Favourite Player in Long Sleeves

Remove this Banner Ad

Brent Staker :D
Andrew Mcleod does wonders in a long sleeve..
Adam Yze? :p
Darryl White?

Some players who donned the long sleeve :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1076799.jpg

Winston Abraham!

didnt bradley plain wear long sleeves coz he had tats and didnt want his mum to know?

from north that i can remember:

allison
mark 'fridge' roberts

i only saw carey wear long sleaves like 3 times and the first time i saw him do it was the night he did his shoulder (being under 11 the other 2 times he wore them i was scared he would do it again lol)

What was the go with them skin tight Carlton Sleeves? looks shocking.

I think I recall Ronnie Burns being fined by the AFL for cutting his long sleeve into a 3/4 or 1/2 sleeve once.

Do people remember that wet, freezing cold day at Kardinia Park a few years ago when the whole Freo side come out after half time with long sleeves on? I think I recall Geelong giving them a fair old touch up and the media that week just gave it to Freo, calling them Soft and weak etc.

I also recall KING Carey pulling on the long sleeve on the odd occasion.

Do people remember that wet, freezing cold day at Kardinia Park a few years ago when the whole Freo side come out after half time with long sleeves on? I think I recall Geelong giving them a fair old touch up and the media that week just gave it to Freo, calling them Soft and weak etc.

Didn't a few of them end up with hypothermia? I seem to recall the temperature was 3 or 4 degrees.

Another brownlow medalist Brad Hardie used to wear them. :thumbsu:
This was because as a teen he had 65% of his body burnt (mainly upper
body)
fe_1_b.JPG

Some St kilda players of memory who wore sleeves.

* Stephen Milne - Had the 3 quarter sleeves early in the career
stephen_milne.jpg

* The Wakelin Twins - on those cold afternoons at Waverley
1009953.jpg

* Harves - early in his career
51296302.jpg

* Raph Clarke - Skinny and i'm guessing didn't take kindly to the cooler weather down south
51109031.jpg

* Barks - All the great pictures of his hangers you will see him resplendant in a long sleeve jumper.
tbarker.jpg

Great idea for a thread !!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Favourite Player in Long Sleeves

Remove this Banner Ad

Back