Oppo Camp Former Freo player watch

Remove this Banner Ad

FU Hammer.

On good money while injured and not playing. You’re not going to get paid as a best 22 player to be a peel defender.

Look forward to JJJ destroy you when we play the swans.

'A bit disrespectful': Why new Swan opted to leave Dockers

Schultz, Lobb and Hammer, may you experience no success.

At least Liam was honest with his party lifestyle and fashion reasons.

#r#rantver

FU Hammer.

On good money while injured and not playing. You’re not going to get paid as a best 22 player to be a peel defender.

Look forward to JJJ destroy you when we play the swans.

'A bit disrespectful': Why new Swan opted to leave Dockers

Schultz, Lobb and Hammer, may you experience no success.

At least Liam was honest with his party lifestyle and fashion reasons.

#r#rantver
Hamling is so entitled for a guy who got paid to sit on the sidelines for 4 years.

30 year old who has played 4 games in 4 years and only played when Cox was injured has a sook that the team only offered him a minimum contract??

Hamling is so entitled for a guy who got paid to sit on the sidelines for 4 years.

30 year old who has played 4 games in 4 years and only played when Cox was injured has a sook that the team only offered him a minimum contract??
Remember all the whingeing when he was injured? As if it were the club's fault his feet were stuffed. We've already replaced him with a younger, better model who actually wants to play for the club.

Also shouldn’t he be pissed off at his manager? The guy that’s supposed to negotiate deals for him?

Makes sense that he’s best mates with Kersten
MATE. I was literally just about to say this. I always thought it was odd that those two were best friends but it's starting to make sense to me.
Seriously... Not begrudging him leaving for better opportunity/money, but to take a shot at the club once he's left is pretty piss-poor.

MATE. I was literally just about to say this. I always thought it was odd that those two were best friends but it's starting to make sense to me.
Seriously... Not begrudging him leaving for better opportunity/money, but to take a shot at the club once he's left is pretty piss-poor.
And his initial interview where he straight up said cox should've played as a forward and he should've played in defence??? he rates himself so highly for a WAFL player. what are the chances he'd even be on a list next year if Cox didnt get injured.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And his initial interview where he straight up said cox should've played as a forward and he should've played in defence??? he rates himself so highly for a WAFL player. what are the chances he'd even be on a list next year if Cox didnt get injured.
He’s not wrong though.
Would’ve been a far better balance. But Cox refuses to be a forward

He’s not wrong though.
Would’ve been a far better balance. But Cox refuses to be a forward
No he doesn’t. The coaches just don’t want him there. Even after the Hawks game they said it was just a one off.

Anyway I’m always the first to advocate for Cox forward. But it comes across as very bitter and unprofessional for a fringe player to come out and say “x player should play somewhere else and I should take his role.” Don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone else say it.

I've mentioned in the past I know Hamling - you just can't compare Kersten and him though they're mates but absolutely nothing alike.

His whinging about the injuries were genuine and relevant to Jason Weber and the medicos under him that led us to having the worst injury list in the AFL for years.

As for the contract stuff I'm disappointed in his comments - he literally had been telling people around him he knew there wasn't much salary space for him and was anticipating a minimum offer, he also said he'd be happy taking that offer just to finish his career on a potential high.

Obviously things changed. Oh well he's gone now.

To be fair to him, would be frustrating getting tabled a deal that is pretty much just there to top up your AFL retirement fund and sit in the WAFL while you’re a better player than the club captain

I've mentioned in the past I know Hamling - you just can't compare Kersten and him though they're mates but absolutely nothing alike.

His whinging about the injuries were genuine and relevant to Jason Weber and the medicos under him that led us to having the worst injury list in the AFL for years.

As for the contract stuff I'm disappointed in his comments - he literally had been telling people around him he knew there wasn't much salary space for him and was anticipating a minimum offer, he also said he'd be happy taking that offer just to finish his career on a potential high.

What changed was McCartin retiring prematurely. Sydney obviously had to get a mature KPD. Perfect for them.
I don’t believe he’s like Kersten. Just poor comments. Won’t help with the players leaving, even though has nothing to do with it

To be fair to him, would be frustrating getting tabled a deal that is pretty much just there to top up your AFL retirement fund and sit in the WAFL while you’re a better player than the club captain
Glad someone said it.
Pearce isn’t that much better. Just have to get in the leadership group to get guaranteed games.
JOM, Switkowski know all about that

Big part of me suspects he would have taken that minimum offer if Cox never got injured. He probably played AFL footy again and realised he's still competent and realised he could milk it.

Also makes no sense for him to say "I wanted to stay in Perth" and then follow it up with "I didn't even consider the improved 2-year offer from freo."

He's not a better player than the club captain. But the club captain is the club captain because he leads on and off the field and plays through injury, rather than spending three years moaning and getting paid.

He was right to get as much money guaranteed for as long as he could. Simple as that. If you turn up, even for your rehab because you're injured the whole time, you're still having trouble sleeping because of that burning nerve pain, you're still feeling like you're letting everyone down and you want to be playing - you're still expected to back into oncoming traffic.

It's a business, an AFL club will cut you with a smile and a handshake just as fast.

It's the reality of the game. Loyalty payments would be awesome for retention, paid in the ten years after you retire like a superannuation fund outside the cap - but we don't live in that world.

I also know the clubs will have their new players talk about how it's so much better there and the best environment to succeed and get the best out of themselves, great culture, blah blah blah. It's all member management.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Former Freo player watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back