For a change.....Carlton are waaaay over the odds.

Remove this Banner Ad

rainman06

Club Legend
May 24, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
L.A Lakers, ManU
Im sorry, but am I in a time warp? is it 1995? What on earth have Carlton done to warrant $1.55 favoritism this week in Adelaide against the Crows? I know Adelaide have'nt been the best side so far but Carlton have no backline and one forward (who looks like he would rather masturbate with a chainsaw than play football at the moment).

I was ready to declare Essendon as the lay of the week for round 9.....We always have trouble with Richmond and they are going a lot better than their record suggests......But this continual flow of 'money for nothing' (backing against Carlton) is becoming far too easy to ignore.

Get on ASAP and let me know on here how you are going to spend your winnings.

Im sorry, but am I in a time warp? is it 1995? What on earth have Carlton done to warrant $1.55 favoritism this week in Adelaide against the Crows? I know Adelaide have'nt been the best side so far but Carlton have no backline and one forward (who looks like he would rather masturbate with a chainsaw than play football at the moment).

I was ready to declare Essendon as the lay of the week for round 9.....We always have trouble with Richmond and they are going a lot better than their record suggests......But this continual flow of 'money for nothing' (backing against Carlton) is becoming far too easy to ignore.

who cares, and your post makes no sense......

seems more like an excuse for you to winge about carlton.

There are a heap of bombers fans jumping back on the bandwagon, might be a good time to tip bitchmond as the wagons getting pretty full down essendon way

I thought it was $1.65 but that depends on your bookie. We've been favorites every game this year when I'm not sure we should be. The side still hasn't matured enough to be consistent IMHO. When we win it's by over 50 points. When we lose, it's by about 1 goal. - Perhaps if you average the 2 out, then we should be winning every game by 20 points. :p

Just take the odds if you like them. We haven't looked good on the road this year, and Adelaide will flood their nuts off to constrict us. We still struggle with the flood a bit.

Probably says more about people's views on Adelaide rather than Carlton.

Not too long ago Adelaide would have been favourites regardless of the opposition or how they were travelling.

Footy Park isn't the fortress it once was.

Simple weight of bandwagon money. Their fans are whores draws at the moment...eat their own one week, then instantly flag favorites after their next win...even when its against a bottom 4 list like the pies.

Carlton have conceded the third least amount of points so far this season (St Kilda & Geelong being the only teams that have done better) & have the third highest points for (once again only St Kilda & Geelong having done better), despite Fev having only kicked 24 goals so far this season (Betts has kicked 23 & is 8th overall in the competition, just to totally kill your argument that Carlton only have one forward).

Simple weight of bandwagon money. Their fans are whores draws at the moment...eat their own one week, then instantly flag favorites after their next win...even when its against a bottom 4 list like the pies.

If you had followed the betting markets so far this season you would know that the bookmakers have been opening Carlton's odds short every week. Even this week betting started at $1.65. Nothing to do with bandwagon money, more to do with bookmakers not wanting to have too much exposure when Carlton win.

Just because they're paying $1.65 (Or whatever) doesn't prove that they are the better team. All it proves is there's a bunch of morons out there willing to put their money on Carlton Vs Adelaide at AAMI.

Odds are purely a mathematical formula devised to make sure that the bookie covers his ass and makes a margin on each game. If another equally intelligent group of people :)rolleyes:) put all their cash on Adelaide, the $1.65 will quickly drift out to more than >$2.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes Adelaide are 3-5. BUT they have lossed 4 of those times at home to the top 4 teams and lost an away game to the 5th ranked team.

Once they start playing more of the bottom eight they should chalk up the wins.

Good line bet value for them.

Yes Adelaide are 3-5. BUT they have lossed 4 of those times at home to the top 4 teams and lost an away game to the 5th ranked team.

Once they start playing more of the bottom eight they should chalk up the wins.

Good line bet value for them.

Here's the thing ... Carlton are TOP Eight, not BOTTOM eight material as it stands now, and as such, we deserve to go in as favourites ...

Fact is, hard to see the Crows kicking an winning score against us, esp as right now they have an dysfunctioning foward line.

The other thing is that we have a very good record against the Blues...

Haven't lost to them for a while, so maybe the bookies were taking that into account

It will be a close match, under 10 points either way

If you're a punter, there are better ways to make you money this week

Here's the thing ... Carlton are TOP Eight, not BOTTOM eight material as it stands now, and as such, we deserve to go in as favourites ...

Fact is, hard to see the Crows kicking an winning score against us, esp as right now they have an dysfunctioning foward line.

I wouldn't call our forward line dysfunctioning. Inconsistent is the better term. Last week we had racked up over 50 points by half time and were on track for a 100+ score, but then the Lions worked us out and ran all over us

Its also a very young forwardline with the likes of Walker, Tippett and co running through there

We may not need too high a score for us to kick a winning score against you guys, as you guys have be known to struggle against teams that zone well. Sydney game this year is a perfect example.

Our zone was working very well in the 1st half last week, we just weren't accurate enough to shut the Lions out. They figured it out and it was game over due to us not being 8 goals up as we should have been at half time.

I think its more along of, carlton won last week and adelaide lost last week, so people go out and throw money on us, because we're coming of a high!
Sound be a good tough game if adelaide get their game together!!

The other thing is that we have a very good record against the Blues...

Haven't lost to them for a while, so maybe the bookies were taking that into account

It will be a close match, under 10 points either way

If you're a punter, there are better ways to make you money this week

The absence of Bock and Burton also has a bit to do with it. Both have casued us trouble in the past, and you guys also look shy of a defensive mid. For mine the odds are about right.

Isn't it they are under the odds?

Yeah I agree the Blues train has sped up a little too much. Got derailed at the SCG and no reason they should win on the road here with the Adelaide flood to crack.

I would have thought it was "Under" the odds not "Over" the odds.

Er, yep. You're right. :eek:

Epic fail etc, etc.

Please ignore this mistake and focus on the content.

He's just demonstrating his stupidity for us all.

Im happy to be judged at 6pm on Saturday on wether I and this thread are stupid or not.

Remove this Banner Ad

For a change.....Carlton are waaaay over the odds.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back