Football Related Random Thread - PART 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder what the estimated financial impact of winning a premiership has for a club? Obviously, different sized clubs would see different levels of revenue uptick, but surely when it comes to merch, membership, sponsorship, fixturing and direct prize money it would be pretty significant.

Just wondering whether we would have an opportunity to wipe the Net 4 million dollar debt Andrew Wellington mentioned the club was in at the live Roar Deal podcast this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't believe how many people think that if a player qualifies the father/son/daughter and academies, they are automatically going to that team. The player has the choice not the team.
Almost all do though, so it's not an unreasonable point of discussion.

Bit of a confession; I’ve never been able to watch a replay of the 23 GF loss having been at the game and feeling like I had my heart ripped out in the manner we lost, but having now won this year, as stupid as this may sound, I’m actually mentally ready and curious to do so and somewhat interested to see some of those great goals and overall how we took it up to the Pies.

I think psychologically that game scarred me to the point I was worried that we may not ever win one given how hard they are to win, but last weeks win was the tipping point to now re-watching the game.

Not sure how many of you have ever watched the replay and those that haven’t, are you reconsidering it?

Bit of a confession; I’ve never been able to watch a replay of the 23 GF loss having been at the game and feeling like I had my heart ripped out in the manner we lost, but having now won this year, as stupid as this may sound, I’m actually mentally ready and curious to do so and somewhat interested to see some of those great goals and overall how we took it up to the Pies.

I think psychologically that game scarred me to the point I was worried that we may not ever win one given how hard they are to win, but last weeks win was the tipping point to now re-watching the game.

Not sure how many of you have ever watched the replay and those that haven’t, are you reconsidering it?
I went to the 2023 GF as well and have also never re watched it, have never had the desire to. More likely to now, maybe I'll have my first re watch of the 2004 GF as well.:think:

However I will be re watching our demolition of the Swans a few more times before seriously considering it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Football Related Random Thread - PART 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back