Coaching Staff Eye on our Coaching (Ratten, Lade, Batchelor, Slater sign on)

Remove this Banner Ad

I like Richo and think he has to stay but assistant coaches need to be shuffled, which is always the case anyway. Hamill and Frawley in particular.
We're on the right track.
This sounds fair. Needs some freshening up as assistant coaches.

We have a 2018 like this year i.e we have stagnated, and Richo rightly should be under pressure.

2017 was always a development year with finals a bonus.

2018 has to be finals or hard questions to be asked of the senior coach.

We have a 2018 like this year i.e we have stagnated, and Richo rightly should be under pressure.

2017 was never a development year. The aim was finals.

The strategy is top 4 in 2018 and then a flag in 2020. You can't go from development to top 4 in one off season

The strategy is top 4 in 2018 and then a flag in 2020. You can't go from development to top 4 in one off season
Absolutely, Finals were explicitly stated by the Club to be the goal this year, in terms of the development of the list, and in preparation for a serious tilt at the flag over the next 3 years.

There's no getting around it, if we don't play finals this year, the year has failed to live up to the expectations of the club, and many fans.

Why? If we got Kelly and Martin I'm pretty sure you could. I don't think we can get Martin but Kelly could help get us close as long as a few younger ones come on. Melbourne may nearly do what you are suggesting you cant this year.

And no team had won the flag from outside the Top 4.
Or no team had ever lost the first 6 matches of the year to then make the finals.

And no team had won the flag from outside the Top 4.
Or no team had ever lost the first 6 matches of the year to then make the finals.
And no team ever was losing at 3/4 time in the Grand Final and won it...

Oh...

Dagnamit...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our players are average because our recruiting staff suck and our development sucks.
The Mgt and Footy Dept sign off on these appointments and strategies.
Seaford also is a huge liability.
We are an average suburban standard club.
So I guess it's a Melbourne rebound then..?

Not sure this is Richo's fault but we take players off when the games on the line: Carlisle off the gound too much & Longer as well just when Sydney got a goal we make a change and allow them to kick 3 in a row, also why was Steven starting in a forward pocket and not on ball ????

Why doesn't Richo show any emotion when we are struggling?
Other coaches can be seen tearing their hair out, on the phone to runners/players or on their white board looking at moves.
Richo just sits there looking at the game doing nothing or does his assistants do all of the above?

Agreed. Still not sure Richo makes it but he's only really had most of one year coaching a competitive team, deserves at least this year before he should be feeling any pressure for his job.

This season has been a failure, and finals were definitely expected by the club. You don't shuffle around assistant coaches- you clean the lot out from the top. We are now heading train-wreck territory and that's when heads roll.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coaching Staff Eye on our Coaching (Ratten, Lade, Batchelor, Slater sign on)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back