Finally, we have a direct quote

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Murray said:
Exactly mate, why would we take that, when supposidly we have pick 8 and a player on offer from Freo
Who knows if we have 8. The club we are supposedly trading with doesn’t even have 8. If 16 and 29 is the best we can get then I say keep Tarrant and hope his bum hurts from the kick. If Freo have 8 and a (decent) player and will offer that up then trade. Trading in or out is all about the price. Personally nothing WCE would part with with pick 16 would cut it for me.

MarkT said:
Who knows if we have 8. The club we are supposedly trading with doesn’t even have 8. If 16 and 29 is the best we can get then I say keep Tarrant and hope his bum hurts from the kick. If Freo have 8 and a (decent) player and will offer that up then trade. Trading in or out is all about the price. Personally nothing WCE would part with with pick 16 would cut it for me.
Who knows if Tarrant is up for Trade :D

Murray said:
Sounds like you are going to have a little cry there figgy.
Grow up, if you can't stand the heat get the ferk out of the kitchen.
A) You're over the line. Stop attacking posters personally, moderator or not.

B) This is an internet message board, not a court of law. Rumours are welcome here. In fact, there wouldn't even BE message boards if not for rumours, because there wouldn't be enough traffic here to keep the boards afloat.

Stop with the complaining everytime someone comments on a rumour. We get it - You're not going to listen to rumours. That doesn't mean that nobody else is allowed to.

If you find it all so infantile and silly, then how about you do something mature and just take a break from the boards until Friday, instead of just sniping at anyone trying to have a legitimate discussion (which, in fact, CAN be had about rumours).

you idiot sheehan said:
Let's get serious, if we wanted to keep Tarrant we'd be saying "he's a required player". Instead, he says he's an All-Australian footballer, dont grow on trees etc. Seems like he's trying create a bidding a war and push his price up to me.
Exactly! swann SEN.

guess_who said:
I have a feeling that all of this could be to blow the wind up Tarrant! My feeling is he won't get traded, MM seems to love him too much!!

However I must say I am very surprised at all this talk about him being traded.

I very much doubt he will be traded. If he does, you just know that he will come good at the WCE or Freo and tear teams a new one. Especially at the WCE with their midfield dilevery. I could kick a bag everyweek!

If we do trade Tarrant for pick 8 like was mentioned, I sure hope we don't pick up more duds in the draft.
yeah good point,hope there is no trade!

guess_who said:
If we do trade Tarrant for pick 8 like was mentioned, I sure hope we don't pick up more duds in the draft.
The absolute best way to insure you don't pick up duds in the draft is to get more picks.

If we ended up with two top 10 picks, I think the odds of us getting two duds would be pretty damn low.

vinnie_vegas69 said:
A) You're over the line. Stop attacking posters personally, moderator or not.

B) This is an internet message board, not a court of law. Rumours are welcome here. In fact, there wouldn't even BE message boards if not for rumours, because there wouldn't be enough traffic here to keep the boards afloat.

Stop with the complaining everytime someone comments on a rumour. We get it - You're not going to listen to rumours. That doesn't mean that nobody else is allowed to.

If you find it all so infantile and silly, then how about you do something mature and just take a break from the boards until Friday, instead of just sniping at anyone trying to have a legitimate discussion (which, in fact, CAN be had about rumours).

Was it something he said?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't ban him for that, even if he talks bullsh*t all day that gets on the nerves of us who want to use a forum in the way it is normally used.

Lonie_from_50 said:
Can't ban him for that, even if he talks bullsh*t all day that gets on the nerves of us who want to use a forum in the way it is normally used.
I think we actually can ban him when he tells a moderator to go fornicate with himself...

And he's done what vinnie has said about 10 times.

He has surpassed my threshold, which for fellow Collingwood supporters is extended to about 10 strikes.

Oppo supporters get somewhere between zero and one strike.

vinnie_vegas69 said:
I think we actually can ban him when he tells a moderator to go fornicate with himself...
Yes, moderators are here for the rest of us and are completely untouchable.
People have to realise this is not a democracy.
Moderators decide who stays and who goes, what can be sai and what can't be said, as it should be.

Good job VV :thumbsu:

FIGJAM said:
And he's done what vinnie has said about 10 times.

He has surpassed my threshold, which for fellow Collingwood supporters is extended to about 10 strikes.

Oppo supporters get somewhere between zero and one strike.
Its just not good enough.
Bloody shocking

Well done Figjam :thumbsu:

FIGJAM said:
The rules are agreed upon on registration. All users are subject to them.

I got told off the other day by a moderator!
Yes, yes, I understand that.

But have you noticed how the Moderators, er, um, change the rules to suit the situation of to suit their own personal biases.

Look I love you guys and I think you should be able to do as you please, like who you like, and dislike who you like.
But I think it sometimes confuses some people.

See, heres the thing.
You allow any old rumour to be posted, this is a good thing because this site is free for people to post things like that.
But you then stop others from posting what they want because you agree with the first poster or dislike the second poster.
I think you should be allowed to do that because you guys are great.
But some people don't know about these 'unwritten rules' that you guys sometimes apply to different posters.

See you immediately thought of me as 'taking the piss'
I guess it all comes down to what you moderators want not necessarily what the rules are, because you apply them as you want or don't want.

This is great, being able to chat like this

Everyone gets a fair go on here, but no one should be subject to abuse. He abused so many people this week. Not just because they were posting rumours, but simply because they were prepared to take what was reported in the paper on face value about his beloved Chris Tarrant. I was obviously one of them, and it just got tiring after a while.

Chase the Ace said:
Yes, yes, I understand that.

But have you noticed how the Moderators, er, um, change the rules to suit the situation of to suit their own personal biases.

Look I love you guys and I think you should be able to do as you please, like who you like, and dislike who you like.
But I think it sometimes confuses some people.

See, heres the thing.
You allow any old rumour to be posted, this is a good thing because this site is free for people to post things like that.
But you then stop others from posting what they want because you agree with the first poster or dislike the second poster.
I think you should be allowed to do that because you guys are great.
But some people don't know about these 'unwritten rules' that you guys sometimes apply to different posters.

See you immediately thought of me as 'taking the piss'
I guess it all comes down to what you moderators want not necessarily what the rules are, because you apply them as you want or don't want.

This is great, being able to chat like this
None of it is about personal feelings - I warned Murray about personal attacks on the board. His idea of a response was, as I said before, a totally unacceptable thing to say on these boards, and something that anybody would have been banned for immediately, regardless of prior warnings.

The fact is, Murray has been warned literally hundreds of times - He is essentially on permanent probation around here, and when he goes and says something so totally ridiculous like that, of course he's going to be banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back