B. Aristotle Pickett - Tarkyn_24 - GWS Goose
HB. dingster - Supersuns - omgfridge
C. Ned_Flanders - mooch - barrybran
HF. Cats_R_Cool_4_Ever - Tonga Bob - Headless
F. Lore - Wosh - zackah

Foll: Chipmunk hotchilli Bastyy
Int: teddougchris , ninjaswan
Unplaced:
Tentative:
Not Tentative but won't say where: chipmunk

Poland:
-------
B. Latawski - Staliś - Płuziński
HB. Rużanowski - Nogalski - Głogowski
C. Nowak - Łysy - Bartkiewicz
HF. Czerwiński - Pilichiewicz - Bieda
F. Bieniek - Kowalik - Horynek

Foll: Król, Szeniec-Kiedrzyński, Krupa
Int: Skibiński, Jarosiński
Supps: Głogowski, Lipiński

The Roys played a match versus a Russian lineup a couple seasons back and that was a great success (in my head). This will be our second instalment in a series of inviting weird people from a weird country to play our weird game in our weird fantasy league!

Enjoy :)
For the sake of Witold Pilecki, let me in!

For the sake of Witold Pilecki, let me in!
How about next season we go over to your part of the world :)
Colombia have a league, and they sometimes play against teams from Chile and Peru!
East side had some footy too but not sure if its still going.

Colombia have a league, and they sometimes play against teams from Chile and Peru!
Can we swing by Colombia?

1639567845336.png
1639568545125.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just a reminder, folks. This match will be played at around middayish on Sunday for those in Poland, which will meet with approx 10ish at night for east coast Australia.

Status update for
- Roys captains pretend & real TedDougChris & hotchilli (it's a coin toss as to which is which).
- Polish coaching team MoscowHawk & AFLPoland

Both team sheets are now locked in place, no late changes from this point. Apologies to the Polish guys who have accents of any kind in the lettering of their names, as the software used to simulate the match on Sunday was converting each of these characters to border graphics eg "╡" . I've used the visually simplistic replacements (sans accents), and yes I know half of you will now sound different! But most of your opponents don't know how to pronounce Nowak with or without any special characters so overall the damage shouldn't be too serious. :)

lineup.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Event Exhibition Match: Poland Devils versus Roys FFC & Friends (& enemies (& randoms))

Remove this Banner Ad

Back