Brownlow Medallist
Suspended
Sep 20, 2002
Frankston
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
Greg Swann - "Look it is fair to say, Chris is not desperate to move, but if an offer comes along we will have a look at it"
Source a short grab with Swann on Channel 10 News

That's it folks read into that whatever you will

Murray said:
Greg Swann - "Look it is fair to say, Chris is not desperate to move, but if an offer comes along we will have a look at it"
Source a short grab with Swann on Channel 10 News

That's it folks read into that whatever you will

Tarrant's gone.

you idiot sheehan said:
"We have just told them that it has to be a good deal so we will see who comes forward," he said.

"He is a bloke who is contracted and is an All-Australian footballer - and they don't grow on trees - so the deal would have to be pretty good (for the Pies to agree to trade Tarrant)."

"We are not adverse to (a combination) of players and draft picks and we will just see how that goes."

Let's get serious, if we wanted to keep Tarrant we'd be saying "he's a required player". Instead, he says he's an All-Australian footballer, dont grow on trees etc. Seems like he's trying create a bidding a war and push his price up to me.

If the Tarrent deal does go ahead with Freo and richmond, what player would we accept from Richmond to sweaten the deal, cos i cant see freo giving up pick 8 and one of their players...Could JCloke be tossed in to upgrade the quality of player we get from Richmond as Terry has expressed interest? they will attempt to give us rubuish ie Rodan but who could we nab?

I have a feeling that all of this could be to blow the wind up Tarrant! My feeling is he won't get traded, MM seems to love him too much!!

However I must say I am very surprised at all this talk about him being traded.

I very much doubt he will be traded. If he does, you just know that he will come good at the WCE or Freo and tear teams a new one. Especially at the WCE with their midfield dilevery. I could kick a bag everyweek!

If we do trade Tarrant for pick 8 like was mentioned, I sure hope we don't pick up more duds in the draft.

you idiot sheehan said:
Let's get serious, if we wanted to keep Tarrant we'd be saying "he's a required player". Instead, he says he's an All-Australian footballer, dont grow on trees etc. Seems like he's trying create a bidding a war and push his price up to me.

Let the bidding war commence!

If we don't like what is on offer, Tarrant can stay roaming our forward line.

• Banned
Swann - "We've had a number of clubs show interest in Chris, obviously he is a contracted player and we'll have a look at it"

Source: A grab on Channel 9 News

If we could get pick 8 and a Gilmore/Dunn player or pick 13 and Schammer :thumbsu:

Seaby would be great but I don't think the Weagles are too keen to give him up and pick 16

I am so confident Tarrant will..... stay a Magpie.

Swann is bluffing - what he is trying to say here is: "Obviously he is a contracted player" ... That's it.

Unfortunately Murray, I reckon a direct quote from Swann or Balme or Malthouse, holds about as much weight as to our trading strategy as a bull**** rumour!

There's little doubt got something in mind and would have at least vaguely expressed this to oppo clubs, but there's even less doubt that we will take the best available offer if it is adequate.

I reckon we're a sure thing to trade him.

I reckon he's gone. Of all the interested clubs, you'd think that one of them would have to put forward an offer that the Pies will jump at.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds of it, we're in no rush to keep him. I must admit, the sounds of some the potential return we may get for him, make it much easier to lose Chris.

I have yet to see any potential trade that will appease me if we were to trade Tarrant.
Freo's 1st pick and Shammer = NO
Geelong's 1st pick and Johnson = NO
And they've been 2 of the best. As for the rest......POO.

We are not in a position where we HAVE to trade Tarrant. To get simply market value at this stage would be selling us out short.
A club pays over the odds or we keep him. Quite simple really.

FIGJAM said:
Unfortunately Murray, I reckon a direct quote from Swann or Balme or Malthouse, holds about as much weight as to our trading strategy as a bull**** rumour!

There's little doubt got something in mind and would have at least vaguely expressed this to oppo clubs, but there's even less doubt that we will take the best available offer if it is adequate.

I reckon we're a sure thing to trade him.

Interesting perspective Figgy.

You equate a bullsh1t rumour from an anonymous poster, with no source, on a footy fan site, with a direct quote from the CEO of the Collingwood Football Club.

Just as an aside, when has Swann, Balme or Malthouse lied to us in the past?
I can't recall any.
I'd be interested if you could point to any, it may bring me round to your way of thinking

Murray said:
Interesting perspective Figgy.

You equate a bullsh1t rumour from an anonymous poster, with no source, on a footy fan site, with a direct quote from the CEO of the Collingwood Football Club.

I can't recall any.
I'd be interested if you could point to any, it may bring me round to your way of thinking
Balme lies all the time. Either that, or he's just an idiot (I reckon both). A major lie last year was to do with Rusling's shoulder absolutely not requiring a shoulder reconstruction. About 12 weeks later and the kid was still on the sidelines.

Malthouse is a truth evader.

Swann is more of a stand up guy. To hear the quote live sounds less convincing live than it does written down though. He sounded like "we don't have to trade him, but some of the offers were pretty sweet...but yeah, keep on offering more!".

Eitherway, your treatment of rumours from posters is well OTT. I think it's probable that Tarrant wont be with us by Friday. What our powers say in between will be as downplayed as a rumour is up-played.

Murray said:
I can't recall any.
Are you serious? They all lie but I can actually give you one distinct example. During the great review of 2005 – the one that was all encompassing - Swan said, after having previously said all positions we being reviewed, that MM was the best coach and he was safe (SEN). Later he and Eddie both said MM was the man for the job while the review was still in progress. At the AGM Eddie in response to a direct question, denied MM was exempt from the review, that the review was less than all encompassing and a decision on MM had preceded the conclusion of the review. When it was pointed out that this contracted his and Swans comments before the end of the review (a timing Eddie gave in response to the question) he got more aggressive and dismissive. Not long after the AGM, MM’s contract extension was announced.

You may be unconditionally supportive but I don’t think you are silly or naive Murray. Personally I don’t have a blanket anti lie requirement. All I’m interested in is what’s best for the club. Lying about trades is generally best for the club. I expect the even if they are desperate to trade a player with value that they will play their cards close to their chest and make all the right noises to maximise the deal.

FIGJAM said:
Eitherway, your treatment of rumours from posters is well OTT. I think it's probable that Tarrant wont be with us by Friday. What our powers say in between will be as downplayed as a rumour is up-played.

Sounds like you are going to have a little cry there figgy.
Grow up, if you can't stand the heat get the ferk out of the kitchen.

Armageddon said:
Seaby would be great but I don't think the Weagles are too keen to give him up and pick 16

I would pull the trigger on that. I would hate to lose Seaby but he deserves to be a #1 ruckman somewhere. He doesn't usually play more than 20-25 minutes a game for us. Tarrant would play the whole game. I honestly think it would be a win-win situation. Having a good ruckman improves your midfield and you could still get a young midfielder with pick 16.

Pick 16 and 29 looks to be it. No way we would trade Seaby that would leave Cox as our only ruckmen on our list

Embers said:
Pick 16 and 29 looks to be it. No way we would trade Seaby that would leave Cox as our only ruckmen on our list

True but Seaby is a luxury. He doesn't deserve to be stuck behind Big Cox for the next 10 years. He is a very good ruckman in his own right. We can always acquire a backup ruckman.

From Collingwood's point of view it would keep Fraser fresh and allow him to play forward more often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back