Coach Fages and the coaching group

Remove this Banner Ad

Literally the most damian barrett sentence that ever damian barrett'ed. Lots of weird nothing words in the middle of it, to repackage up something already reported by someone else.
So to translate it in English.
Brisbane Lions has offered Scott Sellwood an assistant coaching position.
Brisbane waiting for an answer.

On F1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

So to translate it in English.
Brisbane Lions has offered Scott Sellwood an assistant coaching position.
Brisbane waiting for an answer.

On F1 using BigFooty.com mobile app
But what are these “variety” of reasons DB has mentioned.

Season 17 Episode 10 GIF by The Simpsons

Is Selwood highly regarded? Would prefer Dew if we could get him. Or both.
I believe, as it was reported to me, when I read it with my eye holes, that he was a coach at a previous employer, presumed by others to be Geelong, in the position of primary main midfield coaching assistant, as communicated on bigfooty, prior to our request for engagement of his services.

Scott Selwood has only been coaching with Collingwood for 4 years, starting as their Development Coach and progressing to their Midfield Coach. He is only 33 years old.
I assume this move to us would need to be seen as a more senior role for him to be attracted to the move.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From the Scott Selwood article

Brisbane has already started making enquiries to fill the vacancy they hoped would be filled by Selwood following the departure of Jed Adcock to North Melbourne.

Strategy coach Mark Stone also departed the Lions' football department at the completion of the season. The club is expected to add just one assistant coach rather than two at this stage.

Development coach Dale Morris is understood to have made an impressive start to his time at Brisbane after arriving last year and could be promoted to backline coach following Adcock's move to Arden Street.

Stuart Dew seems to be off our radar now. Wonder if he leaves afl for 12 months?

From the Scott Selwood article

Brisbane has already started making enquiries to fill the vacancy they hoped would be filled by Selwood following the departure of Jed Adcock to North Melbourne.

Strategy coach Mark Stone also departed the Lions' football department at the completion of the season. The club is expected to add just one assistant coach rather than two at this stage.

Development coach Dale Morris is understood to have made an impressive start to his time at Brisbane after arriving last year and could be promoted to backline coach following Adcock's move to Arden Street.
Am I reading that right, in that it might just be an internal promotion for Morris into that role? I was really hoping we could bring in another external appointment tbh but meh if that’s the way it goes, it is what it is I suppose.

Am I reading that right, in that it might just be an internal promotion for Morris into that role? I was really hoping we could bring in another external appointment tbh but meh if that’s the way it goes, it is what it is I suppose.
Who takes the development coaching role then, if Morris does get promoted.

Wonder if any recently retired AFL players from Victoria would be interested in becoming development coaches for us.

I mentioned last year, I think it might have been around Brownlow time, that some of the FoxSports reporters were having a discussion about how hard it is for Brisbane/Fagan to attract quality assistant coaches up to Brisbane.

Simply because we’re outside the bubble.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back