Football Related Random Thread - PART 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd forgotten what a wasteland the post-premiership days are - every other season ends with a loss so it always feels like a coda. When you end on a win you just want it to keep going forever. Thankfully these days we have the AFLW to switch attention to if you're inclined that way, and we're just as good a chance to get another flag in that one as well.

How good would it be to win the first double crown in AFLM/W history?

So that's what I'll be doing morsie, but if the women's isn't your thing you could always watch the season over again. I reckon even the practise games are on Kayo.

Last edited:
Bit of a confession; I’ve never been able to watch a replay of the 23 GF loss having been at the game and feeling like I had my heart ripped out in the manner we lost, but having now won this year, as stupid as this may sound, I’m actually mentally ready and curious to do so and somewhat interested to see some of those great goals and overall how we took it up to the Pies.

I think psychologically that game scarred me to the point I was worried that we may not ever win one given how hard they are to win, but last weeks win was the tipping point to now re-watching the game.

Not sure how many of you have ever watched the replay and those that haven’t, are you reconsidering it?
I havent but i will soon

So now what do we do for 6 months?It used to be that drafts and trades were the most anticipated times of the year.
They have largely been a non event for a couple of years ( thanks Chopper).
However I have no interest in reading about which overrated midfielders are leaving the Giants or some good ordinary footballer is getting Band 1 compo.
So what do I do?
You can come and help me do my gardening.

I'd forgotten what a wasteland the post-premiership days are - every other season ends with a loss so it always feels like a coda. When you end on a win you just want it to keep going forever. Thankfully these days we have the AFLW to switch attention to if you're inclined that way, and we're just as good a chance to get another flag in that one as well.

How good would it be to win the first double crown in AFLM/W history?
Melbourne might have that distinction.
So that's what I'll be doing morsie, but if the women's isn't your thing you could always watch the season over again. I reckon even the practise games are on Kayo.

Came across this ad for some premiership memorabilia on Insta. They wanted $600 for framed premiership posters that you can get from the Herald Sun store for $20 each. Must be some nice frames!

IMG_0392.jpeg

Came across this ad for some premiership memorabilia on Insta. They wanted $600 for framed premiership posters that you can get from the Herald Sun store for $20 each. Must be some nice frames!

View attachment 2135668
Frames are expensive ;)
After the game my daughter got one for $5.

I posted this as a thread on the main board.. thought I would post it here as well.

In the 25 years this century 11 clubs have won Premierships >

Hawks 4
Cats 4
Lions 4
Tigers 3
Swans 2
Eagles 2
Magpies 2
Bombers 1
Port 1
Bulldogs 1
Demons 1

There are 7 clubs without a flag this century and years since their last Premiership >

Saints 58
Dockers 30*
Blues 29
Crows 26
Kangaroos 25
Suns 14*
Giants 13*

* = Never won a Premiership.

I posted this as a thread on the main board.. thought I would post it here as well.

Hawks 4
Cats 4
Lions 4
Tigers 3
Swans 2
Eagles 2
Magpies 2
Bombers 1
Port 1
Bulldogs 1
Demons 1

There are 7 clubs without a flag this century and years since their last Premiership >

Saints 58
Dockers 30*
Blues 29
Crows 26
Kangaroos 25
Suns 14*
Giants 13*

Giants seem most likely to me from the teams in the bottom list. I’m looking forward to seeing many more years of St Kilda frustration

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawks 4
Cats 4
Lions 4
Tigers 3
Swans 2
Eagles 2
Magpies 2
Bombers 1
Port 1
Bulldogs 1
Demons 1

Saints 58
Dockers 30*
Blues 29
Crows 26
Kangaroos 25
Suns 14*
Giants 13*

I actually think the Dockers are a fair chance in the next few years if they get a couple of decent trade ins eg. Shai Bolton and Liam Baker.

Hawks 4
Cats 4
Lions 4
Tigers 3
Swans 2
Eagles 2
Magpies 2
Bombers 1
Port 1
Bulldogs 1
Demons 1

Saints 58
Dockers 30*
Blues 29
Crows 26
Kangaroos 25
Suns 14*
Giants 13*

Obviously not a sure thing but I think Freo has plenty to be positive about. List age is decent and they do have some good talent. May bring in more over the trade period as well.
I think Freo will finally win a flag before the end of the decade. I predict that 2026 - 2029 will be their contention window.

I actually think the Dockers are a fair chance in the next few years if they get a couple of decent trade ins eg. Shai Bolton and Liam Baker.
I think they have the talent on the ground. Just need the right coaching and then the right amount of luck for it all to come together. Definitely should be contending the next 4 or so years

Remove this Banner Ad

Football Related Random Thread - PART 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back