Football Related Random Thread - PART 2

Remove this Banner Ad

As a fan watching games this season, I have seen a shift to give players so much time to dispose of the ball. I reckon this whole thing is something of the AFL's own creation - and the changes are just going back to how it has always been interpreted.

Hard to see how you would use those words within clear earshot of the person whom you are aggrieved against and were apparently just directing it at thin air.

He's got a wrap sheet a mile long for the same thing but most people can't be bothered going through the aggravation and attention that accompanies a complaint.

Class A Bully Boy.

Without making too big a thing of this with all the talk the AFL has put out there about respecting umpires and trying to attract young people to taking it on when put to the test they've just folded like a deck of cards.

Old mate Mr Rip only 25 years ahead of everyone else...

That you have and I’ve always been a proponent of this thinking.

I mean, you have a law book / rules of the game, I therefore have never understood why they aren’t enforced when it’s plain to see for all that player are being infringed yet the umpires are clearly choosing to ignore those rules no doubt at the direction of the biggest meddlers the AFL. Seriously, who cares how many frees are paid in a a game otherwise don’t have rules if they aren’t going to be enforced.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the discount is kind of stupid

the privilege of being able to match the bid is enough IMO
The discount was originally intended as a reflection of the investment the club has made in the player to get them to that point.

There's zero reason for father/sons to use the same discount. I'm kind of at a point where I'm ok to let go of the discount for the academies too - it adds up too quickly if you have multiple early bids and doesn't make much difference when you only have one.

The discount was originally intended as a reflection of the investment the club has made in the player to get them to that point.

There's zero reason for father/sons to use the same discount. I'm kind of at a point where I'm ok to let go of the discount for the academies too - it adds up too quickly if you have multiple early bids and doesn't make much difference when you only have one.
I would be happy enough if the NGA clubs start investing in their own academies in a similar way to Northern clubs.
Otherwise we are just going back to an NGA system where players just slide on in because a Great GrandFather is from oversees or something with no investment which is another thing they need to tighten up on NGA’s.

I would be happy enough if the NGA clubs start investing in their own academies in a similar way to Northern clubs.
Otherwise we are just going back to an NGA system where players just slide on in because a Great GrandFather is from oversees or something with no investment which is another thing they need to tighten up on NGA’s.

Yeah the NGA process basically amounted to getting an ancestry dot com DNA analysis in some occasions. In fairness some voices (QAFL presidents/watchers who pop up in the academy thread) will tell you that the northern academies don't do nearly as much as I'd hope they do, and I have no inside knowledge about that.

NGA should only be able to be signed to if the kid isn't already in one of the elite pathways.

I get that appears a bit hypocritical compared to our academy standards, but we don't have access to the same elite pathways to begin with.

Yeah the NGA process basically amounted to getting an ancestry dot com DNA analysis in some occasions. In fairness some voices (QAFL presidents/watchers who pop up in the academy thread) will tell you that the northern academies don't do nearly as much as I'd hope they do, and I have no inside knowledge about that.
NGA should only be able to be signed to if the kid isn't already in one of the elite pathways.

I get that appears a bit hypocritical compared to our academy standards, but we don't have access to the same elite pathways to begin with.
I hope the Northern clubs have brought these things up during discussions.
It got quite farcical the players that were given NGA access.

Ben King said something interesting in an interview.

1000009799.png

I wonder if our players' struggles with inaccuracy comes down to overthinking and/or a lack of consistency in routine.

Ben King said something interesting in an interview.

View attachment 2010192

I wonder if our players' struggles with inaccuracy comes down to overthinking and/or a lack of consistency in routine.

I bet as soon as he kicks a few behinds in a row he'll go back to overthinking

I think it just comes down to confidence

with the way the points system works theres already an inbuilt discount.... everyone knows a bunch of junk picks doesnt equate to a top 5 pick but on the points system it does. think thats where it could still be argued we will be receiving a discount.

ive no idea why father son or nga had the same discounts to begin with. nga in particular is such a massive rort i cant believe it ever got off the ground.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back