FFC 09 Trade week thread - Official ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

You could probably add Hadley, Farmer and Raines all to the likely trades section. While the last I heard, Spangher wasn't a certain trade and was still considering a contract offer from the Eagles.

Also get rid of Egan from the possible Geelong trade bait, I don't think you're allowed to trade coaches....

No one wants to lose Taz he was awesome down back and with more pressure applied by midfielders he would of been in the top 3 in the comp but due to the amount of times the ball goes into our defense and the lack of pressure on the entries he would only be rated 5th or so.
Trouble is its a fact he has said earlier this year that he wants to return to melb and is very unlikely to renew his contract.
That was said around march or april this year.
He hasnt said anything since so to me that says he still feels the same way.
So why keep him if hes only going to play 1 more year for us.
If we go to trade him next year we could end up with nothing for him.

So its a must that we trade him now while his value is as high as ever.
If he wanted to stay here longer then do not trade him he has atleast another 3-4 years left in his body.

If we lose Taz it wont be all doom an gloom just means Mcpharlin MUST be moved down back and will hopefully return to his best form back there.
So we should still end up with a few more wins than this season.

haha i made the mistake of saying that last year scootyb

I thought it would be interesting and get some good talk about football still but nope just get heaps of rubbish from other clubs supporters offering up crazy trades etc etc.

unfortunately i think we are in for a much tougher 2010 than 2009.... the kids are great, but if we lose tarrant (which i think we should) then i think the floodgates will open. hasleby and pav arent any younger, and we have no KPP backups. i expect next year that we will push for the wooden spoon... cant see it happening any other way :(

:eek: say it ain't so Kickett

i hate the fact of that tarrant may be leaving
i remember someone saying tarrant and medhurst should be traded together again:confused:,

taz leaving would be for the best, i would like to give taz and drum to the hawks for their 1st rounder but if they give it for burgoyne we are screwed since melbourne's got carlton's first pick.

didnt think Dodd was too bad of a player to be cast aside without a fairly decent pick?

FWIW (prob nothing since i support the devil to some of you), I would be happy if Taz was traded for something decent whilst his currency is good if I were a supporter. He had an awesome year but his age goes against your premiership window with your young fellas. But i wouldnt take medders, purely because Balla has that sort of role now. Just looking at it from an outsiders perspective.

i remember someone saying tarrant and medhurst should be traded together again:confused:,

taz leaving would be for the best, i would like to give taz and drum to the hawks for their 1st rounder but if they give it for burgoyne we are screwed since melbourne's got carlton's first pick.

Unless they get a few more picks for sending Fev to Sydney?

yep no waythere getting rid of fev
they think there in there premiershipwindow next year an beyond and he is very important to there plans.
Will just get a bigger slap on the wrist.

Am I the only one who wishes they could just go to sleep and not wake up until trade week is done with?

I don't know how many more rumours, potential trades and people saying they have inside information I can handle. And the media has barely started....

Hopefully we can get trades down for Peake and Drum (and potentially Tarrant) on the first day, and then head off early. Because the chances of Fremantle chasing any opposition players are very slim, and the chances of any players worthwhile chasing and fitting into our youth policy being offered up for trade are even slimmer.

Am I the only one who wishes they could just go to sleep and not wake up until trade week is done with?

I don't know how many more rumours, potential trades and people saying they have inside information I can handle. And the media has barely started....

Hopefully we can get trades down for Peake and Drum (and potentially Tarrant) on the first day, and then head off early. Because the chances of Fremantle chasing any opposition players are very slim, and the chances of any players worthwhile chasing and fitting into our youth policy being offered up for trade are even slimmer.

No, ive had a gutfull of the rumours too.
Get trade week done with so we can all start the process of speculation once again.:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

unfortunately i think we are in for a much tougher 2010 than 2009.... the kids are great, but if we lose tarrant (which i think we should) then i think the floodgates will open. hasleby and pav arent any younger, and we have no KPP backups. i expect next year that we will push for the wooden spoon... cant see it happening any other way :(

I am expecting us to improve slightly in 2010. We're highly likely to take a step back in 2011 however, with aging KP players and possible retirements.

Hypothetically, if Tarrant is traded McPharlin will just move back into defense. Grover, Dodd and Johnson - though I'd much rather MJ forward - can take the second and third talls as required i.e. exactly how it worked this year. When you consider that will force Pavlich to spend more time up forward, I'd say we'll break even on that swap.

Our midfield should improve next season which will also help the backline.

What about Tarrant for Dowler and another pick from the Hawks.
Gives us a key forward or back who kicked 7 goals in his last two games for the Hawks.
He played in defence against the egirls at Subi this year and was good.:confused:

Not sure on Dowler, never looks strong enough to hold down a genuine KP post. Hawks are likely to use their first 2 picks on trades for Burgoyne and Gibson.
Essendon are supposedly interested in Drum so we might get involved in a 3-way :eek: with the Dons (Lovett), Brissie (Dalziell, 2nd round pick?) - as bad as that sounds:D. Depends if Lions are more interested in Lovett than Staker.
I'd probably go for Dalziell over a 3rd rounder in this draft.

Just get the picks for tarrant, drum & peake. don't need any other clubs cast offs.

2007 & 2008 drafts have been kind to us. if we have a similar standard in 2009 then finals in 2011- 2013 will be a distinct possibility.

Sounds like Drum definitely gone if you can believe this article.....hope we can get a decent trade for him.

"Disgruntled out-of-contract Fremantle player Marcus Drum has walked out on the Dockers and has threatened to nominate for the national and pre-season drafts if a suitable trade cannot be made next week."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...ns-andrew-lovett/story-e6frf9jf-1225780812405

he doesn't have the balls to go to the drafts,
best situation is getting a 2nd rounder for him

It is true though.

Peake's issue is once his space is closed down he is unable to break through or get around the opposition. He then usually gets himself into a tizz and makes poor decisions.

When already running, and particuarly running toward goal, he can be an effective player. He'd look good in a team that can feed the ball out to him, ala 2006.

The Hun article also called the Tarrant for Medhurst/ Ben Reid pick trade a WIN/WIN. Some of the other win/wins were dubious* but I'll take the independent verification of our trading policy for that one.
* Buckley for Scott. Not sure that anyone would agree that Buckley and Scott were about equal.

Im sorry to be a naysayer, but i just cant see anything but gloom in the next 1-4 years... as i really think pav/hase/taz/mcpharlin/sandi will all be gone or well past their best by the time we get enough talent.... and im not even going to go into the rhys palmer "there is never a garuantee that he will ever be the same again" argument.... it is really all quite depressing :(

I am expecting us to improve slightly in 2010. We're highly likely to take a step back in 2011 however, with aging KP players and possible retirements.

Hypothetically, if Tarrant is traded McPharlin will just move back into defense. Grover, Dodd and Johnson - though I'd much rather MJ forward - can take the second and third talls as required i.e. exactly how it worked this year. When you consider that will force Pavlich to spend more time up forward, I'd say we'll break even on that swap.

Our midfield should improve next season which will also help the backline.

yep, it will be disheartening if we get to 10th next year, show some promise and then have hase/tarrant retire, and then have pavlich/sandi drop form due to age.....

the more i think about it the more it depresses me :thumbsdown:.... unless we pick up some key position players, we are going to be in struggle street for the next 5 years

Sandi will not drop form for another 4-6 years.

He is just about in his Prime! I expect him to still be playing when he is 32/33 and with his height will still dominate the hitouts to our future awesome midfield.

And Pav can just plonk his butt in the goal square until he is 37. Will also break the record for most games played. :D

Ok the second one is highly unlikely but i still believe Sandi's best is ahead of him and not behind him.

Remove this Banner Ad

FFC 09 Trade week thread - Official ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back