Player Watch Father-Son Pick #60 (2021) - Jase Burgoyne

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, it's Jr Snr Burger and I hate to wonder what happens when his brother makes the list. I think he turns into Snr Snr Burger.

As Cookbook has said, 9 intercepts is very impressive for a tall defender but is a crazy number for a winger.
I think it would be Snr Jnr Snr Burger.

certainly can improve on his damage from kicking and try and change his kick from that loopy one that gives oppo players an opportunity to intercept. But I can’t get over how he just manages to one grab the footy now in every situation. So many times the last few weeks it’s been rolling around like a bar of soap and in comes jase and scoops it up and gets it out.
His tackling is also great as said by others above. The tackle on ginnivan when he tried to get him high and jase just didn’t fall for it was awesome. Jet.

Yeah, it's Jr Snr Burger and I hate to wonder what happens when his brother makes the list. I think he turns into Snr Snr Burger.

As Cookbook has said, 9 intercepts is very impressive for a tall defender but is a crazy number for a winger.
He could be medium senior burger.

With well done senior Burger already done and rare senior burger to come.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I saw his potential in an intra club 2 years ago and me and a mate both went away from that game most impressed with him. He lost confidence for awhile for whatever reason but i think he becomes a serious player. His marking ability has shown through and he should own that wing for the foreseeable future. I think he is an upgrade on Duursma and is better defensively and aerially than Amon was.

iQpua7vPjKPSGhBo7poKBOSm2DY=.gif

I saw his potential in an intra club 2 years ago and me and a mate both went away from that game most impressed with him. He lost confidence for awhile for whatever reason but i think he becomes a serious player. His marking ability has shown through and he should own that wing for the foreseeable future. I think he is an upgrade on Duursma and is better defensively and aerially than Amon was.
I saw the same thing and hoped it would come good and that is "he's just a footballer", something Champion Data struggles to quantify.

I was pretty happy when we got him super late in the draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mentioned in the Richmond game review thread that Jase Burgoyne flew under my radar a bit. I thought he was good, but Kane Cornes gave him 7 votes from the game, basically second best on ground.

Had a look at stats and he had 13 contested possessions in his 24, 7 tackles, 3 clearances. Great blue-collar stats for such a slight player on the wing.

24 disposals yesterday, and 13 were contested. Incredible contested ball numbers from such a lean-framed player, compounded by the fact he's a wingman! Also had 3 clearances.

I won't be surprised to see him play 200 games for the Club. He does all the little things right, many of which you can't coach.

Made the wing his own. Hoping he can become someone like a Josh Daicos type of player.

He just keeps winning contests. And when he doesn't, he often applies a really good tackle. The other thing I love is when he is chasing a ground level ball with an opponent 2 m away from him: clean gather first touch, and then one short step and suddenly he has put a gap on his opponent and speeds away. Playing seriously well.

He just keeps winning contests. And when he doesn't, he often applies a really good tackle. The other thing I love is when he is chasing a ground level ball with an opponent 2 m away from him: clean gather first touch, and then one short step and suddenly he has put a gap on his opponent and speeds away. Playing seriously well.

He's the best tackler in the team and the next best isn't even close.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Father-Son Pick #60 (2021) - Jase Burgoyne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back