Mega Thread Finals Ticketing Thread: Keep it here and please read the OP

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm looking for 2 standing room tickets (for friends).
Bonus beers before (and after) the game in the car park for the supplier of the tickets.

My Friends travel 3+ hours for most Melb hawk games. It will be good to get them to the big one as well.

Please PM me.

Cheers.

Ill have a concession m34 seat on thursday that ill happily swap for an Adult Q level seat.

If anybody hates who they are going with, I've got a AFL members q19 and q20 seat that ill swap for 2 together :)

Hi all,

I'm a regional member from NT, came down for prelim and decided to stay. Been hunting for ticket, found one from a Swans friend who isn't able to go, seated. Only catch is its concession and I'm not a concession holder. Is it likely to be an issue at the gate? Or should I look to swap for an adult ticket?

Sorry if this has been asked/answered. I am on my phone and it's a pain scrolling through 65 pages :)

Any advice appreciated, thanks!

Hi all,

I'm a regional member from NT, came down for prelim and decided to stay. Been hunting for ticket, found one from a Swans friend who isn't able to go, seated. Only catch is its concession and I'm not a concession holder. Is it likely to be an issue at the gate? Or should I look to swap for an adult ticket?

Sorry if this has been asked/answered. I am on my phone and it's a pain scrolling through 65 pages :)

Any advice appreciated, thanks!

Usually luck of the draw in my experience - I am a concession holder and probably get checked ~70% of the time across various venues. If that particular gate is super busy (which is possible on GF day), you might get lucky. It is pretty risky though.

If you do secure a full price ticket in the meantime, I would happily buy your concession ticket off you!

Usually luck of the draw in my experience - I am a concession holder and probably get checked ~70% of the time across various venues. If that particular gate is super busy (which is possible on GF day), you might get lucky. It is pretty risky though.

If you do secure a full price ticket in the meantime, I would happily buy your concession ticket off you!

Cool thanks for the reply, if you secure an adult ticket, I'm happy to swap! Inbox me if you are keen :)

Whats peoples past experience with Standing room? I am taking an 8 and 12 year old. Thinking its going to messy all around (kids not being able to see, possible arguments,what the heck I do with bags when going to the loo, etc,etc). Am I being extremely pessimistic for nothing or rightfully concerned?

Guessing the only option is to get there early and try to camp out at the front. Maybe luck out if there are folkes there with seats that would prefer to stand!

Further thought is as this is the 8 years olds first GF, do it this time and if its as bad as thought it might be, then just not choose the standing option in future.

Any advice welcomed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mollyfud,
Apparently they dont check standing tickets so stand where is best - my allocated in 2008 didnt even have terraces - in front of the cafe area GSS
Hardest thing for you is getting there early enough to get on the fence, but then passing the 2-3 hours or so with nothing happening

3240250-10-litre-collapsible-cooler.jpg

I bought something like this - soft esky reinforced inside by pringles tubes etc for the youngun to stand on - she was 9 - I dont think you are allowed anything hard to stand on

Was working OK but a kind couple who hate heights swapped tickets with us for wayyy up high - very kind and wouldnt take th cash difference - I reckon youll get a lot more sympathy on the day - stand where plenty of people can see you

Hi all,

I am a Hawthorn concession member that missed out on the ballot. Happy to take standing room or anything spares on offer, adult or concession. Please email me at raydos@hotmail.com if you can help

Nerves are starting to kick in!!! Go hawks!

Cheers

Hi Guys,

My brother has a seat in Q5 and is wanting to switch to anywhere from Q29-Q36. If anyone is wanting to or want to help me out please inbox me!

So you've lied constantly the past two days, pissed off some Swans supporters, know they have practically declared a jihad on you AND they know where your seat is and now you want to swap with another hawk member and put them in the firing line?

You're a dog mate. Piss off

All you kind hearted Hawks supporters who have nosebleed seats and decide to stand, how about offering your tickets inside the ground to those with kids who are in standing amongst the crush and likely won't see much of the game. Would be a nice gesture and something else to feel good about besides our 11th premiership! GO HAWKS!

I've currently got an adult standing room ticket (M11), but would love to swap for a seat.

If anyone's keen, pm me. Would of course pay the difference, etc. :)

Hi People,

A couple of questions:

1. If you are going to get checked for Concession proof, will it be just at the entry gates, or will Ushers also look to check this?
2. If you have a ticket with entry via Gate 5, would you be able to scan and go into Gate 1? The reason I ask is that I am looking at swapping tickets, but would prefer to do it in the safety of inside the ground. Then the people we swap with can scan out of Gate 1 and enter Gate 5 to get to those seats?

Thanks in advance if anyone can help with these questions.

Whats peoples past experience with Standing room? I am taking an 8 and 12 year old. Any advice welcomed.

Not really a place for kids.
But you will probably find most people will be sympathetic and let your kids wiggle up to the fence if they are not too tall. If it rains there may be empty theatre goer seats they can run down into.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Finals Ticketing Thread: Keep it here and please read the OP

Remove this Banner Ad

Back