Coach Fages and the coaching group

Remove this Banner Ad

After seeing how Vossy is doing well at Carlton, I'd rather look at Buckley for us than CScott. Chris has scaled the premiership peak twice so I fear he might see this as a good retirement top up. I want someone with fire in the belly or unfinished business type mentality.
Buckley coming back to Brisbane to win an elusive flag as coach would definitely be an ironic and also a full-circle moment

At the time I always thought it was a mistake we went after Leppa and not Scott. I knew Scott would be a great coach. My mind hasn't swayed. If we get him after Fagan retires then we have done well.

Scott was 3 years into being Geelongs coach when we hired Leppa - can’t see how he would have been a realistic option at the time.

Scott was 3 years into being Geelongs coach when we hired Leppa - can’t see how he would have been a realistic option at the time.

Sorry, I meant the Voss era. I would have groomed Scott up before he was an assistant over in WA and went him instead of Voss. That's what I meant. But Leigh Matthews was the main push for Voss anyway so it wouldn't have happened.

Leppa was given a fence to paint without a brush...so was Vossy to a lesser extent. No $, no resources and no support from the AFL nor the Lions Board who were all dodgy ....the best coach in the coompetition would have failed at that time.

Leppa was given a fence to paint without a brush...so was Vossy to a lesser extent. No $, no resources and no support from the AFL nor the Lions Board who were all dodgy ....the best coach in the coompetition would have failed at that time.
Mighty Lions what are your thoughts on Dale Morris' contribution to the coaching setup both last year and since becoming our backline coach?

On Friday I was particularly impressed with both how organised we looked in defence (which is unusual in preseason) and also how hard our guys scrapped (which is also unusual in preseason) to prevent what appeared to be near-certain Gold Coast goals.

I know it's only one preseason game but curious to know how much of that can/should be attributed to Morris and how much of it is Fagan- or player-driven.

Mighty Lions what are your thoughts on Dale Morris' contribution to the coaching setup both last year and since becoming our backline coach?

On Friday I was particularly impressed with both how organised we looked in defence (which is unusual in preseason) and also how hard our guys scrapped (which is also unusual in preseason) to prevent what appeared to be near-certain Gold Coast goals.

I know it's only one preseason game but curious to know how much of that can/should be attributed to Morris and how much of it is Fagan- or player-driven.
Dont know much about him but the players do respect him and his knowledge of the game.

Our backline on Thursday night was pretty much full strength with the exception of McKenna so I wasn't surprised to see them dominate and run the ball out of defence the way they did particularly against a side with an average forward line.

Sound like a good idea in theory, let’s hope it works.

Interesting in the last paragraph it says that that the game on Friday night is a officially a sell out, had a look last night and there were still tickets available.

Tigers' flag skipper heads north to take up mentor role

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I were the Suns I would have offered Cotchin a Hodge/Lions type deal while he was still playing. I wonder if they did do that and he just knocked them back. I guess it's a real coup for the club to get him in that case.
In a midfield/forward sense, I wouldn’t have really thought there was a need.
In a leadership sense, maybe??
I think he is a great acquisition now though, even if just a part time role.

I loved all the proactive finger pointing and directing to man the next person in the chain. It wasn't even left to senior members, guys like Lohmann were putting pressure as well as looking around yelling at the next bloke to cover down the line options.

I loved all the proactive finger pointing...
allies.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Fages and the coaching group

Remove this Banner Ad

Back