Player Watch Father-Son Pick #60 (2021) - Jase Burgoyne

Remove this Banner Ad

Good thing Ken said it last year.
Ken: Hey Jase, work hardery for longery next year
Jase: Okay
Gerard Whateley: This man is the greatest genius the coaching world has ever seen

Unpopular opinion but i think burgoyne should go to half back. i dont trust sinn,dylan williams or dbj. this would leave vaccant wing spot, perfect for rozee. burgyone used to play half back a coupla years ago and was servicebale, is a better player now. and rozee suits an outside role better then a inside. it could be a win win.

Only heard 3 of 4 minutes of Hinkley in his interview in the 5AA studios with Tim and Rowe, but I'm glad I caught them as he said something about Jase that I have totally missed.

He played 100% of game time. That is 28 year old peak Ed Langdon wing man Time On Ground type stats.

Langdon since Melbourne premiership year in 2021 has played the following number of games at 100% and 90%
2021 3 games at 100% and 21 /24 games at 90%+ lowest 83% other two were at 89%
2022 19 games at 100% and 20/23 games at 90%+ lowest was 25% and other two were 89% and 93%
2023 0 games at 100% and 16/25 games at 90%+ lowest was 87% and other eight were 88% or 89%
2024 8 games at 100% and 19/25 games at 90%+ lowest was 84% and other two were 86% and 87%

Langdon was 23 in 2019 and had never spent 100% TOG. He played 68 games for Freo to end of 2019 and had 3 where he went 90%+ TOG and they were all in 2019.

He moved to Melbourne after 2019 season, but 2020 is a useless comparison as COVID affected quarters and the season.

Jase turned 21, 4 or 5 weeks ago.

Boak only spent 76% of time on the ground, on the other wing.

1724838438539.png

He's been building up to it. First 3 games this year were under 80% TOG and only one other under 80% and that was barely, at 78%, but spent 98% of game time on ground against Melbourne 2 weeks so about 3 minutes on the bench, and 90% in the showdown.

1724838598495.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great game by Slim.

Ch 7 have given him the TV for BOG / MVP.

I wonder how much uncle Shaun helped him this week and told him about how the Hawks play and Mitchell coaches?

Only on Peter’s side
How many 20 touch Underage SANFL games did you have?

Shaun was a ‘late’ bloomer, will Silks kids play AFL footy, probably not, if they get a token list spot will they develop highly likely.

How many 20 touch Underage SANFL games did you have?

Shaun was a ‘late’ bloomer, will Silks kids play AFL footy, probably not, if they get a token list spot will they develop highly likely.
Apologies I think you misunderstood as this thread is called Father-Son pick and I was trying to indicate that Shaun’s prodigy are not cutting the mustard currently, which is surprising if you throw in the Phillip’s genes

I'm not sure I've seen a greater divergence between a players physique and gait and their actual output. Just does not look like he has what it takes, but then he monsters a huge tackle or sidesteps and shimmies his way out of trouble and my brain just doesn't want to accept what it's seen.

I'm not sure I've seen a greater divergence between a players physique and gait and their actual output. Just does not look like he has what it takes, but then he monsters a huge tackle or sidesteps and shimmies his way out of trouble and my brain just doesn't want to accept what it's seen.
I remember calling this when he was playing for the Magpies as an underager and everyone was saying he was too slight.

Unreal use of his body.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Father-Son Pick #60 (2021) - Jase Burgoyne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back