• Possibly 8th

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 4 11.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

One thing that sticks out to me this year is that we have dropped basically every game where we were favourites on paper - we were underdogs in every win aside from Richmond. That includes pretty bad home losses against North and the Saints. Yesterday's odds were probably not accurate in hindsight but we still really dropped the ball in how badly we played.

While I'm not expecting a lot of improvement next year there is probably some scope to just actually hold it together in the games we should be winning at home while snagging a couple of upsets so we probably land in the 5-7 win bracket again. That and another solid percentage improvement would be a good starting point.

BW just isn't the answer.

He will run through a brick wall for the club but he continually gets destroyed by good ruckman.
As shown yesterday.

He could potentially be the dumbest ruck ever. His advantage over other rucks is his leap and time and time again yesterday he tried to body Pitonett at CBA’s playing to his opponents strength.

He could potentially be the dumbest ruck ever. His advantage over other rucks is his leap and time and time again yesterday he tried to body Pitonett at CBA’s playing to his opponents strength.

New rules don’t help him. In fact they neutralise his only real advantage.

The most successful rucks from now on will be the Sean Darcy/Nankervis types.

Barnett hasn’t shown that kind of game so far, either.

New rules don’t help him. In fact they neutralise his only real advantage.

The most successful rucks from now on will be the Sean Darcy/Nankervis types.

Barnett hasn’t shown that kind of game so far, either.

But why did he start next to him at the CBAs instead of on the opposite side so he could run and jump.

I hope he makes it cause we really got nothing else, but yesterday I was dumbfounded

Until the club prioritises honesty and genuine want to get better there will be no improvement apart from individuals like Reid and waterman.

Leadership and standards like Mitchell has done at Hawthorn. We might return to finals around 2030. If that's the case Reid will be gone by 2027.

The end of 2023 felt like we were starting to get things happening a tiny bit and there was optimism for 2024.

The end to 2024 has been fairly underwhelming, flat and garbage effort based so really don't know what to think of 2025.

Hopefully no injuries over pre season to start with, a couple of good kids in the draft and 1 or 2 established trades.

We won't be getting out of the bottom 4 in 2025 though me thinks.

Sent from my SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Would be surprised if we got the same amount of wins next year to be honest.

We have got to depths of Lol Norf where it doesn't matter which coach we will get we will still be crap....

How to get out of it I really don't know to be honest maybe player driven or peptides **** knows

for mine, our midfield set up and player roles need to be clearly defined and understood.
when our midfield is off we consistently get smashed.
that's footy, dud mid drafting since Shuey was drafted. Any coach employed at the club must be replaced as the voice isn't listened to. Line coaches play a major direct role and all must go.

We must haver a functioning reserves inorder to develop players.

Our list management has been unimaginably poor for a decade or more.

Saw this on the pos and neg thread and despite being reasonably close in stats the main thing Cats excelled at was... GUT RUNNING.

Just running back and forth to dangerous spots while we guard space.

The really good sides make space

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our minimum aim should be to get out of the bottom four. However with a new coach, gameplan and a handful of new players, anything could happen. Scraping into the finals isn't the mountain people make it out to be. Some very average teams make finals.

The end of 2023 felt like we were starting to get things happening a tiny bit and there was optimism for 2024.

The end to 2024 has been fairly underwhelming, flat and garbage effort based so really don't know what to think of 2025.

Hopefully no injuries over pre season to start with, a couple of good kids in the draft and 1 or 2 established trades.

We won't be getting out of the bottom 4 in 2025 though me thinks.

Going to be stuck in the bottom 4 for years IMO...or always out of the eight.

We just cant compete compared to other clubs they just develop players better than us.

Really worried that with no finals coming up in the forseeable future we are going to see a generation of players who will not experience a grand final

Hope to see some changes from Pyke this offseason. He started mid jan 2024, so now has a whole off/preseason to shake things up - get the best head coach, review assistant coaches, fix up the beagles disaster finally, get a decent ruckman (or sort out our current ruck problem), improve the midfield/add more cream, win more games than 2024, less blow outs - easy peasy, get to it!!

Our interim head coach was/is our midfield coach-our midfield has sucked for ages! Our stoppages coach is our best ex-midfielder with no coaching experience, learning on the job? Why didn't we get in a proven stoppages coach with experience, jobs for the boys?

Im not sure if we will improve with wins or percentage.

I just want to see actual meaningful change.

Cripp, darling & sheed to make way for youth.

Kelly not playing as an inside mid.

Harley to get to work on fitness and two way running.

Chesser & bazzo to do a waterman and realise they are at the crossroads.

An injury free hewett would be handy too.

Im not sure if we will improve with wins or percentage.

I just want to see actual meaningful change.

Cripp, darling & sheed to make way for youth.

Kelly not playing as an inside mid.

Harley to get to work on fitness and two way running.

Chesser & bazzo to do a waterman and realise they are at the crossroads.

An injury free hewett would be handy too.
As if Harleys two way running is a concern. Who gives a **** about his defensive running.

We are already behind the eight ball in regards to the fixture.....SA clubs get a extra home game due to gather round.....why can't we ??? would really like to see the club fight for this

Otherwise just think with the factors of a young list ....a lack of talent in the list and senior players getting older..

I just can't see us improving anytime soon

I want us (Pyke) to really push for the blocks of games at home thing

Play 3 games In WA then have a block on the road and hub.

Eg

rd1 Gabba
rd2 SCG
rd3 MCG
rd4 OPTUS derby
rd5 OPTUS
rd6 OPTUS
rd7 OPTUS

That way it takes the load off travel and guys can bond etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Expectations for Next Year - wins/losses