Player Watch Father-Son Pick #25 (2019) - Jackson Mead

Remove this Banner Ad

Two positives this year are Mead and Burgoyne consolidating spots in our 22 and playing solid, reliable AFL footy. I haven’t minded Sinn either given from how far back he’s come. They’ve gone some way to cover the disappointment of Bergman, Williams, Marshall, Jones and Georgiades not coming on.

Two positives this year are Mead and Burgoyne consolidating spots in our 22 and playing solid, reliable AFL footy. I haven’t minded Sinn either given from how far back he’s come. They’ve gone some way to cover the disappointment of Bergman, Williams, Marshall, Jones and Georgiades not coming on.
Also loving Mead & Burgoynes progress

Bergman has been sort of OK
Marshall looks lost
Georgiades is hot and cold
Williams has gone backward

But IMO Jones looked really good in the two games prior to his injury. I know its a cliche, but I blame Hinkley. When Charlie is in the side, Hinkleyball takes over, and Marshall and Georiades look lost.

But def love seeing our Father/Son boys cement spots

Reckon at the moment, he wins most improved this year.

Rozee's injury, JHF missing a couple of games, and natural improvement has meant he has spent more time in the middle, where he is a natural.

Reckon at the moment, he wins most improved this year.

Rozee's injury, JHF missing a couple of games, and natural improvement has meant he has spent more time in the middle, where he is a natural.
Agree, he's also playing the high HF role better and linking up between the arcs.

Disposal is still a bit iffy, but some of his work at stoppage and in congestion has been (surprisingly) very good, especially over the last month or so.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disposal is still a bit iffy, but some of his work at stoppage and in congestion has been (surprisingly) very good, especially over the last month or so.
I reckon his disposal is pretty neat although he doesn't have the length in his kicking that I expected. Like Drew, he's pretty good at hitting up the leading forward 50 m target (i.e., Georgiades) as per the goal assist just prior to HT on the weekend.

Does he have a bit of Roger James, not overly fast, but gets the ball in close and can give off. Tidy enough kick also. Has footy smarts

This has always been my comparison as well. Obviously no where near peak Sam Mitchell, but has similarities in style and if he can develop to even half that quality it’s a massive win.

Hes certainly a bit further behind Mitchell at the same age than I had thought.

I thought Mead was a year younger and seemed to remember Mitchell being a slow starter.

Mitchell would have gotten a lot more midfield opportunities at a developing Hawks though.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Father-Son Pick #25 (2019) - Jackson Mead

Remove this Banner Ad

Back