Coach Fages and the coaching group

Remove this Banner Ad

Stewey's actually the best football brain out of anyone in the game who's not a senior coach. IMO.

So it's a step in the right direction to get him on board and hopefully in a larger way ( no pun intended) in 2025.
Am I right in saying he's not involved in game day in any capacity at this stage?

Not a great night with a couple of matchups but apart from that a decent night for the coaches
I think you can always give a pass when changes get made. That first half was obviously not good but if things change after HT, a tick to the coaches.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Obviously watching on tv, but what were the KPD match ups. Looked completely wrong to me.

Seemed like

Joyce on Van Rooyen
Fritsch on Andrews
Starce spent time on Petty and kozzy
Wilmot and McKenna spent time on Kozzy
I think Lester was on Turner but was also on Fritsch when he almost kicked the equalizer late

Starce falsely maligned by King & Montagna (especially King) in the after game review on Fox....... all based on one chase of Pickett ............... most of the other Pickett highlights showed other players playing on Pickett.

Starce falsely maligned by King & Montagna (especially King) in the after game review on Fox....... all based on one chase of Pickett ............... most of the other Pickett highlights showed other players playing on Pickett.

That’s literally the Fox producer who feeds kingy his lines’s MO. Pick 1 clip of a player and pretend the player is trash and that it’s happening at every contest.

Obviously watching on tv, but what were the KPD match ups. Looked completely wrong to me.

Joyce went to Van Rooyen and Lester to Petty. Harris was on Fritsch but I think Fritsch was sent to Harris and not the other way around.

Petty and Van Rooyen played up the ground a lot with Fritsch often the last man back which explains the matchups more.

Watching the replay Starc was better than I thought. All our players seemed to have a shot at Pickett but none played well on him

Starc was very good offensively. Hit his targets very well and was probably our best defender under pressure with the ball with Lester. Didn’t have the best defensive game against Pickett and got switched off but that happens.

Starc was very good offensively. Hit his targets very well and was probably our best defender under pressure with the ball with Lester. Didn’t have the best defensive game against Pickett and got switched off but that happens.

I dare say when he was opposed to Pickett, Pickett got far fewer disposals than when others were on him

Generally when you think our defence plays poorly it’s actually up the ground. Starce has no hope on a player like Pickett if nothing is going on in the midfield. Thought he was good as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Fages and the coaching group

Remove this Banner Ad

Back